21st piece

Puzzle
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Monday rolled around and Jimin was currently sitting in the cafeteria by himself, moping because Taehyung wasn't in school today. Jimin had gotten a call from his friend this morning saying he wasn't feeling well and would be staying home. Taehyung rarely got sick and when he did, he would never let Jimin go near him; the latter has yet to know why. The chair beside him scraped back and Jimin looked up to see Jin sitting down with his notebook in hand, instantly making a smile appear on his face.
 

"I noticed Taehyung wasn't here today, so I came over to keep you company." said Jin with a smile.
 

"Did I look that lonely?" asked Jimin with a laugh, but felt touched nonetheless.
 

Jin merely let out a laugh and then just stared at Jimin with a small smile on his face, something in his eyes that the younger hasn't seen before. But it made him feel warm and kind of special.
 

"There's something different about you today." commented Jimin as he looked at the older in wonder.
 

"Is there?" said Jin, his smile growing a little.
 

Jimin nodded then let his eyes roam the older's face for a moment, taking in every detail and felt his pulse quicken at just how handsome Jin is before looking back into his eyes.
 

"I don't know what it is, but there's definitely something different." said Jimin, not noticing how soft his voice had come out.
 

"Do you want a closer look?" asked Jin, his own voice quiet while his smile turned into a bit of a smirk as he leaned closer.
 

Jimin's eyes widened a bit and his heart skipped a beat as he quickly averted his gaze, shifting in his seat while feeling flustered. He brought up a hand and lightly pushed Jin away, the latter chuckling as he pulled back. Jimin looked back up and when he saw his hand was right on Jin's chest, he quickly pulled it back. There was a faint tingling sensation lingering in his hand.
 

"You're adorable." said Jin with a laugh, absentmindedly bringing his own hand up to rub at his chest; the same spot Jimin had touched.
 

The latter rolled his eyes at the compliment and gave Jin a playful push, who laughed again as he reached out and messed up Jimin's hair with both hands. The younger let out a whine as he tried moving his head away while bringing up his hands to grab Jin's wrists. When the older suddenly stopped, Jimin looked up and saw how close Jin had gotten. Ignoring the awkward position they were in, the two just looked into each other's eyes; both hypnotized by each other. Jimin suddenly wondered what it would be like to have Jin as more than a friend.
 

Instead of the thought making him blush and feel embarrassed, Jimin actually tilted his head to the side a bit as he observed Jin again. The older's kind, thoughtful, not to mention really good looking, so Jimin suddenly feels curious about what type of boyfriend he would be.
 

"You're thinking something weird." said Jin, his brows furrowing a bit.
 

Jimin quickly rid his mind of those previous thoughts and the frown on Jin's face smoothed out, making him look a little confused now as he stared at the younger in slight panic.
 

"Where did it go?" asked Jin, his eyes growing wide.
 

"Where did what go?" asked Jimin back in confusion.
 

"What you were thinking." replied Jin, his brows furrowing again as he ran his fingers through Jimin's hair before lowering his hands, "It was just there a second ago and now it's gone."
 

Jimin just looked at the older questioningly, but then recalled what he had said about being an odd child and decided not to think much of it. After all, he's heard stranger things out of Taehyung. But Jin seemed to have realized what he said because his eyes widened in shock and even his face paled a bit. Before Jimin could react, however, Jin got up from his seat and bolted out of the cafeteria.
 

"Seokjin!" called Jimin automatically as he too got up, then noticed the notebook on the table; he picked it up and ran out of the cafeteria before Jin could get away.
 

Going into the hallway, Jimin looked around and let out a disappointed sigh when he didn't see Jin anywhere. He looked down at the notebook in his hands and bit his lip, wondering why the older had run off like that.
 

===========================================


After school, Jimin did not run into Jin at all and it made him uneasy. He couldn't tell if Jin was purposely avoiding him or if it was an actual coincidence. Walking to his locker, Jimin really wished Taehyung was here so he didn't feel so alone. Days like this, with his friend absent, the school seemed bigger and the day seemed longer. He would find himself wanting to go back home because what's the point of coming to school when Taehyung wasn't there?
 

Letting out a sigh, Jimin lightly shook his head while briefly closing his eyes to scatter those thoughts away. He knows he can't always be dependent on Taehyung, even though the latter has absolutely no problem with it, but he can't help it. There are these days where dark thoughts creep into his mind like gray clouds and Taehyung is always there before it starts raining. Speaking of which, Jimin passes by a large window and stops when he notices how cloudy it got outside; worsening his mood. He put his hand against the glass and lightly shivered from how cold it was, then shifted his gaze upward towards the gray clouds.
 

Gathering around, covering up the bright blue sky... just like his thoughts. Jimin then let his mind get clouded as well, not bothering anymore to push them away. Should he just quit school? It would really help his parents if he got a job instead and helped with the expenses. It's not like he needed to go to college; there was always later for that.
 

Besides, he's noticed the way his parents look more and more stressed each day then try to cover it up with a smile in front of him. He knows they don't want to worry him, but Jimin feels like a burden sometimes. Though he tries his best to not spend when he doesn't need to, it just doesn't seem like enough. There was still lack of money, there were still bills piling up, and he doesn't know how much more he can handle.
 

Just as a lone tear rolled down Jimin's face, he closed his eyes and let out a shaky breath when he felt a pair of arms wrap around his shoulders from behind.
 

This touch... he knows this touch...
 

A soft sob escaped Jimin's lips and the arms around him hugged him tighter, pressing his back against a sturdy chest and making his hand slide off the cold window.
 

"It's okay, Jimin... Everything's going to be okay." murmured Jin, his lips brushing against the younger's hair.
 

The dam Jimin has been trying so hard to keep together started shaking and when soft lips p

Please log in to read the full chapter