Part Nine: Goodbye.

I'm Sorry, I Love You.

Part Nine: Goodbye

~ ~ ~

 

“Hi Bobby” I chuckle stepping into Eryn and Madisen’s apartment. Bobby sits on the couch while I sit on the sofa chair. “Alight, here they are” Eryn walks out from Madisen’s bedroom. “Why did you need them?” Eryn asks, taking a seat beside Bobby. She hands me the large stack of papers. “I’m giving them to her” I respond. “What are they?” Bobby questions. “Love notes I wrote her throughout our relationship” I speak opening the decorative box which contain all the letters from her. I place the second stack of letters in the box, closing it up once again. I place the box to the coffee table and stare at it. I take in a deep breath. I see Eryn and Bobby exchange a questionable look to one another as they watch me. I begin to explain my plan. Eryn and Bobby looking at me, I can't tell if they’re confused or understanding. I leave, heading down to the hospital.

 

 

“Good morning Donghyuk” the nurse who was often looking after Madisen begins. “How are you today?” the older woman speaks happily. “Miyoung” I start by saying her name, ignoring her question. She looks at me resting her arm on the nurses station counter. “Please, give these to her for me” I hand her the small pink and green box of letters. “Donghyuk” she replies eyeing the box. “And please, most of all, tell her I’m very sorry” I continue. Miyoung, the nurse shakes her head slowly, her eyes moving from the box to me between shakes. I stand in silence, and watch as Miyoung heads to Madisen’s room. She pauses and looks back at me, her silver hair falling in front of her face. I nod my head and she enters the room. I stand in silence for a moment, my eyes zoning out at the tile flooring. Letting out a sigh of near relief, I smile before turning around and leaving to the waiting room. I stop outside of the doors, I turn to face them. “Beautiful” I whisper lowly. “Goodbye” I smile bittersweetly, Goodbye.

~ ~ ~