Fourth

double trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

to avoid any confusions, the italic parts of the dialogues somewhere in between the chapter, they are speaking in korean. since the twins grew up in america, i made their mother language english. also, when taewon/taehyung is already talking to the members, they are speaking in korean.

 

and to answer your questions:

 

to Rie_13, nope, axel and alexis are not exo members. they are people that taewon/taehyung befriended with when he's starting to live a life in new york. the exo members who left that i'm talkin about are kris, luhan, and tao.

 

to everyone that is still confused, taewon and taehyung are the same. taehyung changed his name to taewon so that the members would not be able to track his location.

i hope everything is cleared up now. aside from that, thank you for the comments! please keep them coming ♡ and forgive me for the grammatical errors.

 

工エエェェ(;╹⌓╹)ェェエエ工

 

Kim Taewon thought that today would be a normal day for him and his babies. But of course, he just thought.

 

It isn’t undeniable that Taewon is looking at the customers who just entered his flower shop like he has seen a ghost. Jung-eun and Taeyeon are looking at their father confusedly, wondering why their Dad looks like he doesn’t feel really well.

 

“Daddy, are you okay?” asks Taeyeon worriedly, walking towards her father. She hugs him on the thighs, “Eunnie, I think Daddy doesn’t feel well.”

 

Jung-eun agrees with his twin sister, “Yeah. Let’s tell Uncle Lex and Uncle Xel about this.”

 

Taewon quickly stops them before they can even move. “No, no, baby. I’m alright. Just stay in my office for now, yeah? Daddy would deal with our customers, okay?” orders Taewon that the two obeyed. Jung-eun and Taeyeon hurriedly goes to the office, just like what their father told them. Once Taewon has finally made sure that they’re inside, he looks to the leader of his customers in the eyes.

 

For the first time in five years, Taewon speaks in Korean once again, “Good afternoon! Welcome to Happy Petals. My name’s Kim Taewon, and I’m the owner of this shop. So what can I do for you, sir?”

 

Friday, 2021/07/23. Approximately 15 minutes ago.

 

“Thank you for choosing Happy Petals! We’re happy to serve you! Please come again!” Taewon bids the customer goodbye, sporting his box-like grin. The customer smiles back at him, clearly pleased with the attitude that he’s giving off.

 

As soon as the customer leaves, Taewon turns his attention to Jung-eun and Taeyeon who are sitting on the floor behind the counter. Jung-eun is watching his sister color the cartoon characters that she drew earlier.

 

He calls for Jung-eun’s attention, “Eun-ah, I’m just going to get something at the back. While I’m not here, assist any customer that would enter the shop, okay?” Jung-eun nods at his father with a small smile. Taewon smiles back at his son then scurries off to the back.

 

Meanwhile, at the front of Happy Petals, a black van just arrived. Its passengers eventually got out of it, the said passengers feeling something unusual at the pit of their stomachs. Shaking it off, they enter the flower shop without any hesitance.

 

They are immediately welcomed by a sweet scent, something that they didn’t expected from a flower shop. Truthfully, they expected that the flower shop would give off the smell of different kinds of flowers but it surprisingly only has one scent and it’s sweet and sort of relaxing. They quickly conclude that they really like what the owner did for the scent of the shop.

 

A kid’s voice snaps them out of their own reveries, “Good afternoon! Welcome to our shop!” A small girl with a boxy grin greets them with so much enthusiasm.

 

They all blinked at her, thinking about how much the grin of the little girl reminds them of someone. It was silent for a while, but the eldest of the group decided to speak up.

 

“Good afternoon to you, too! My name’s Seokjin and my friends and I wanted to buy flowers from your shop. But first, may I know what’s your name?” Seokjin crouches down so that he’s eye-level with the little girl.

 

The little girl’s grin widens, “I’m Taeyeon Kim! I’m the daughter of the owner of this shop, my amazing Daddy Tae! I also have a twin brother, and he’s here too.” Taeyeon looks to the direction of the counter. “Eunnie! We have customers!”

 

At that, a boy appears from behind the counter. He looks at them then sends them a small smile, “Hi. I’m Jung-eun Kim, Taeyeon’s twin brother. Nice to meet you.”

 

Taeyeon pouts at her twin, “Eunnie, didn’t Daddy told you that you should greet the customers happily? Why do you look so sad?”

 

Jung-eun sends Taeyeon a sweet smile, “I’m feeling tired, but just a little bit. Don’t worry, Taeyeon. I’ll be fine.”

 

A silence takes over them once again. Hoseok scratches the back of his neck, feeling really awkward about the situation. He was about to say something but Jimin’s screech interrupts him.

 

“Oh my goodness!” Jimin exclaims, amusement clear in his voice. “Aren’t you guys noticing something?” he asks to the members. He frowns when the members shake their heads. Jimin points to Jung-eun, “Why aren’t you noticing that he looks like Jeonggukie? It’s a little Jeongguk, hyung!”

 

The members turn their heads to look at Jung-eun once again, the said boy feeling a bit exposed because of the members’ gazes on him. Jimin is right, the kid looks like Jeongguk. He has a jet black hair that is styled a little bit. He also has eyes that resembles Jeongguk’s, and of course, Jeongguk’s infamous bunny teeth. Jung-eun resembles Jeongguk in a few more features, and hell, their similarities are really uncanny. The members felt shivers run down their skin, but they decided not to comment about it. A few seconds later though, Seokjin speaks up.

 

“Jimin is right. He really looks like our Jeonggukie,” Seokjin moves over to Jung-eun. “You’re really cute, aren’t you?” Seokjin pokes his cheeks softly. “Say, where’s your guardian? Is your guardian the owner of this shop, too?”

 

Jung-eun nods, “He’s our dad. Daddy loves flowers, just like what Uncle Xel and Uncle Lex told us. That’s why he made this shop.”

 

Hoseok’s face lights up, “Oh really? Can we meet him? Where is he?”

 

“Daddy’s at the back! He said that he’s just going to get something,” answers Taeyeon.

 

“Can you call your dad for us? We need to talk to him,” orders Yoongi to Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon looks at her twin brother, “Eunnie, I’ll go to Daddy, yes?”

 

Jung-eun ruffles Taeyeon’s hair, “Go. I’ll stay here in case a customer enters again.”


 

At the back, Taewon is busy piling up the dead leaves and flowers that he didn’t managed to revive. After managing to pile them up, Taewon shoves them inside the sack. He’s not planning to throw the dead leaves and flowers away. He thinks that maybe he can use them in a very useful way, without wasting them.

 

However, he didn’t really expected for his daughter to interrupt him while he’s busy piling the composites. Taewon almost jumps when he felt someone hugging his thighs from behind.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter