Ninth

double trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You can listen to this if you’d like. Also, the asterisk (*) means that they are speaking in English.

Comments will be appreciated and sorry for the mistakes, thank you. ♡

 

All the time that Jimin, Hoseok, and Yoongi are firing questions to a certain someone, Jeongguk is left all by himself with his thoughts. It’s like he can clearly hear the words coming out from their mouths but he can’t quite comprehend what they are trying to say. His mind is full of countless thoughts and it’s making him frustrated.

Jeongguk’s mind is full of questions, all directed to himself. He’s asking himself how is he supposed to feel right now—what is he feeling right now. Is he happy? Sad? Angry? Confused? Frustrated? No matter what it is, it’s like he’s feeling different kinds of emotions at the same time.

However, his thoughts are abruptly stopped when he said that he himself is the one who carried the twins. That easily got Jeongguk’s attention without even trying. As soon as he heard that, his mind started bombarding questions once again. He doesn’t know what was that supposed to mean and he doesn’t know if he’s supposed to believe it or not. You can’t really blame him if he doesn’t even want to believe it. In his point of view, it’s just really really unbelievable. But then, he heard Namjoon’s narration. He heard Namjoon saying such details that definitely strike his heart.

Suddenly, Jeongguk knew that he wasn’t the only one who noticed it. How he is acting weirder than how he is usually and he even started eating abnormal combinations of food. Well, who in the right mind would think that ramen and nutella are a great combination? Do you think that eating bananas with hot sauce is a normal thing too? And to think that he dislikes spicy things…

But him being pregnant didn’t even cross Jeongguk’s mind. Not even once. Who would consider it normal? Thinking that men can get pregnant? The thought alone is absurd and disturbing. It is also something that is really impossible to happen, until now.

Jeongguk doesn’t really know how he got pregnant but it totally shocked him to the fullest. He wants to ask him things about it but he only find himself staring at him while he’s talking to the members. It seemed like right now, he’s on the bright side with the ones he’s arguing with earlier.

Instantaneously, everything in Jeongguk’s mind disappeared except for one person that he’s staring at. Thoughts are straightaway telling him to hug him, hold him close to his body.

And so he did.

He knows that his actions surely surprised the person that he engulfed in a tight big hug if he is going to judge by how he certainly let out a quiet but audible gasp. Jeongguk suddenly can’t stop his emotions anymore and just lets his tears fall down. His mind is all scrambles and that, trying to find the words that he’s been dying to say since five years ago.

“Baby,” Jeongguk whispers brokenly into his ears. “I can’t believe you’re here, for real. I missed you, I love you . Please don’t leave me ever again.”

Still sobbing, he drops a small kiss at the place where his neck meets his shoulders and it didn’t go unnoticed that he shivered. Jeongguk finds himself smiling a little but it immediately drops as soon as he hears him say, “Yes, Gukkie. I promise I won’t leave you again.”

The words only made Jeongguk hug him tighter and pull him closer, if it’s still possible judging by how close they already are. He hears footsteps walking away from them probably giving them space so that they could talk. Jeongguk should thank his hyungs later for being so understanding and considerate. But right now, what he needs to mind is the man in his arms and the two angels that are probably confused about what’s happening.

Jeongguk held him close for approximately five more minutes until he finally decides to let go slowly. As soon as he did that, he quickly finds his eyes and stares into them deeply. He can see his own reflection in his glassy eyes and it’s almost making Jeongguk break down. But he has to be strong so that they can understand and explain things to each other really well.

Cradling his face between his hands, Jeongguk sees that his lip trembles. He drops his finger softly in front of his lips, “Please don’t cry any more, my love. Seeing you cry only breaks my heart.”

“B-But I can’t help it,” he answers. “I have a l-lot of things to tell you but I d-don’t know how to start.”

“Take your time, baby,” Jeongguk flashes a small smile towards him. “We have a lot of time and I will patiently wait for you. Like what I have done for the past years that you were gone.”

Not really knowing what to say, he starts to inhale and exhale a few times. Once he’s finally sure that he can speak without his lips shaking, stuttering nor tears gathering at the corner of his eyes, he lets out everything that he wants to say to him.

“Gukkie,” he calls out in a really soft voice. “I’m sorry. I’m sorry for everything. For the things that happened after I ran away, for all the harsh criticisms and hates that you got after declaring not just to Korea, but to the whole world your love for me, and for all the struggles and pain that I’ve put you through the past few years. I’m such an for running away but I had a reason to do it. And it’s because of these two precious angels beside us.” he motions to the twins who are only watching them with curious eyes. “I know that if I would stay with you while living off our dreams, bad things might happen to them and I don’t really want that to happen. Even though when I ran away from home and these two were just still inside of me, I already cared and loved them with all of my heart. It might be too early for your judgment, but I guess, it really happens when you’re literally the one who is carrying them. Those times, I feel like the twins and I are one and if they’re going to be in harm, I am going to be in one too. So I had to do what’s on my mind. I had to run away not just from you, but from everyone too.

“You know, another reason why I ran away is that I’m a coward. I’m scared of what might happen. I am scared about the fact that people might find out about them and then start doing such horrible things to them even when they’re still with me or when they’re already born. I’m scared about their future in Korea, Gukkie. But what scared me the most is that you, their biological father, wouldn’t accept them because they came from me, a guy. I’m afraid that you might think I’m crazy or I’m a freak for telling you that I can get preg-”

“What are you even saying, Tae?” exclaims Jeongguk. “Didn’t I always remind you that I love you no matter what happens? Didn’t we already established everything when we bought those rings together? Didn’t you forget about that?”

It suddenly flashed on his mind, the most special and most unforgettable night of his life. It was the night when he and Jeongguk gave each other rings—not engagement rings but promise rings—and vowed to each other that they’re going to love each other no matter what circumstance or problem that they may face. It’s almost a marriage since only some things are missing just like a priest and their family and friends.

“No, I didn’t!” he quickly denies. “How could I forget about that, Jeongguk? The night that we promised each other things that we want to do together in the future is the best night of my life. I could never do that.”

“Then why didn’t you tell me, hyung? Is it because you don’t trust me enough?”

“Gukkie, what are you even talking about?” he sighs. “I didn’t tell you about it because the cowardness got the best out of me. Everything that’s inside my mind that time, my cowardness made them all disappear. Although there’s still a part of me that time where I want to tell you, but it won over me.”

“But y-you’re sure that the twins are my children too, right?”

He laughs, “Of course, they are. Eun-ah already looks like you, isn’t that enough evidence for you to believe that they’re really yours?”

“You h-had a lot of male friends back then and w-who knows what might’ve happened between you! Can you really blame me if I wanted to make sure about it?”

“Are you seriously accusing me of cheating now, Jeon Jeongguk?”

“No! Of course not!” he splutters. “I just wanted to make sure, okay?”

“Alright now, Mr. Jeon, don’t sound too defensive.”

Jeongguk is about to say something but a voice interrupts him.

*“Daddy, we’re really confused.” whines Taeyeon. “Can you please tell us what is happening and why did the other misters left us alone here with their friend?”

They are suddenly reminded of the twins who are pouting at them. They almost laugh at the sight, seeing how adorable and cute the two are but decided to stop themselves. Jeongguk sends him a look then motions to the twins, making him let out a deep breath.

All of a sudden, his palms are starting to sweat and his heart is pounding fast. He’s suddenly aware of Taeyeon and Jung-eun’s gaze at him, only adding up to the nervousness that he’s feeling. He doesn’t really know why his whole body is panicking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter