14th piece

Puzzle
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

                                                 Janus Institution
 

                         Patient Name: Min Yoongi          Date of Birth: March 9
                         Place of Birth: Daegu             Current Location: Daegu
         
                         Blood Type: O
                         Family: Mother, Father (No Siblings)

                         Reason: Patient claimed his cousin, Kim Seokjin, could read minds.
                         Parents showed concern for his mental health after patient later
                         stated that Kim Namjoon, his cousin's friend, could produce fire
                         out of thin air. Patient was 11 yrs. old.

                         Likes: Sleeping, quiet places.
                         Dislikes: Crowded areas.

                         Habits: Nail biting, spacing out.

                         Synopsis on Current State: With proper medication over the years,
                         patient has shown great signs of progress. He no longer mentions
                         Seokjin's and Namjoon's alleged "abilities." Reacts positively when
                         his cousin is mentioned and no longer shows signs of prior hysteria.

                         Comments: Patient has been cleared and is not considered a threat to
                         himself nor to others. Is currently in the process of being discharged.


===========================================================


Jimin promised himself that he was not going to let this day slip away without setting up a study date with Jin... erm, session, a study session. It's lunch time and Jimin was walking down the hall with a determined mindset. He rounded a corner and spotted his target sitting on the stairs and looking down at his phone, making his heart skip a beat from surprise. Since Friday, Taehyung's words have been stuck on Jimin's mind. Was Jin starting to show an interest in him?


Jimin came to a stop a good distance away from Jin, who was still absorbed in his phone, and tilted his head to the side in curiosity. He watched the older and wondered what it was about himself that could possibly be of interest. There wasn't much to know about Jimin and the latter doesn't consider himself the greatest thing on earth either. So if Taehyung's words were true, then what did Jin see in Jimin? He wished he could dive into the older's mind and find out what was so appealing.
 

His breath then caught in his throat when Jin suddenly looked up and they directly locked gazes, his dark fringe somewhat covering those mysterious eyes. Jimin wonders how Jin always seems to be able to spot him when they're nowhere near each other. Jimin cleared his throat while standing up straight before smiling and walked up to the older, who didn't move an inch as he watched the younger approach.


"I've been looking for you." said Jimin brightly.
 

Jin half smiled as he patted the spot beside him, Jimin didn't hesitate to sit and turned his torso to face the older; who was still watching him.
 

"Um, I was wondering if you were free today... Y-You know, so you could help me get started with calculus." said Jimin, feeling more nervous than he thought.
 

"I'm free." said Jin, then slightly pouted, "And here I was thinking you actually wanted to hang out with me, without it being school related."
 

"I do!" exclaimed Jimin with wide and panicked eyes, then impulsively put his hand on Jin's arm, "We can hang out whenever, just let me know where and what time."
 

Jin chuckled in amusement as he looked at the rather small hand on his arm, he looked back up at Jimin and nodded with a smile that reached his eyes.
 

"How about we start with calculus today at my place and tomorrow after school, we can go somewhere?" he suggested.
 

"Sounds like a plan." said Jimin cheerfully.
 

"I'll meet you by your locker after school so we can leave together, since my place is a little tricky to get to." said Jin.
 

"Okay." said Jimin with a nod, curious to know what kind of place the older lived in, "Aren't you going to get lunch?"
 

"No." replied Jin.
 

"Why not?" asked Jimin with a light frown.
 

"I'm not hungry right now." said Jin with a small smile.
 

"You should still eat something." said Jimin with a disapproving look, "Like an apple or an orange, just something with enough vitamins to keep you going for the rest of the day."
 

"You sound just like Namjoon." said Jin with a chuckle, "Back in my old school, he would give me strawberries, baby carrots, pear slices, any fruit or vegetable he knew would give me energy. I would tell him to stop bringing me these things, but he would just ignore me and hand me a carton of milk."
 

Jimin smiled and was reminded of Taehyung, the latter would do the same thing whenever he thought Jimin wasn't eating enough. He would tell his friend to stop, but Taehyung just pretended not to hear and give him more.
 

"I swear, he acts like the older one sometimes." said Jin, trying to sound annoyed even though he was smiling, "I should be nagging him, not the other way around."
 

Jimin laughed at that and was again reminded of his friend. Even though Jimin beat Taehyung by a few months, the latter sometimes acted like the older one. Not just in looking after Jimin, but also in the way he spoke and carried himself. If Jimin thought himself mature for his age, then Taehyung was ten times that.
 

"I think that was very thoughtful of Namjoon." said Jimin, "Once in a while, it's nice when someone takes care of us when we've been the ones to care and sometimes... Sometimes we just need someone to lean on, you know?"
 

Jin hummed in agreement and when Jimin looked over, he saw the older looking at him with this unreadable expression.
 

"You really are mature for your age." said Jin quietly, he then smiled warmly and reached out to gently place his hand on the back of Jimin's head.
 

"I like that."
 

Jimin's heart fluttered and he suddenly became aware of their knees touching and the way Jin's fingers softly his hair. What is this feeling in his chest? Why was his face feeling warm? Why was he finding it so hard to look away from those eyes? Jimin gulped and forced his gaze away, feeling confused and some other emotion he can't decipher.
 

"By the way." started Jin as he lowered his hand, "I talked to Jungkook about the other day and he wants to apologize."
 

"He does?" asked Jimin in surprise as he looked at Jin again, making the latter chuckle as he nodded.
 

"Jungkook's not a bad kid, he's actually very sweet once you get to know him." said Jin, an affectionate smile on his face, "A bit of a brat sometimes, but only because Namjoon spoils him."
 

Jimin had to laugh at that and agreed to meet with Jungkook, the latter honestly looked like a nice guy and Jimin tries to not let the first impression of a person define them.
 

"I'll let him know to drop by my place today after school and you two can talk before we get started on calculus." said Jin as he already started a text.
 

"Okay." said Jimin with a nod and just watched the older.
 

When he was done, Jin put his phone away and looked at Jimin again with a smile.
 

"What kind of snacks do you like?" he asked, making the younger give a startled blink at the sudden question.
 

"Um, gummy bears." replied Jimin after a moment of thought.
 

"Anything else?" asked Jin, his expression attentive.
 

"No..." said Jimin slowly, then his eyes lit up, "Oh, and cookies. I like cookies, too."
 

"What kind?" questioned Jin.
 

"Chocolate chip." replied Jimin with a grin.
 

"You're so cute." said Jin with a laugh, then nodded, "Okay, we'll stop by the store on our way."
 

"What? No! Y-You don't -!"
 

"I'll get something for Jungkook, too, since he's also coming over." interrupted Jin, "What about food? What do you like to eat?"
 

"It's okay." insisted Jimin, "There's really no need for you to -"
 

"I can make bulgogi." interrupted Jin again.
 

"Seokjin..." said Jimin a little weakly.
 

"You're right, that takes me a good while to make." said Jin as he looked off into the distance with a thoughtful frown, his eyes then lit up as he snapped his fingers and looked at Jimin again, "I'll just make some kimbap, that doesn't take me long at all to make."
 

Jimin was going to protest again, but couldn't bring himself to do it when he saw the look on Jin's face. It was like saying no to an excited puppy... and no one says no to a puppy.
 

"Kimbap sounds good." said Jimin in defeat, but smiled when he saw the way the older's eyes gleamed happily.
 

"We can order pizza, too." said Jin.
 

"Seokjin~" whined the younger as he gave Jin a playful push, making the latter laugh brightly.
 

Jimin was starting to really like that laugh.

Please log in to read the full chapter