Thirteenth

double trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three months passed.

 

Three months passed and Taehyung does not have any idea about Jeongguk. He is seriously starting to get really mad at him, at the same time, he’s disappointed with the way Jeongguk is acting. He doesn’t really have any idea where is he right now. He tried to look on the internet for any news about him but he seems to be unlucky with that. It’s like Jeongguk disappeared all of a sudden and for what reason, he doesn’t know but he badly wants to. He already questioned Jimin about Jeongguk’s whereabouts but his friend wouldn’t say a word about his location. Same goes with Seokjin, Namjoon, Hoseok, and Yoongi. They are all silent about where the hell Jeongguk is right now. To be honest, Taehyung feels a little bit betrayed with their actions. Do the hyungs not really trust him? If they do, they would have told him about the information that they know about Jeongguk. But in this case, it seems like they are on Jeongguk’s side and it’s seriously making Taehyung feel down.

 

When he voiced his thoughts out to his best friends, they just smiled at him sympathetically.

 

“You need to have a lot of patience with him, Tae,” Alexis states as he munches on the chips that he got at one of the cabinets in Taehyung’s kitchen. “I guess, he’s just confused about a lot of things. In his part, it must have hurt him so much. You told us that he doesn’t remember that you slept with each other, right?” Taehyung nods. “He must be thinking that you already found someone else. If I was on his shoes, I will be thinking the same too. But I guess, he will come around soon enough. He just needs to think about stuff and maybe, understand the situation better. I bet you he will come around before you even know it.”

 

“It has been three months and almost two weeks! I don’t even know his location right now and it’s making me worried! Can’t he at least tell me something about his location? I can’t help but to be concerned about him, you know?” he bites his lips as it starts to wobble and before he even notices it, tears are already falling from his eyes. “I just want to know if the father of my children are safe. Jung-eun and Taeyeon are worrying about him too! They keep on asking me why is their Papa not visiting them. What he’s doing is starting to make them think that he doesn’t love them and it’s seriously breaking me. I don’t want that to happen. I don’t want them to have a complicated relationship with each other. How can we be a happy family if there’s conflict between us?” Taehyung looks up at Alexis and Axel with glassy eyes, tears are still escaping his eyes. He wipes his tears away, “Can he just come back already? I’m honestly starting to doubt that he will ever come back.”

 

Axel sighs as he looks at Taehyung with pitiful eyes, “Look, Tae, I know you are acting like that because of the hormones caused by your condition right now but that doesn’t mean you need to say or believe that. You are the most optimistic person I have ever known. And Jeongguk, well, I don’t know him that much but seriously, you need to have faith in him. Do you really believe that he’s a bad person? That he will just leave you all of a sudden because of an unborn child? Just keep your faith in him, Tae. Just like what Lex said earlier, he will come around. Let’s just have some patience, yeah?”

 

Having friends like Axel and Alexis is a really big help on Taehyung’s side. They are probably one of the most understanding people that he had ever known in his life. When he is having a dilemma or problems that can change his life, they’re just there and is ready to tell Taehyung the advice that he needs. They may not be the best friends in the world, but in his opinion, they are the best and he wouldn’t exchange them for anything.

 

Taehyung looks up at his friends who are still wearing the concerned look on their faces. Smiling at them a little, it eased the tension on their shoulders. Alexis and Axel beams back at him and pats his back like they’re saying that he shouldn’t worry too much.

 

“Wait a minute, today is Thursday, right?” Alexis asks that Taehyung answers with a nod. “You also have your regular check-up and you usually go along with the twins, right? Can we come with you, TaeTae?”

 

“Yeah sure. I mean, the check-up won’t be too long anyway since Dr. Green is the one who does that to me. Besides, he knows that I’m already aware of what are the things that I’m allowed to do and not to do.” Taehyung checks his watch. “It’s already past one in the afternoon, I should probably prepare now since my appointment will be at three.”

 

Alexis and Axel nods as Taehyung goes to the bathroom to prepare himself. They decide to go downstairs to see the twins who are playing with their toys and to inform them that they’ll be going soon.

