Eighth

double trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taewon is mad at himself.

When did he become so stupid? He shouldn’t have answered their questions, he knows that himself, but he can’t seem to stop himself from answering their questions. He badly wants to hurt himself for being so dumb, but he can’t do that right now. Not when everyone’s eyes are literally on him, waiting for his next move or for a word to come out of his mouth.

Eyes looking up a little, he quickly meets Yoongi’s sharp-looking eyes that if looks could kill, he’s probably dead right now. A realization hits Taewon all of a sudden, and his question earlier is finally answered.

He shouldn’t have really looked into Yoongi’s eyes earlier when he’s throwing those questions at him. Ever since he knew Yoongi, he knows that he is really scary. Yoongi has always been that type of person that can throw you off with just one look. And when Taewon looked into Yoongi’s eyes earlier, he can’t help himself but to comply. He knows that if he will blurt out one more lie, something might happen to him, or even worse, the twins may be affected too. And Taewon doesn’t want that. He couldn’t bare seeing his children being hurt, whether it’s physically nor emotionally.

It may look pointless or stupid to be scared of Yoongi, but he guesses that what happened before will always haunt him. Yoongi had been mad at him before, and it almost made Taewon lose the twins.

 

It was one of those days where they have a rest day. After having continuous schedules for months, they finally have a chance to rest. As in to rest—a stay in their dorm (not in the practice rooms) where they can do whatever they wanted to do.

As usual, Taehyung is in his nature, being energetic and wants some attention from the other members. All of them had been on their own respective rooms since the day started, and Taehyung thinks that the members must have been really tired from all the schedules that they had.

But it surprised Taehyung when he saw Yoongi, his grumpy, always sleepy and wants to marry his bed (apart from Jimin, maybe) hyung, is sitting on the couch, watching some foreign sitcom. Taehyung grinned happily, thinking that it would be the best time to play with his hyung. He quickly takes a seat beside him, then pouts when he heard Yoongi groan.

“Why are you groaning?” he whines. “I haven’t even done anything yet!”

“But I know you’re going to annoy me.” deadpans Yoongi. He turns to look at him. “Not today, Taehyung. You can bother me next time.”

“But you always tell me that! You’re always saying that and that ‘next time’ never happens.”

Yoongi sighs, “I promise that it will happen the next time. I really promise.”

“You have broken a lot of promises to me, hyung,” wails Taehyung. “So no, I’m not going to accept your answer. You have to play with me today.”

“Taehyung, please.” Yoongi tries to protest but the younger of the two seems to have closed his ears, not hearing any more complaints from his grumpy hyung.

But Yoongi’s not really in the mood to deal with Taehyung’s antics today, and so, he did the unexpected. He pushed Taehyung away from him, causing the younger to almost fly across the room. Yoongi’s eyes widened as soon as he realized what he had just done, and all that Taehyung remembers before he passed out is the members circling around him, worried expressions masking their faces.

 

After that, Taewon remembers that the doctor spoke privately with him, and that’s where the doctor told him that he should be more careful. Because if Yoongi had pushed him really hard that time, there’s a big possibility that he would lose them.

Taewon knows that Yoongi isn’t even half angry that time, and he’s just really annoyed with him. But the moment that his eyes met Yoongi’s eyes, he can’t help but to simply answer the questions that was thrown to him.

He can’t really blame Namjoon and Seokjin for not helping him out earlier. Knowing them so well, Taewon knows that they just wanted to end everyone’s suffering. They must have seen how much all of them has been hurting so much, and maybe, they just want it to stop.

The night that he told Namjoon and Seokjin the truth suddenly flashed in his mind. And that’s where he confirmed his thoughts. The couple tried their hardest to convince Taewon to tell Jeongguk or just any of the members about the truth, but he refused because he’s really scared about the things that might happen. Deep inside, he’s aware that it’s somewhat inevitable, still, he tried his hardest to avoid telling them the truth. He’s already living a peaceful life with the twins, and they are happy even if it’s just the three of them. Telling the other members or Jeongguk about the truth might affect the way of their living, seeing that fans might find out about him and the twins. Taewon doesn’t really want to expose the twins into the spotlight, and he’s afraid that it would happen if he would tell them the truth.

Taewon’s suddenly pulled back into reality when he hears Seokjin yell, “Jimin, no! You can’t do that to Taewon again!”

“Hyung, he deserves it! He ing deserves it!” growls Jimin, clearly fuming about the situation they’re in right now.

Seokjin is about to say something but he’s interrupted by Namjoon’s voice.

“Everyone, I know that you are feeling things right now and you want to let it all out,” he pointedly looks at all of them. “But it would be preferable if we wouldn’t do it here in the middle of a restaurant where everyone’s literally watching us. If it will make you feel better, let’s go back to the hotel where we’re staying out and that’s where we should talk it all out, okay?”

No one even bothered to protest as they suddenly felt that everyone’s eyes is on them. The members walked out of the restaurant one by one, until Taewon is left, sitting with Seokjin, Namjoon, and the twins who are looking at him worriedly.

“Are you sure you’re alright, Taehyung-ah?” asks Seokjin, hands inspecting Taewon’s cheek that Jimin just landed his hand on.

Taewon nods a little, “Don’t worry, hyung. It stings, but I can handle it.”

Seokjin shakes his head firmly, “No, once we got to the hotel, we’re going to do something about that.”

“Jin-hyung’s right, Taehyung. We should do something about that.” Namjoon tries to give him a reassuring smile. “But for now, you should talk with the members, okay? Don’t worry. This time, we’re going to be on your back, unlike what we did earlier which is really unacceptable.”

He shakes his head, “No, hyung. I get it why you didn’t helped me out earlier.” he sighs as he turns to look at the twins. “I guess, it’s time for everyone to know my secret.”

“Including the twins?”

Taewon exhales a deep breath as he closes his eyes then answers, “Yes. Including the twins.”

The ride to the hotel is the longest ride that everyone had even been to. The tension inside the van can be cut by a knife and it’s suffocating. Thankfully though, before they even knew it, they finally arrived at the hotel. And so, everyone quickly piled out of the van, desperate to make the tension disappear.

Namjoon decides that he’s had enough of the tension, and so, he divides the group into two. Jimin, Yoongi, Hoseok, and Jeongguk on the first elevator, then Namjoon, Seokjin, Taewon, Jung-eun, and Taeyeon on the second. But before the first group can leave, Namjoon reminds them that they should gather on his and Seokjin’s room since it’s the biggest room out of everyone’s room. The members just nodded at their leader before hopping inside the elevator.

A few moments later, it’s their turn, and so, they didn’t waste any time and simply entered the elevator.

Taewon finds himself staring at his reflection at the walls, realizing that his cheeks really look horrible. Jimin’s hand must had some kind of impact on his cheek. He carefully touches it and immediately winces as soon as his hand landed on his own cheek. Damn, it really hurts.

He notices Seokjin looking at him with that concerned expression. Taewon guesses that Seokjin must have been watching him all the time that he’s testing the waters whether his cheek really hurts or not. Looking away from Seokjin’s worrying eyes, Taewon tightens his hold on the hands of Jung-eun and Taeyeon. The twins quickly snuggled to him, their noses keeps on sniffing his sides. He simply pulls them tighter by his side, suddenly feeling the need to be close to his children.

However, their intimate moment is interrupted when the elevator dinged, a sign that they finally arrived at their destination. Seokjin, Namjoon, Taewon, and the twins swiftly stepped out of the elevator then made their way to Namjoon and Seokjin’s shared room.

As soon as Namjoon opened the door, the rest of the members’ head whipped to their direction. Taewon stiffens as h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter