Tenth

double trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everyone is being really weird today, Taehyung thinks as he munches on some chips that he brought with him, waiting for any customers to come in. He really doesn’t have a great feeling about it. Almost everyone that he encountered today looked at him weirdly and it’s seriously bringing his mood down. Even the twins who are playing somewhere around the shop, looked at their own father like he has grown two heads.

 

Letting out an exasperated breath, he slumps down even more and pouts while trying to eat his chips at the same time. His mood is slightly lifted up when someone enters the flower shop who turns out to be his best friends, Alexis and Axel. The two are beaming widely at him that it’s almost blinding and kind of makes Taehyung want to throw something at them. But since he has been feeling tired ever since he woke up for some weird reason and the fact that he also moved some flowers into different places today, Taehyung stays at his place and boredly watches his best friends who are slowly approaching him.

 

As soon as the two arrived where Taehyung is, the wide smiles on their faces dropped and they started to look at him like how everybody has been looking at him.

 

“Seriously, what is wrong with you, people?” whines Taehyung. “Why are you guys looking at me like I committed some unacceptable crime? I didn’t even do anything productive today!”

 

Alexis grimaces, “We know that you didn’t do anything wrong, Tae.” His gaze drops on the chips. “But are you seriously eating an octopus-flavoured chips?” His eyes widen even more in horror as he watches Taehyung drip the said chip into some kind of sauce. “And you’re even dripping them on a strawberry jam? That must taste like you’re eating .”

 

Right now, Taehyung is looking at his best friend like he has been betrayed and just said the most horrifying thing that he had ever heard. “How could you insult my favourite chips? It tastes like heaven, what are you even saying, Alexis?” He turns to look at Axel who is as equally horrified as Alexis. “Tell him that my choice of flavour of chips is not disgusting.”

 

Axel quickly shakes his head, “I love you and all, Tae, but Lex is right. It’s absolutely disgusting and must taste like .”

 

He huffs, “All of you have no taste when it comes to picking chips. I’m going to unfriend you now.”

 

“Don’t worry, Tae,” Alexis chuckles. “I think that at least, the strawberry jam tastes decent.” He shrugs as he dips the knife to the said jam and wipes some of it using his fingers to taste it. But as soon as he tasted the strawberry jam, Alexis feels like he’s going to puke. “Tae, what did you even do with this jam? Is it already expired?”

 

Taehyung quickly shakes his head, “Why do you think would I use it if it’s already expired? I don’t have a plan on dying anytime soon. I still have the twins to watch out for.”

 

“Then why in the world it tastes like ?” complains Alexis then swiftly turns to his other friend. “Xel, go taste it. Just like the octopus chips, it tastes disgusting.”

 

Axel looks at him weirdly, “If it tastes horrible, then why should I taste it? I don’t want to scar my tastebuds any more than it already is. I have mercy for my own tongue.”

 

Rolling his eyes, Alexis narrows his eyes at Taehyung as he points the bread knife towards him. “If it’s not expired then you must have done some weird with the damn strawberry jam.” Alexis clicks his tongue. “What did you add into the poor and supposed-to-be delicious strawberry jam?”

 

“I didn’t add anything too extreme with the strawberry jam, don’t worry.” Taehyung assures him as he munches on his octopus chips. “I only squeezed some lemon juice in it then added a tiny amount of apple cider vinegar afterwards.” He confesses nonchalantly like it’s the most normal thing in the world. His eyes drifts onto his best friends whose eyes are wide in horror and Taehyung immediately raises a brow at his friends. “What’s wrong with you? Did I say something wrong?”

 

He’s caught off guard when Alexis holds his shoulders tightly then started to shake him almost violently. “Kim Taehyung, I know that you like to experiment on food for your so-called ‘cooking extravaganzas’ but do you seriously need to do that? Who in their right mind adds apple cider vinegar and lemon juice on a strawberry jam? Did you lose your mind?”

 

Pushing his friend away from him as he dips the octopus chips on the said dressing, Taehyung rolls his eyes at his friend again. He doesn’t really know why are they acting like that. What he did is something normal and nothing’s wrong with being normal, right? So why is his friend acting like he had done the most incredulous thing that could ever happen in the human history?

 

Taehyung is snapped out of his trance when Axel clears his throat then pulls Alexis away from him. “I’m getting tired of this weird conversation,” he sighs exasperatedly. “What we came here for is about the things that happened last night. You texted us all of a sudden that the twins and Jeongguk already knew about the truth without giving us any further details. Now, spill. I want every single detail about what happened last night.”

 

Before telling them the whole story, Taehyung heaves out a sigh. But before he can even start to speak, his head starts pounding like it’s going to explode. He groans a little too loudly when another wave of pain and nausea hits him. Alexis and Axel are quick to be at his side, worried look on their faces as they are trying to ask Taehyung what is happening with him. He’s about to respond to their questions when he suddenly tastes something bitter and he knows what’s going to happen next. Rapidly making his way to the restroom, his best friends follow him there too, trying to assist Taehyung in any way possible. Alexis runs his hand up and down on Taehyung’s back, hoping that it would at least soothe whatever he’s feeling right now. On the other hand, Axel keeps on brushing Taehyung’s hair away from his eyes so that it wouldn’t poke his eyes and he can see better.

 

After a few more moments, Taehyung finally feels a little bit better than before, but his head is still hurting like a . His hands quickly scampers to hold onto Alexis and Axel who are carefully helping him on their way to Taehyung’s office. Not too long after, they arrive at the office and lets Taehyung lay down on the couch, his eyes closing as soon as his back hits the couch. Alexis and Axel takes a seat on the floor, Axel’s hand is still brushing Taehyung’s hair affectionately.

 

“Taehyung,” Alexis calls out softly. “I don’t really think that you’re going to be well anytime soon, judging by the way you are right now. We should let a doctor perform a check-up on you. We don’t want your condition to be worse than it already is.”

 

“But I don’t wanna see a doctor. Doctors can be mean,” whines Taehyung like a kid. Axel chuckles, “Don’t worry, Tae. Lex and I wouldn’t let any doctor harm you or even get near you. We’re going to call for my brother, Zion, don’t worry. He’s one of the best doctors that I know.”

 

Alexis and Axel didn’t even wait for any response from Taehyung as they swiftly dials Zion’s number, while Taehyung drifts into a heavy sleep.

 

 

The next time that Taehyung wakes up is when he’s at his own room, Jung-eun and Taeyeon’s faces who are looking at him worriedly immediately welcomes him. Relieved smiles can be seen from the twins’ faces as soon as they see that their father is awake. Jung-eun and Taeyeon drops a peck on Taehyung’s cheek that made the latter giggle. Taehyung ruffles the twins’ hair making the two laugh. However, their moment is interrupted when the door suddenly opens, the members of BTS behind it, their concerned expressions turn into relaxed ones as soon as they takes in his state.

 

Jeongguk is quick to take a place beside Taehyung, speedily tries to engulf him in a hug that slightly didn’t work because of their complicated positions. But for Jeongguk, it’s enough because he get to see Taehyung and the twins again and that’s what really matters.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter