20th piece

Puzzle
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

"Does Jimin know you're half vampire?" asked Jungkook with a curious look.
 

Taehyung stopped rummaging through the different t-shirts and looked at the younger with a blank expression, then shook his head as he slowly went back to looking.
 

"Why not?" asked Jungkook, sounding genuinely interested.
 

"There's no need for him to know." replied Taehyung quietly.
 

Jungkook got the hint that he shouldn't ask more on the matter and just nodded as he absentmindedly started looking through the clothes as well. He then looked at Taehyung again with a thoughtful expression.
 

"Are your eyes really gray?" he asked, making the older freeze.
 

Taehyung then slowly looked at Jungkook again and the latter felt a shiver go down his spine at the piercing gaze.
 

"I-I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked that!" said Jungkook with big eyes as he waved his hands in front of himself.
 

"How do you know about my eyes?" asked Taehyung.
 

"Well, we have classes on supernatural creatures and I took a course on vampires." explained Jungkook, feeling nervous now, "Some of them are known to have colored eyes, but since you're only half, I was wondering if the same thing applied to you."
 

Taehyung stared hard at Jungkook for a rather long time, making the younger gulp as he forced himself to keep the eye contact. Even though he knew it was a bad idea because it would make it easier for Taehyung to get into his mind.
 

"Dhampirs are a little different with eye color." said Taehyung at last, "The ones I've heard of have very dark eyes that look almost black. Others have heterochromia, where one eye is one color and the other is a different color."
 

He then looked away from Jungkook and the latter saw his jaw clench as he glared at nothing in particular.
 

"Then there are the lucky ones who have normal brown eyes." he very quietly added, but Jungkook still heard.
 

He then debated on whether or not to ask this next question since he didn't want to mess up this starting friendship with Taehyung, but he was kind of itching to know.
 

"My father has gray eyes. I got them from him." said Taehyung, Jungkook looked up with big eyes and saw the older was already looking at him.
 

"I-I actually forgot you could read thoughts." admitted Jungkook, feeling his face grow warm in embarrassment.
 

"That's weird, since that's all I got from you earlier when I was giving you the stare down." said Taehyung, then chuckled as he shook his head, "You kept repeating, 'Don't look away,' so many times in your head that I was about to tell you to knock it off. You knew I could easily go deep into your mind if I wanted to yet you still kept eye contact with me."
 

Jungkook was then completely caught off guard by the bright smile that appeared on Taehyung face as he let out a laugh.
 

"You unconsciously trusted me to not invade your personal thoughts." he said, sounding cheerful yet a little confused, "You weren't scared of me."
 

"Well, Jimin's a kind person and if he's best friends with you then... y-you must not be a bad person." said Jungkook, looking and feeling flustered, "Even if I did have a bad first impression of you, I'm starting to see that you're just a normal and friendly guy."
 

His words must have meant something deep to Taehyung because his expression brightened up even more and there was a touched look in his eyes.
 

"Besides, why would I be scared of you?" huffed Jungkook with a mock tough look, "If you ever tried anything, I can just disappear on you."
 

"I'll still be able to find you, though." said Taehyung with an amused expression.
 

"How?" said Jungkook with an incredulous look, then thought about it for a moment before face palming, "Oh, right, you have heightened senses."
 

That made Taehyung start laughing wholeheartedly, reaching out to put his hands on Jungkook's shoulders for leverage. The latter blushed in embarrassment again as he let his eyes wander.
 

"Why do I keep forgetting you're part vampire?" mumbled Jungkook while Taehyung continued to laugh.


========================================================


Jimin was in another store with Jin and Namjoon, the other two a distance away looking at some sunglasses. He himself was absentmindedly looking at some hats, his eyes occasionally wandering towards Jin while his mind was completely jumbled. How can someone confuse him so much? Jimin didn't realize he was staring until Jin suddenly looked up and flashed him a smile while waving, making him blink in surprise and quickly look away while pushing up his glasses. He mentally scolded himself for being careless and then gave a startled jump when he felt a hand on the back of his head. He looked up and saw a grinning Jin.
 

"Why did you look away?" asked the older with a laugh.
 

"I was just caught staring like a creep. Wouldn't you look away?" replied Jimin, his cheeks warming up in embarrassment.
 

"You're so cute." said Jin with another laugh while lightly ruffling the younger's hair before lowering

Please log in to read the full chapter