 

 

The trip to the hospital wasn’t that long. Although it was kind of awkward to see other pregnant women weirdly looking at Taehyung’s group. They must be confused as to what are they doing in the gynecology section of the hospital when they don’t have a pregnant woman with them. However, Taehyung seems to be unbothered with their stares. He’s already used to those kind of stares since he really has to go to Dr. Green’s clinic all by himself when he still has Jung-eun and Taeyeon inside him. There’s still a pang in his chest though whenever he catches one of the judgmental eyes. He might be used to it already but that doesn’t mean he can’t be hurt.

 

Arriving shortly in front of Dr. Green’s office, Taehyung opens the door with Alexis, Axel, Jung-eun, and Taeyeon in tow. Dr. Green immediately lifts his head up from the papers that he has been reading before they arrived and there’s suddenly a surprised expression masking his face. He greets them lively and they greet him back politely then Dr. Green motions for them to take a seat.

 

“I see that you’ve brought your friends here with you, Taehyung,” Dr. Green remarks. His eyes divert towards Taehyung’s friends who are looking at him with wide eyes. “Why are you looking at me like that? Did I do or say something wrong?” Alexis and Axel nods at him while he chuckles a little. “Ah, is it because I called him ‘Taehyung’? Don’t worry about that, Taehyung himself already told me his life story before we started the check-up sessions.” Alexis and Axel visibly calms down at that, making Dr. Green snigger again before turning to the twins. “Jung-eun and Taeyeon, let me ask you first because I have totally forgot to ask you this question for the past few weeks,” he flashes them a fond smile. “How do you feel that you’re going to be a big brother and big sister? Are you excited to see your baby sister or brother?”

 

Taeyeon nods happily, “Yes! Daddy already told us that we’re going to have a baby or babies with us! I can’t wait to play with them as soon as they come out!”

 

Dr. Green laughs, “Oh, silly Taeyeon, you can’t play with the baby if the baby is still small. You can play with the baby when it’s already bigger and promise us that you’re going to be a great big sister, okay?” he ruffles her hair that made her giggle uncontrollably. He turns to Jung-eun, “How about you, Jung-eun? How do you feel that you’re going to be a big brother soon?”

 

Jung-eun shrugs, “I don’t really know.” he pouts at them. “Since Daddy has always told me that I should be a great and nice big brother to Taeyeon even though we’re on the same age. I really don’t understand that.”

 

“I think your Daddy implies that you should take care of your twin sister since she can be a bit careless sometimes, am I right?” Dr. Green guesses and Jung-eun nods. “See? And I think that you’re a bit mature even though you’re still young. I bet you got this trait from your other father. His name is Jeongguk if I remembered it correctly.” As soon as Dr. Green mentions Jeongguk, Jung-eun’s face lights up. Everyone in the room quickly notices it. “Ah, you really love him and feel some connection with him, don’t you? I guess it’s because you really look like him although in some aspects, you totally got it from Taehyung.” Just like what he did with Taeyeon’s hair, he also tousles Jung-eun’s hair that made the latter pout even more. Dr. Green only laughs at him then finally looks at Taehyung who is silently watching his exchange with the twins. “I think it’s time for us to finally proceed with your check-up. Let’s see if you’re going to have twins again or not.”

 

Dr. Green stands up from his seat and directs for everyone to follow him. They walked to the examination room quietly, Taehyung feeling a little bit nervous. His hand unconsciously moves to his tummy and rubs them gently, silently talking to the baby or babies. There’s no reason for him to be actually this jittery but he guesses it’s because he’s happy. No matter what it is though, he is glad with whatever the result may be.

 

Taehyung lies down on the bed near the ultrasound machine while his friends and the twins choose to stand near him, Jung-eun and Taeyeon holding his hand that they can easily reach. Dr. Green applies some cold substance on him, shivers quickly running down on his body. The doctor mutters a quiet apology before finally using the transducer probe. A smile rapidly makes its way to Taehyung’s mouth, heart swelling because of the images displayed on the screen. Happy tears started to fall from Taehyung’s eyes but he didn’t even bother to wipe them away as he is too busy looking at the images.

