NINTH

Push & Pull
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Even though he has been to a lot of dates with her and should be experienced by now, he still feels nervous. It is as if he is going on their first date all over again. He lets her decide of what they should be doing tonight and agrees to watching the sunrise at the Han River. They used to do that for almost every date in the past.

It is her favourite spot in the whole world. She love seeing how the dark night sky glows as the sun slowly rises. The orange and yellow light illuminating the sky and the moon and the stars slowly dies down. There are numerous shots of the sunrise in her phone. Every time she watches it, she makes to sure to capture every moment of it.

Jongin pulls up in front of her house and honks once, signalling to her that he has arrived. He puts back the pillows and blankets on the backseats after realising that it has fallen off while he was driving. He makes sure that the contents inside the picnic basket isn't smushed or toppled by something. He might have driven at a faster speed than he should be. Due to how fast he was, the basket fell over onto the floor. Thankfully, the egg sandwiches and fruits are still in their places and the food is still edible.

He looks out of the window and smiles at Soojung who is fixing her scarf as she walks towards his car. She wraps more layers of the navy blue scarf around her due to how low the temperature is. She should have known better than suggesting to watch the sunrise in the cold. She already feels guilty towards him.

"Hey," he greets her as she sits in the passenger seat. "You look lovely."

She scoffs, "Don't lie, Kim Jongin. I know I look horrible." She has been filming the whole day and her face clearly shows that she is lacking of sleep. The make-up she put on couldn't hide the visible eyebags and how tired her face is. 

"You always look good no matter what, Jung Soojung." He reassures her as he holds her hand. It has been such a long time since he held her and he has the urge to just kiss her right there. But he stops himself just in time because he doesn't want to ruin it like how he did previously. 

Letting go of her hand, he helps her to buckle her seatbelt before driving off to the Han River.

 

 

He lays out a blanket for the two of them to sit on as they wait for the sun to appear. He takes out the food from the basket before letting out a yawn. She notices it even after he tries to hide it from her.

"Are you tired?" Soojung asks.

He quickly shakes his head. "No."

"You have lied to me twice today, Kim Jongin." She chuckles seeing how he is nervously scratching his head. "I'm sorry for asking you out on such a cold day."

"It's okay. It has been a while since I went to the Han River too." He gives her the box of strawberries that he has specially bought for her at a supermarket at the ends of Seoul. The strawberries are fresh and organic and a bit more expensive too but he doesn't minds. He likes spending money

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter