19th piece

Puzzle
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

It was finally the weekend and Jimin was trying to convince Taehyung to come along on his outing with Jin and his friends. They were at Jimin's house and he had called Taehyung over, but the latter flat out refused to join.
 

"Why don't you want to go?" asked Jimin with a pout, he was standing in front of his friend who was sitting on the couch.
 

"You know why." mumbled Taehyung, his eyes on a loose thread as he fiddled with it.
 

Jimin rolled his eyes at the answer and stepped up to flick Taehyung on the forehead, making the latter look up with a frown.
 

"Stop being childish and just come with me." said Jimin.
 

"I'm not being childish." said Taehyung while still frowning as he abruptly got up, making Jimin take a surprised step back, "Why can't you just accept that I'm not going to be getting along with them?"
 

"Because it doesn't make sense to me." said Jimin with a frown of his own, "At first, you were okay with Seokjin and didn't have a problem with him. But then you suddenly start acting weird around him and now you can't even stand him being mentioned? And his friends? You've only met them once and you automatically decide you didn't like them? Why?"
 

"Them and I are very different people." said Taehyung quietly, "And I've told you before, Jimin, you can't expect everyone to get along with one another."
 

"I'm not expecting you to get along with Seokjin and his friends." said Jimin patiently, "I just want you to give them a chance, a real chance, and if you still feel the same way afterward, then I'll stop bothering you about it."
 

"Promise?" said Taehyung with raised eyebrows.
 

"Promise." said Jimin right away.
 

Taehyung then just stared at him for a moment before exhaling through his nose and rolled his eyes before nodding. Jimin's face lit up as he lunged forward and tackled him to the couch in a hug.
 

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" he happily exclaimed while nuzzling his cheek against Taehyung's chest.
 

The latter rolled his eyes again, but then smiled lightly as he reached up to tousle Jimin's hair. There was a knock on the front door just then and Jimin was quick to get up and answer it while Taehyung stayed sprawled on the couch. He heard Jimin's cheerful greeting and let out a sigh when he heard Jin greeting back; this was going to be a long day.
 

"Come on, Taehyung! They're here!" called Jimin from the front door.
 

Taehyung let out a somewhat annoyed sound as he forced himself off the couch and walked over with heavy steps. He didn't even acknowledge Jin as he put on his shoes nor when he walked past him to leave the house.
 

"Taehyung! Get back here and greet properly!" exclaimed Jimin with a stomp of his foot.
 

"It's okay, Jimin." said Jin with a small smile while placing a hand on the younger's shoulder.
 

Jimin was going to protest, but decided to just let it be and nodded. He made sure the front door was locked before turning around and saw Taehyung just standing there with his arms crossed, his eyes downcast and glaring at the ground.
 

"Where are Jungkook and Namjoon?" asked Jimin curiously, not noticing how Taehyung tensed at the mention of the older's name.
 

"Over there." replied Jin while pointing.
 

Jimin looked to where he was pointing and saw a sleek black car with tinted windows parked a little down the block.
 

"I thought a car would be more convenient than taking the bus." said Jin with a smile as he led the way towards it.
 

Jimin silently agreed and it felt like a huge weight was lifted from his shoulders because now he doesn't have to spend all that money on buses. When they reached the car, Jin went ahead and opened the back door for them. Jimin found himself smiling a little shyly as he said a quiet thanks and climbed in while Taehyung held back his eye roll as he climbed in afterward.
 

"Hi, Jimin." greeted Jungkook with a cheerful smile, which faltered a bit when his eyes landed on Taehyung and said a bit more awkwardly, "Um... hi, Taehyung."
 

"Hi, Jungkook." greeted Jimin back with a cheerful smile of his own, then discreetly elbowed Taehyung's side.
 

"Hey." was all the latter said, tone flat and his face towards the window.
 

"Good to see you again, Jimin." said Namjoon from the driver's seat with a grin on his face.
 

"Same here, Namjoon." said Jimin with a laugh as Jin climbed into the passenger's seat.
 

"Hey, Taehyung." greeted Namjoon, his grin had turned into this soft smile and his voice held this distinct tone that had Jimin looking over at his friend with somewhat big eyes.
 

He saw the way Taehyung shifted a bit in his seat a bit as he uttered a quiet 'Hey,' this one sounding much more different than the one he had greeted Jungkook with. It was hesitant and careful, as if Taehyung was trying not to stutter. Since he was facing the window, Jimin didn't see the light blush that was coating Taehyung's cheeks. He heard Namjoon chuckle and looked at the older, who had turned around and was starting up the car while telling Jin to buckle up. While the eldest two were talking amongst themselves in the front, Jungkook was pointing out the scenery to Jimin since the latter's never been to this side of the city before.
 

"And over there's my favorite spot to get ice cream." Jungkook was saying with a cheerful expression as he pointed to a small ice cream shop.
 

"Should we stop there so Jimin and Taehyung can try it?" asked Namjoon, who had heard.
 

"Ooh~ Can we?" said Jungkook, his eyes lighting up as he leaned forward.
 

"We sure can." agreed Jin with a smile.
 

Jimin saw how happy that made Jungkook as the latter smiled broadly while bouncing a bit in his seat, making him smile. He then looked over at Taehyung and saw his friend was still staring out the window, his face blank and his eyes thoughtful. Namjoon parked the car and everyone stepped out, then Jungkook led the way to the shop with a spring in his step. Once inside, Jimin bit his lip as he looked at the different displays of ice cream and wondered how expensive it all was. A hand wrapped around his own just then, making Jimin look up and see Taehyung also looking at the different flavors.
 

"Do you want cookies and cream or do you want to try this strawberry cheesecake flavor?" he asked while pointing them out.
 

Jimin looked back at the display and since he's never had the cheesecake one, he decided on that one. Taehyung nodded and ordered it on a waffle cone along with a sherbert ice cream for himself. While they waited, Jimin's gaze wandered and he noticed Namjoon was looking at them with an unreadable expression. But when he caught Jimin's eye, he just smiled and casually looked away while placing a hand on Jungkook's back. Jimin furrowed his brows curiously while wondering what that was about, then looked down when he felt Taehyung lightly squeeze his hand.
 

"Don't worry about the cost, it's my treat." said the latter.
 

Jimin was about to say it was okay since he saw the prices were fair, but Taehyung caught him off guard by suddenly pressing one of those noisy kisses on his cheek. Jimin let out a whine and playfully hit Taehyung's arm, making the latter laugh as he pulled away.
 

"It's been a while since I've done that." he said with a bright grin.
 

"And it's still gross." said Jimin with a pout

Please log in to read the full chapter