27th piece

Puzzle
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Everyone stayed silent for a good solid minute, there was nothing else they could do. How was one to explain that someone just materialized out of thin air? Can they call it and illusion? A trick of the mind? No, those weren't appropriate answers. That would just be evading the situation at hand.
 

Without warning, Jungkook lunged at Jimin and wrapped his arms around the older before both dematerialized. Red mist was left behind and the others could only gawk at at the now vacant spot.
 

"Did Jungkook seriously just abduct Jimin?" asked Taehyung, his eyes wide.
 

"Looks like it." said Yoongi, a look of genuine surprise on his face.
 

"Jin, can you try to reach Jungkook?" asked Namjoon.
 

"Okay..." said Jin, completely shaken.
 

He then closed his eyes and calmed himself to try and connect with Jungkook, but frowned when there was no trace of the youngest. Jin would usually be able to pick up a small hint of where Jungkook would be, but all he got was black. He concentrated harder and the frown on his face only deepened when he still couldn't get a trace. Jin opened his eyes and looked at the others with a look of agitation.
 

"He completely closed off his mind." he said.


===================================================


Jimin found himself in a completely unfamiliar place, it was a bedroom of some sort with a messy bed on one side and an even messier desk by a big window on the other. But his attention was quickly brought back to Jungkook, who still had his arms tightly wrapped around him and was lightly trembling.
 

"P-Please let me explain..." said Jungkook in a hushed and quivering voice, his face hidden in the crook of Jimin's neck, "Please, please... let me explain."
 

Despite his shock and confusion, Jimin felt his chest twinge at how feeble Jungkook sounded, but couldn't produce words no matter how much he wanted to. Jungkook, however, took it as a good sign that he wasn't being shoved away and let out a shaky breath. But he refused to raise his head just yet.
 

"I brought us to Apollo Academy, t-this is where I go to school." he began, the strain to keep his tone leveled evident, "This academy was designed for people like me... p-people with abilities."
 

"I have two... I can teleport and I can turn invisible." continued Jungkook, his hold on the older unconsciously tightening, "I came to this academy when I was seven years old because even though my parents were very accepting of me, they didn't know how to help me control and develop my abilities."
 

"I would accidentally disappear on them when I was feeling a strong emotion and I would always teleport to my house if I ever felt trapped." Jungkook then slowly raised his head and looked Jimin right in the eyes even though he looked completely terrified, "I-I really want us to stay friends, Jimin... Please don't see me differently because of this... P-Please..."
 

Jungkook's voice broke at the end and the tears that had gathered in his eyes had started rolling down his face, completely breaking Jimin's heart. The latter raised a hand and cupped the side of Jungkook's face, whose eyes were apprehensive.
 

"I also want us to stay friends." said Jimin with a small smile, Jungkook felt as though he'd been winded as he stared at the older with big eyes of disbelief and caution.
 

"I was startled that you suddenly appeared out of thin air like that, but I wasn't scared or anything." continued Jimin, then brought up his other hand so both were now cupping Jungkook's face, "What you have is a gift and I understand why you didn't tell me about it right away... And don't worry, I will never see you differently just because you can teleport and turn invisible. "
 

"J-Jimin -" started Jungkook, his breath hitching with how overwhelmed he felt.
 

"You're still Jungkook, right?" interrupted Jimin with a laugh, the younger just nodded a little shyly, "Then that's all that matters."
 

Jungkook's bottom lip started trembling and when more silent tears rolled down his face, Jimin wiped them away with his thumbs while gently saying words of comfort. Once the younger calmed down a bit, he decided to joke a little.
 

"Now that I know about your abilities, don't start to prank me by sneaking up on me. Got it?" said Jimin with a playful glare, earning a laugh from Jungkook as he nodded.
 

Jimin then thought of something else... did the others know about Jungkook? They must know since none of them looked shocked when Jungkook suddenly popped up, if anything, they just looked shocked at the fact that Jimin had seen it happen.
 

"Does Namjoon go to this academy, too?" asked Jimin, the doubt of having seen fire rising from the older's palm nagging at him.
 

"He does." confirmed Jungkook, looking uneasy again, "H-He has the ability to make and control fire."
 

"Pyrokinesis." said Jimin with a smile, then took both of Jungkook's hands in his and gave them an assuring squeeze, "I'd actually like to see that some day. If he's okay with it, of course."
 

"He'd be more than happy to show you!" said Jungkook with a relieved expression as he gave Jimin's hands a squeeze back, "Namjoon always plays with either the academy's fire or his own and the professors always scold him for it."
 

"I can imagine." said Jimin with a laugh.
 

"But he's got full control of it after years of practice." said Jungkook, looking proud of his friend, "Namjoon's pretty smart, so he quickly learned how to handle his ability and can do all s

Please log in to read the full chapter