Part Thirteen: Please.

I'm Sorry, I Love You.

Part Thirteen: Please

~ ~ ~

 

I yawn, waking myself up. I stretch my arms up and turn my head to look out my window at the bright morning beyond. I roll my shoulders back before standing from the ground. I crack my neck and look at  the belongings still spread out over my bed. I inhale before letting out my air with a smile. I tilt my head back and close my eyes. I nod a smile still across my face. “Would you love me again?” I speak, picking up the framed photograph. I twirl like a little boy, the picture held between my forearms and my chest. I exhale, standing before the empty space on my wall. “Could you love me again?” my voice soft as I hang the photo back where it belongs. I smile. “Please my beautiful” I smile with my eyes at her photograph.

 

A few hours go by while I place all the items from the box back to their rightful homes in my apartment. I drop to a seat on my couch. I gaze over the mountains in the distance.

I look to my phone, it rings vibrating across the coffee table. I look at it’s lit up screen. It’s Bobby. I shrug taking in a deep breath and looking away. For the past week or so I haven’t spoken much to my friends as I’m sure they will try and apologize for bringing Madisen up in our conversation or try and speak to me about her, and no part of me wants to face that. My phone soon silences and I stand walking to my dining room table, ripping a pink tinted page from a notepad and grabbing a pen along the way.

I bite the end of the pen, eyeing the unused page sitting on the table in front of me. Soon I place the pen point to the page, scratching down my words. Within a short hour my handwritten thoughts fill the page messily. I inhale, lifting the page up to look at it with contentment.

“Aish” I mumble, my cellphone ringing once again. I hurriedly head to the coffee table and answer the call. “Hello” I meekly answer. “Hey Donghyuk” Bobby responds happily as always. I go to prompt him but he continues without me doing so. “So what do you say about meeting us for coffee?” he questions. “I uh, why?” I respond slightly confused at the proposal. “Oh let me” I hear Eryn take the phone from Bobby. “Hello Donghyuk, ignore him” she laughs, and I can hear the playful atmosphere between the two. “Anyways, a few of us were talking, and we thought it’d be nice to all go out and we couldn’t just not invite you” she explains. I pause before responding to their invite. “Well, I mean-” I begin. “You will?!” she sounds excitedly interrupting me. I sigh. “Just name the time and place” I shake my head. “Awesome! We are meeting at The Little Cafe tomorrow evening around 6 o’clock” she tells me. “Okay, I’ll see you there” I say before bidding goodbye.

I place my phone back down on the table before heading back to the paper I had written on. I pick up the paper, holding it with both hands, I overlook my hand writing. My eyes drop down the page to the last line. My black inked handwriting reading my thoughts. Love me again, please.

~ ~ ~