8th piece

Puzzle
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Jimin had set up the video game console and was sitting in front of the television Taehyung had in his room, he was playing a racing game when he heard the bed dip behind him. Pausing the game, he looked over his shoulder and saw Taehyung lying on his side with his back turned.
 

"What took you so long?" he asked.
 

Taehyung didn't move or answer and Jimin furrowed his brows in concern as he put down the controller and climbed up on the bed. Sitting mermaid style, Jimin reached out and put his hand on Taehyung's arm. When there was still no response from the latter, Jimin started to softly rub his friend's arm.
 

"Are you okay, Tae?" asked Jimin, feeling more concerned than before.
 

"We'll always be friends, right?" asked Taehyung suddenly, his voice quiet and holding this undertone of vulnerability that made Jimin's chest twinge.
 

"Of course we will." assured the latter.
 

"No matter what, right?" asked Taehyung, his back still turned.
 

"No matter what." confirmed Jimin without hesitation.


==================================================


The weekend went by pretty fast and though Taehyung seemed to be back to his bubbly self, Jimin still spent every second with him. It's now Monday morning and as Jimin neared the school, a pair of hands landed on his shoulders from behind and jerked him back. Letting out a startled gasp, Jimin spun around with big eyes and saw a grinning Taehyung looking back at him.
 

"You jerk face! You scared the crap out of me!" exclaimed Jimin as he reached over to repeatedly swat at his now laughing friend.
 

Taehyung then held up his hands in defense and grabbed Jimin's wrists, making the latter start kicking instead.
 

"Hey!" protested Taehyung with a laugh as he dodged, he then let go of Jimin's wrists and instead wrapped him up in a hug that pinned his arms at his sides.
 

"Let go so I can beat you up!" exclaimed Jimin in exasperation as he wriggled about.
 

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" said Taehyung while grinning, then rested his chin on Jimin's shoulder, "I couldn't help it."
 

Jimin stopped his fidgeting and when Taehyung hesitantly let go, he cooed when he saw the cute pout on his friend's face.
 

"Aw~ Jimin, don't make that face." he then cupped Jimin's face in his hands and smiled his box smile, "You know I can't resist that face!"
 

Jimin's pout then turned into a reluctant smile before he started laughing, Taehyung laughed along and he draped an arm around his friend's shoulders before they headed inside the school. As Taehyung was talking about the latest horror mystery novel he was reading, Jimin's attention was caught by Jin. The latter was leaning against the wall by the staircase with his arms crossed and looking in their direction, his eyes trained intently on Taehyung. But when Jin's eyes trailed over to Jimin, they softened immediately and a small smile appeared on his face as he gave a nod of his head in greeting. Jimin smiled back a bit and gave a small wave of his hand.
He then heard a soft scoff beside him and looked up to see Taehyung had caught sight of Jin as well. Jimin felt himself being pulled closer to Taehyung's side as the latter purposely walked in a different direction. They walked in silence until they reached Jimin's classroom, Taehyung removed his arm from Jimin's shoulders and looked at the latter with a serious expression as they stood in front of each other.
 

"I'm going to be really honest with you right now." he said.
 

"I'm listening." said Jimin attentively.
 

"I don't like Jin. At all." said Taehyung.
 

"What? Why not?" asked Jimin with a confused blink.
 

"His whole demeanor is odd and the way he slinks through the school like a ghost is just plain creepy." replied Taehyung.
 

"But I thought you liked creepy." said Jimin innocently with a tilt of his head, Taehyung's lip twitched and then he started laughing.
 

"What?" said Jimin with a lost look, not understanding what was funny all of a sudden.
 

"Damn it, Jimin, why are you so cute when I'm trying to be serious?" said Taehyung as he gathered his friend in his arms and nuzzled the side of his head affectionately.
 

"What did I do?" asked a confused Jimin as he absentmindedly wrapped his arms around Taehyung's waist.
 

"Nothing, forget about it." said the latter with a chuckle, he then let go and smiled, "I'm just letting you know, so you won't worry if you don't see me around when you're with Jin."
 

"But I want the three of us to get along." said Jimin, looking up at his friend with sad puppy eyes.
 

"That's... not going to happen, Jimin." said Taehyung, wanting to say 'impossible' instead, "I'm sure Jin isn't too fond of me, either, the way he looked at me just now."
 

"It's probably a misunderstanding!" said Jimin quickly, "I can try talking to him and-"
 

"No, no, none of that." interrupted Taehyung with a laugh, "I don't want you to worry about a thing, okay? Just keep talking to him like you always have. I'll be fine."
 

"But Taehyung..." insisted Jimin, his eyes pleading.
 

"We can't get along with everyone, Jimin, there's always going to be someone who dislikes someone else." said Taehyung with a small smile.
 

Please log in to read the full chapter