FIFTH

Push & Pull
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"He passed out due to exhaustion and not having enough sleep. I guess his waist injury also has something to do with his exhaustion. He should take a few days off work and rest to recover fully."

"You try telling him that, hyung." Sehun scoffs, "We have a concert in three days and I doubt he would want to rest."

"I could prescribe him some painkillers but it would have side effects to it. I will talk to him about it when he has regain consciousness."

"Thanks, hyung. I'm so sorry for troubling you to open up your clinic at this timing but you're the only person who I could think of. I didn't want to go to any hospital or clinic because I'm sure our managers will be really mad when they find out what happened to Jongin." Sehun couldn't be more thankful to have a doctor in his family. When Soojung called him asking for help for Jongin, the first thing that popped into his mind was his older brother, Sehyun. 

Sehun walks towards the holding room where Jongin and Soojung are. He stops at the door when he sees her hunches over the bed where Jongin is lying on. His eyes are closed tightly as a pained expression is on his face. He feels guilty because he is somehow responsible for him passing out in the dance studio. If he hadn't made plans with Soojung, none of this would have happened. He then starts think about his relationship with Jongin. They used to be best buddies and did almost everything together. He is closest to him in their group and are practically best friends. They used to practice together and discuss about their performances. He really misses spending time with him and he blames himself for everything that has happened lately. If he wasn't so selfish and took Soojung away from him, they would still have been close. Due to how dark and quiet the clinic is, negativity starts to sink in him. I'm to blame for Jongin's suffering. Why was I so self-centred? Soojung is his girlfriend, not mine. I really don't want to lose the both of them but they're so unhappy now. Maybe I should leave them alone?

His mind told him to choose one. But he couldn't choose. Would he rather lose a good and dear friend or the girl that he loves with all of his heart?

"Sehun-ah," Soojung calls out to him when she sees him at the door. Her tear-stained face makes his heart ache. She sniffs and wipes her tears away as the latter walks up to her and envelops her in a hug. He rubs her back up and down gently to soothe her. She buries her head even more into his chest as she wraps her arm around him tightly. "It's my fault. I shouldn't have left him alone."

He shushes her, "No, it isn't your fault."

"It is!"

"Jung Soojung," he sternly says. "Look at me." When she doesn't looks at him, he lifts her chin up with his index finger. "You're not the one at fault for Jongin passin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter