9th piece

Puzzle
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Jimin was walking rather slowly down the hall the next day, his fingers lightly brushing against the lockers while his eyes were trained on the figure a few feet away. Sometimes, he feels like he should tread carefully when he's around Jin since the latter may have many sides that Jimin isn't aware of yet. As he got closer, Jimin could see Jin was on his phone yet again and could see his lips move as he talked. Coming to a stop with his hand on a random locker, Jimin just stood there and watched Jin.
 

The way the sunlight peeked in through the windows made his jet black hair glimmer with dark red and dark brown tones. The way his tall and lean frame was leaning against the wall made him look like an unreachable star, something out of this world. But those eyes... the way those dark and mysterious eyes looked at Jimin completely captivate him. They were like a magnetic force that Jimin could not repel. He didn't realize Jin had finished his call, he was so distracted he didn't even realize he was staring until Jin was standing right before him.
 

Jimin looked up and made eye contact with those hypnotizing eyes. The halls were now empty, so it was just the two of them; one on one. Jimin saw Jin slightly tilt his head to the side as he brought up a hand, hesitant for a moment before placing it on the side of Jimin's face. The latter found this touch familiar in a way, though he couldn't decipher from where. When Jin gently brushed a thumb across his cheek, Jimin found himself closing his eyes as he released a soft sigh.
 

It was strange, the sensation of peace Jimin felt whenever Jin was near. It was this comforting sense of tranquility that he hasn't felt in a long time. His messy thoughts would part like gray clouds parting from the sun and he could actually feel the warmth. Feeling the hand on his face go to the back of his head, Jimin opened his eyes and saw Jin was still looking at him. He felt his heart pound in his chest when the older slowly leaned in close, their faces mere centimeters apart.
 

Jimin tilted his head a little upward and just as Jin was about to close the gap, the shrill sound of the bell startled him. Blinking rapidly, Jimin looked at his surroundings and realized he was daydreaming. He looked over to where Jin was, leaning against the wall, and saw the older still on his phone and looking right at him. There was this smirk on his face and when he subtly winked at Jimin, the latter felt his face grow hot as he quickly turned around and walked away. And as he walked to class, Jimin could still faintly feel the touch of Jin's hand on his cheek.
 

How could a daydream feel so real?
 

=================================================
 

The rest of the day went about normally and as Jimin was walking out of the school with Taehyung, he spotted Jin talking with someone by the gates. That someone was a mature looking guy dressed in black and had soft looking pale pink hair. He was a bit taller than Jin and by the relaxed look on the latter's face, Jimin assumed they must be friends. Jin was the first to look over and a small smile appeared on his face as he waved at Jimin, who smiled back as he returned the wave. But it was his friend who suddenly walked towards them with confident strides.
 

Jimin curiously looked up at the guy once he was standing in front of them, a friendly aura radiating off him as he looked back at them. Jin came up just then and got his friend's attention by grabbing his arm and gave him a look of warning, he then looked at Jimin somewhat apologetically.
 

"He just came over here on his own before I could stop him." he said.
 

"That's okay." said Jimin with a dismissive wave of his hand, he then looked at the guy and gave a polite bow, "Hello, I'm Jimin."
 

"I know, Jin talks about you all the time. Like, all the time." said the guy with a mischievous grin, then flinched away from Jin with a pained gasp.
 

Jimin curiously tilted his head and looked over at the older, who was looking off to the side with a light frown on his face. He then looked back at the guy and saw him rubbing his back with a grimace.
 

"Didn't have to pinch me so hard." he mumbled, but then smiled and looked at Jimin, "Nice to finally meet you, I'm Namjoon."
 

Jimin gave a nod with a smile and looked over at Taehyung, who had been quiet this whole time, and saw him looking at Namjoon with

Please log in to read the full chapter