 

“Shall we take a look how many babies are you going to have?” asks Dr. Green all of a sudden and the only thing that Taehyung can do is nod. Dr. Green presses something on the device that he is holding and the images on the screen changes a bit. A wide beam breaks out on Dr. Green’s face then shakes Taehyung’s free hand. “Congratulations, Taehyung! You’re going to have twins again!”

 

Axel, Alexis, Jung-eun, and Taeyeon screams in joy as soon as they heard Dr. Green say those words, while Taehyung, on the other hand, is crying out of pure glee. He can’t do anything but to hug Jung-eun and Taeyeon who hugs him back as tight as he did, the three of them laughing. The twins leave a peck on Taehyung’s cheeks while Taehyung is trying to wipe his tears away. He holds onto Jung-eun and Taeyeon’s faces then says, “You’re going to be a big sister and a big brother to your younger siblings! You’re going to help me to take care of them, right?”

 

Jung-eun bobs his head in agreement, “Yes, Daddy! We’re going to take care of them too like how you took care of us. If we’re going to do that, they’re going to be amazing too!” Taehyung titters then leaves a kiss at the bop of Jung-eun’s nose, “Of course they are. I can already see that they are going to be like you and Taeyeon. And I know that they are going to love you as much as you will.” The twins only squeals at that then hugs their father again, both of them burying their faces on Taehyung’s neck while wearing ridiculous smiles on their faces, identical with their father who has that infamous box grin on his face.

 

 

People bump past him as he walks through the JFK airport in New York City. Albeit the fact that when he left this place, it wasn’t on a good note, but he still manages to smile though he’s kind of nervous with what he’s going to do. Jeongguk heaves out a deep breath as he stops in front of the airport while waiting for the car that the management prepared for him to use while he’s here. It wasn’t too long when the car arrives, Jeongguk always being the polite person that he is, not forgetting to thank the driver. The driver only smiles at him before going off somewhere and Jeongguk starts to drive to his destination.

 

Jeongguk can’t help but to let out continuous deep breaths, sign that he’s really nervous. Sure, it isn’t the first time that he’s going to talk to him then again, talking to him wasn’t really the reason why he’s so tense. What he’s afraid of is that if Taehyung will ever forgive him. Leaving him without letting him know the reason is such an move and Jeongguk knows that to the core. Of course he does when he has Jimin with him who literally made him realize that leaving New York was a bad idea, but in the first place, they were actually the ones who persuaded Jeongguk to leave.

 

When he got hospitalized for a few days after that agonizing night, the hyungs literally forced him to go back to Korea and get himself treated. He has no choice but to obey them because if he wouldn’t, they are all ready to castrate him. Jeongguk knows that they did that because they want him to get better. His healing process took two and a half months, which is faster than usual. But he personally thinks that the faster, the better. In those two months that he is being healed, he had gathered his thoughts and he just can’t wait to talk to Taehyung. He badly wants to tell him a lot of things and he hopes that he will forgive him. Though it will be understandable if Taehyung wouldn’t forgive him, Jeongguk keeps on praying for the best outcome. He wishes that Taehyung will listen to him for whatever reason that he has.

 

Loud ringing suddenly pierces Jeongguk’s ears, causing him to wince as he scrambles to find his phone to stop the ringing. He didn’t notice that his phone automatically connected to the speakers of the car. He momentarily thinks about how did it happen but he realizes that it’s actually the same car that they used a few months ago.

 

Finally, after a few seconds the phone stops ringing just right before Jeongguk found them. He disconnects his phone from the speakers of the car before it starts chiming once again. Not too long after that, his ringtone starts playing again and he didn’t even think twice before answering the phone.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Jeongguk?” asks Namjoon through the phone. Jeongguk perks up, “Oh, hyung? Why did you call? Do you need something?”

 

“No, no, nothing. I’m just checking up on you to see if you have arrived safely in New York,” Jeongguk briefly hears objects falling down on some hard surface and a curse that seems to came from Yoongi before Namjoon continues what he’s saying. “We’re actually on our way there though we’re still at the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter