Part Fifteen: Always.

I'm Sorry, I Love You.

Part Fifteen: Always

~ ~ ~

 

I inhale and exhale deeply. I dust of my suit jacket over my chest slowly. I look at my reflection in the mirror. A black suit fitted to my shape and my hair fixed back gentlemanly. About two weeks have gone by since Madisen and I began seeing one another again. The first few days were awkward to say the least, but with a couple deep conversations, we’ve begun our relationship back where we left it. Tonight was the ‘company ball’ as I call it, an event where we all dress up to go dancing and eat a fancy meal. I walk from my washroom, picking up the small pink tinted page filled with my handwriting. I read the words one last time before folding the paper.

 

 

Dear my sweet Madisen,

 

My only love. My only world. My only desire. My only rose. My only Madisen.

If I could change the past, it would be different. And if I could write the future, I’d leave it to fate. So my beautiful, my fate, my Madisen. Would you write the future? Would you love me again? Because, in this tale as old as time, I promise to always be the man who desires, cares, and honors you. I promise to always protect the rose which I call Madsien. And I promise to always love you. With each day that goes by my love will grow stronger, and with every night that passes my love will reflect in our dreams. Oh my dear beautiful Madisen. Love me again, please.

 

Sincerely,

Your Beast, Donghyuk.

 

I slide the folded note into my inner suit jacket pocket. I tap the paper which lay over my chest, my heart and smile.

“Ey~” Bobby enters my room, Hanbin following behind him. “Lookin’ good man” Hanbin compliments me. The two of them wearing similar attire, Hanbin in a vest and Bobby just a dress shirt. “I’m dressed to impress and ready for a lady in a dress” Jinhwan spins into the room, causing us a to laugh with his entrance. “Shall we?” I insist we leave. “After you” Hanbin follows Jinhwan out. Bobby nudges my shoulder and I smile with a nod.

Within no time the group of us arrive at our destination. We all enter the large hotel venue. I look around the high end finishings and elaborate decorations. “Jiwon~” Eryn takes Bobby by the arm, herself in a fitted red dress. “Excuse me boys” he jokingly bids goodbye before linking arms with Eryn and leaving the rest of us at the entrance. “Hanbin!” Skye calls with a wave, and soon I’m left alone awaiting my own date to arrive. I take a seat at our groups table. I play mindlessly with the small diamond decorative piece in it’s center. “Hey” Bobby speaks, hitting me gently on the shoulder from behind. “I think your lady awaits you” he tells me, speaking playfully. I look up and straight ahead at a beautiful woman walking into the venue. Her hair is curled and she wears a black dress which glitters as it approaches the ground. I turn to face Bobby and Eryn who stand arm an arm behind me. Eryn smiles and Bobby just raises an eyebrow with a head tilt. I do as I know he is prompting me to. I stand from the table and walk for the entrance. I clear my throat and hold out my hand in her direction. “May I?” I ask her kindly in a playful manner bowing my head to the side. I look up to her who look at me with a small smile. “Or am I unworthy to such a beautiful maiden?” I joke. She chuckles slightly before playing back with me. “No, I’d dub thee worthy” she places her hand in mine. I laugh, as does she. I lead her to our table gentlemanly, as dinner will soon start. Pulling out her chair, I allow her the first seat. We are soon joined by some of the others and our meals. We all eat, conversations of joy among us all. The night goes on, everybody happily dancing and chatting.

“Hey Madisen” I get her attention, before taking her hand in mine. I take her, leading her to a small room which had caught my eye earlier in the evening. “Where are we going?” she asks me through her girlish giggles. “You’ll see” I respond, opening the door to a large room. A shining black grand piano sitting perfectly center of the room. I leave her at the door and walk taking a seat on the piano’s bench. I look at her with a smile before looking at my hands which begin pressing the keys into a melody. I look to her who stand, her hands covering half her face. I begin singing, my voice soft and sweet accompanying the piano's song. I watch her as she takes a seat beside me on the bench, placing her hands to the keys and playing along with me. Together our hands move as if one. I smile at her who watches her own hands move across the keys. I plant a gentle kiss to her temple, before continuing with the song. The song comes to a finish and without hesitation I take her cheek in my hand, turning her to face me. I place my lips to hers. Our lips move as our hands did, as one, together. I pull away kissing the tip of her nose. “Madisen” I begin. “I have something for you” I pull out the folded letter from my jacket. She takes the paper from my hand, looking at me with a questioning gaze. “What is it?” she asks. “Just open it” I tell her before beginning to play the piano again. I watch her as my hands move over the keys. “Donghyuk” she lowers the paper. “I do love you” she tells me sweetly, stopping my hands on the piano. “I do Donghyuk, I do love you” she repeats. “I’ll always love you” she kisses my cheek, and rests her head to my shoulder before playing the keys with one hand. “Always Donghyuk, always”.

~ ~ ~