FOURTH

Push & Pull
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Happy birthday, Soojung. I . . . I love you."

L-Love me? What am I supposed to reply to that . . .

"Um, me too. Thanks."

Who the hell says thank you to that? Only Jung Soojung, of course. She puts her phone into her bag after hanging up. She sighs and looks out of the window of the car. Sehun glances at the girl worriedly as he drives. She has been sighing a lot like how an old grandmother would. Their drive towards where they're going is silent, which is a bit odd since Soojung is known to be the talkative one. She could talk for hours and Sehun won't get bored of it since he loves listening to her. 

It is a bit worse during lunch. She barely looked at the menu and only ordered a salad. She usually has a really big appetite, one of the many reasons why Sehun loves her. He could never worry about bringing her to an expensive restaurant or a buffet because she could literally eat everything. She would finish everything that is on her plate and won't leave anything behind. Whenever Sehun goes on a blind date (which is arranged by his mother), he always has to finish off the girl's food as they usually can't finished it. With Soojung, he could always orders a hearty meal and she would even sometimes eat some of his portions.

"What's wrong? You have been out of it since you called Jongin," Sehun grabs her attention by bringing her hands together and holds them. He rubs circles on the back of her hand as he stares worriedly at her. "You can always tell me anything, you know?"

Soojung couldn't bring herself to look at him in the eye. She purses her lips and lets out another exasperated sigh. "It's Jongin," she mumbles. "I just feel bad for him."

He raises an eyebrow. When has she ever worry for him, though? "Why? What's wrong with Jongin?" He tries to appear aloof even though he knows the real reason behind it. He could somehow figure it out after Jongin texted him if he is really spending the day with Soojung. His replies seemed cold and he figured that the latter is upset with the both of them.

"I just feel sorry for him. He wanted to celebrate my birthday with me today but I turned him down saying that I had plans with you." Like I always do all the time whenever he asks. She feels guilty about it and she couldn't take her mind off of it. She has never felt this way before whenever she turns him down in the past. But since he had said those three words to her and how unhappy he sounds saying it, the guilt started to grow even more. If you love somebody, you're supposed to feel joy and be happy with the person. But why does he sounds so forced and miserable? Am I making Jongin miserable?

Sehun replies, "So, why are you upset? You're with me now so you didn't really lied to him."

"I don't know, Sehun. I just started thinking of how many times I have turned him down in the past. I don't even know why he's still with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter