33rd piece

Puzzle
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Jin could still not believe this was really happening as he finished getting ready. After their talk yesterday, he had felt so light and things seemed much brighter than before. The fact that Jimin had wholeheartedly accepted him, all of him, really meant a lot. Now that the younger knew about him and his friends, Jin felt like he didn't have to be so guarded anymore. But there was still one more person Jimin needed to find out about.
 

Taehyung's been so adamant about keeping his true self a secret and Jin's worried because he knows it won't last long. No secret can be kept forever, especially between two good friends like those two. But this no longer involved Jin, so he's trying his best to steer clear from it even though he knows it will turn into a disaster the more Taehyung remains stubborn.
 

Deciding to think about that later, Jin steps out of his room and goes down to the living room. There, he sees Jungkook and Taehyung sitting on the floor having fun playing some video game while Yoongi calls out some really bad gaming advice from the couch. Beside his cousin was Namjoon, his arms crossed and a thoughtful expression on his face.
 

Joon channeled Jin, not wanting to get the other's attention, Namjoon looked over at Jin and sat up a bit to show he was listening.
 

Don't think about it so much, he might hear you said Jin as he discreetly nodded towards Taehyung, referring to what he was just thinking about.
 

He won't assured Namjoon with a small smile.
 

I've been practicing with Hoseok and he tells me I've gotten much better at keeping my pulse neutral... I've even tried it in front of Taehyung a few times and he didn't notice
 

Jin nodded at that and walked towards his friend with his hand held out, receiving Namjoon's car keys. The latter's always willing to lend Jin his car and the older sometimes feels bad for asking.
 

"I've got to get my own car soon." said Jin with a chuckle, then looked at the others, "I'm leaving now. Try to keep the house in tact while I'm gone, okay?"
 

"No promises." said Yoongi with a grin, laughing when Jin sat on him and playfully knuckled his head.


================================


Jimin couldn't sit still for more than a few seconds, so he had gotten to pace around his living room instead. He wondered if he got ready too early, whether or not he was wearing the right clothes, he was even wondering if Jin would show up. The older said he would, maybe Jimin was the one being too nervous. Was Jin just as nervous? Probably not, the older was always composed and... well, that's not true. Yesterday, Jimin had seen a whole new side of Jin and just thinking about it now made his face grow warm and a silly smile appear on his face.
 

He then gave a startled jump when the doorbell rang and spun around to look at the door with wide eyes. He brought up a hand to his chest when he realized his heart had starting beating at a fast pace. Jimin took a slow and deep breath to calm himself down before going to open the door, but it just made his heart accelerate again when he saw Jin standing there. The older smiled almost instantly when their eyes met, a certain gleam that only seemed to appear when he was looking at Jimin.
 

"Ready to go?" asked Jin.
 

Jimin didn't trust his voice at this moment, so he merely nodded. Jin chuckled and held out his hand, the younger never hesitating to take it.
 

I'm nervous, too...
 

Jimin looked up at Jin with a startled blink, not expecting to hear the older's voice in his mind. He knew it was in there because the voice sounded a tiny bit different than a normal speaking voice, it also had the slightest of echoes.
 

"You heard me?" asked Jin with a small smile.
 

"Yeah... I did." replied Jimin, the look of wonder on his face making the older smile wider.
 

"I didn't know if you would be able to, since I could just barely read your thoughts." said Jin, then a look of worry crossed his face as his brows furrowed, "You don't find it... creepy, do you?"
 

"Not at all." said Jimin, smiling brightly and sincerely, "I was just a little surprised because I heard it so suddenly, but I can definitely get used to it."
 

It was Jin's turn to smile brightly, catching Jimin off guard for a moment. But he smiled again and gave the older's hand a squeeze, feeling his heart flutter when Jin lightly squeezed back.


================================


Staring at the beautiful flowers in awe, Jimin didn't even notice Jin's arm going around his shoulders so he could be guided down the wooden path of the rose garden. There was a cozy cafe merged with this garden for anyone who wanted to have a hot drink as they admired the flowers. They had a seat at one of the tables and when a blonde-haired waitress came over to show them the different drinks options

Please log in to read the full chapter