Third

double trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Five years later...

 

Morning sunlight shone through the window of the Kim residence and it immediately hits Taewon on the face. He groans, getting up from his bed and goes to the bathroom. Taewon prepares himself as fast as he can because he has to wake them up first then prepare their breakfast.

 

Leaving his room, Taewon enters the room beside his own room that belongs to his angels. It is the biggest room in the house, followed by the master’s bedroom. A smile creeps up on Taewon’s face as soon as he sees the sleeping figures of his angels. Striding over to the first bed, Taewon runs his hands through the sleeping figure’s hair, “Eun-ah, it’s time to wake up.”

 

A grunt promptly follows his words that made Taewon chuckle. “Come on, Eun-ah. We still have a lot of things to do today.” Taewon coaxes him that thankfully made Jung-eun get up from his bed. “Daddy,” he calls out sleepily. “Can I sleep for a little bit more?”

 

Taewon shakes his head and ruffles his hair, “Nope, you can’t. We still have to open the shop remember? Go prepare yourself now, okay?”

 

Mumbling incoherent things under his breath while getting up from his bed, Jung-eun follows his dad’s order and makes his way to the bathroom. Taewon stands up from his seat on Jung-eun’s bed and goes to the other bed to wake his sleeping baby angel.

 

Just like what he did to Jung-eun, Taewon the sleeping figure’s hair carefully. He greets, “Good morning, miss Taeyeon. Rise and shine!”

 

She groans and responds with her voice muffled by the pillow, “Daddy, don’t be noisy…”

 

Chuckling, Taewon continues to her brown, silky hair. “I’m really sorry about that but I need to wake you up. You want to go with me and your brother to the shop, right? Unless you wanted to be alone in here. That’s alright with me.”

 

Eyes widened, Taeyeon swiftly gets up from her bed. She hugs him tightly, “No, Daddy! I don’t want to be alone here!”

 

Taewon laughs at her then plants a kiss on the crown of her head. “Alright, alright. If you don’t want to be left alone here, after Eun, wash yourself, okay? I will meet the two of you downstairs because I still have to prepare for your breakfast. Hurry up about cleaning up though. Eight o’clock is nearing and we wouldn’t want to open the shop past that time.”

 

His daughter just nods at him with a wide beam on her face. Taewon takes that as his cue to leave the room to go downstairs.

 

As soon as he arrived to the kitchen, he quickly prepared all of the ingredients that he’s going to be needing for their breakfast. Taewon pulled out some eggs, bacons, and pancake mixture then started doing his thing.

 

While preparing the breakfast, Taewon can’t help but to think about things. Preparing breakfast is something that he never thought that he would do before. He always had a hard time getting up in the morning. He preferred to sleep or play games on his phone than to do anything regarding with cooking. Then again, he never thought that he would get pregnant with twins, run away from home because he’s a coward, and even had to change his name for safety precautions. Call him overreacting or anything, but he doesn’t care. He just had to do what has to be done. He can’t afford for his former members to track down where he is. He doesn’t want for them to find out about his precious secret. Changing his name for a few letters wouldn’t hurt anyone anyway.

 

Snapping out of his musings, Taewon places the foods that he prepared for breakfast. It wasn’t much, but he’s already satisfied with it. Probably because he knows that those foods would make Jung-eun and Taeyeon happy.

 

Taewon looks over the doorway of the kitchen to see that the twins have arrived. His loud laugh rings through the house as soon as he takes in Taeyeon’s appearance. Jung-eun laughs at his twin sister’s appearance too, making Taeyeon pout her lips at the two of them.

 

“Daddy! Eunnie! Don’t laugh at me like that!” she whines as she tries to fix her hair that are pointed in different directions.

 

“How can’t we laugh if you’re looking like that, princess?”

 

“Daddy!”

 

Taewon laughs again as he motions for Taeyeon to come over to him. “Alright, alright. I would stop teasing you. Let me fix your hair now, okay?” He swiftly fixes Taeyeon’s hair by braiding it into two, then places a flower crown that he made yesterday when they aren’t serving any customers. He lets Taeyeon look into the mirror to see her appearance and she seems to be pleased with it as she hugs her father on the thighs. Taewon leans down to place a kiss on her head then holds her up to let her seat beside him with Jung-eun already sitting on his other side.

 

The Kim household ate in silence together. After that, Jung-eun and Taeyeon raced to the living room to get their bags while Taewon is cleaning up the dining room. He smiles at the sight of his babies laughing and playing around together, making his heart swell out of fondness.

 

 

Up until now, Taewon can’t believe that he has them. When he first found out that his baby is not only one but two, it thrilled him. Although he was quite afraid at first, he learned that he has to be strong for them. And he knows that even though they weren’t born yet, he already loved them dearly.

 

 

The twins haven’t popped out the question yet, but Taewon is readying himself for that. He knows that Jung-eun and Taeyeon aren’t ordinary kids. They are kids who have a lot of potential and intelligence. Even though they are only four years old, they have been asking a lot of questions that sometimes, Taewon himself doesn’t know the answer to it.

 

 

Jung-eun and Taeyeon aren’t showing any signs of asking about that question yet, but he has a feeling that they would be asking that any time soon, and he has to be ready. Taewon doesn’t want to be asked on the spot, because there’s a tendency that he might lie to them. And as much as possible, he doesn’t want to lie to his babies.

 

 

A few chores here and there, Taewon is finally done and they are ready to go. He locks the gate of their house then double checks it if it’s really locked, before starting to walk behind Jung-eun and Taeyeon.

 

 

The twins have their hands clasped tightly while swaying it, a habit that they have started since they learned how to walk. Taewon is glad that they love each other and care for each other so much. At that, he is confident that the twins would always look out for each other.

 

 

While on their way to the shop, Taeyeon keeps on greeting the passersby while Jung-eun only smiles at them when they greet him too. They have seen and greeted the old lady named Patricia, Mrs. Johnson and her kids, and a whole lot more. It’s no surprise that they know everyone around the area, and it’s because of the shop that Taewon owns.

 

 

Finally, they have arrived at the shop that made Taeyeon bounce out of happiness. Taewon immediately opens the shop from the backdoor, then lets the twins enter the shop first.

 

Inside, the twins drops their bags on Taewon’s mini office, then goes to the store area. He chuckles at the two, most especially at Taeyeon, since she is the one who’s always the most excited when it comes to opening the flower shop.

 

“Daddy! Let’s open the shop already! The flowers need the sunlight now!” exclaims Taeyeon.

 

Taewon looks at his wristwatch then at his daughter, “Taeyeon-ah, it’s not time for us to open the shop yet. We still have a good 45 minutes to prepare.”

 

“Oh, really?” she asks in a disappointed voice. “What can we do before the shop opens?”

 

He pretends to think for a moment, “How about let’s arrange the flowers according to their kinds? I find the shop a little bit disorganized, and if the customers would see that, they would be disappointed with us. What do you think?”

 

Taeyeon nods excitedly at him, “Let’s do it, Daddy! Eunnie can help us too, right?”

 

“Of course, Eun would help us too,” Taewon looks over to Jung-eun. “Am I right, Eun-ah?” Jung-eun agrees with him. Taewon smiles at his son then starts arranging the flowers, with the twins following whatever he’s instructing them.

 

Exactly 45 minutes later, the trio finished arranging everything inside the flower

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter