First

double trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung sighs as he looks at the time on his phone that reads 2:47am then looks out at the window of his shared bedroom with Jimin and Hoseok. He looks over to where Jimin is lying down, smiling a little as his best friend is mumbling some incoherent words under his breath. He fully beams as his eyes drift to Hoseok’s, giggling quietly as Hoseok does that weird sleeping habit of his again. Deciding that it’s really funny (even though he has witnessed it million times already), he gets up from his bed and walks over to Hoseok’s bed then records him.

 

Finishing the recording of Hoseok, Taehyung looks at his reflection on the mirror and his hands immediately fly to his tummy. He sports a fond smile as he caresses his stomach, thinking about how much he’s already treasuring them even though they’re not out to the world yet.

 

He bends down to get the duffle bags that he prepared two weeks ago when he was left alone at the dorm. Carefully, he pulls them out from the bed. Taehyung tries so hard not to make any noise because if he would, his plan would probably fail.


 

Taehyung doesn’t even bother to change his clothes anymore, thinking that he could probably do it later. He exits his shared room with Jimin and Hoseok quickly but as quiet as he can manage. Thankfully, he succeeds as he closes the door soundlessly.

 

Pulling out six white mailing envelopes from one of the bags, Taehyung places them on the dining table. He tries so hard not to let a tear escape from his eyes as he lays the letters carefully.

 

Taehyung puts down the bags in his hands to go to a particular room in the dorm.

 

Namjoon and Jeongguk’s room.

 

From the outside of the room, Taehyung can already hear Namjoon’s snores from the inside. Usually, when he hears them, he laughs as loud as he can or even sometimes, scold his hyung for being too loud. But right now, he can’t find himself to do that. Taehyung opens the door faintly and Namjoon’s snoring just got louder but he couldn’t care about it right now. His eyes are fixated to a sleeping figure whose face is being illuminated by the bright light of the moon.

 

Taehyung finds himself smiling as he looks at Jeongguk’s beautiful sleeping face, carefully fondling his cheeks. Probably out of habit, Jeongguk leans in even more to Taehyung’s touch, making his heart ache.

 

He brushes his face gently for a few more seconds, and he finally lets go. Taehyung leaves a light kiss on Jeongguk’s lips, the corner of his eyes watering at the same time. As Taehyung’s lips leaves Jeongguk’s, Taehyung’s heart aches even more as Jeongguk mumbles, “Taehyung, baby, I love you.” At that, Taehyung’s tears start to fall down to his cheeks. He bitterly wipes them away, but sweetly replies to Jeongguk, “I love you more, Gukkie.”

 

Before Taehyung can fully breakdown in the middle of Jeongguk and Namjoon’s room, he swiftly leaves the room as quiet as he can. He instantly grabs the bags on the floor and leaves the dorm with a heavy heart and without looking back.

 

 

Jeongguk doesn’t know why, but he wakes up with a heavy feeling. It’s probably because the dorm is too silent for his liking. Sure, he kind of hated it when the hyungs are being too noisy, but he sort of hated it too when the dorm is too silent. Too silent that it’s almost deafening.

 

Groaning, Jeongguk gets up from his bed, quickly finding out that Namjoon is already awake. He looks at his bedside table to see the digital clock that reads 6:32am. Seeing the time on the clock makes him want to go back and sleep again, but he probably shouldn’t because he feels something’s not right.

 

He leaves his shared room with Namjoon to find his hyungs because there’s a possibility that they left for breakfast without inviting him (again). His search didn’t happen for too long as he finds all of them sitting together on their dining room. Quirking an eyebrow, Jeongguk asks to no one in particular, “Hyung, why are you being quiet? Did something happened?”

 

All of their heads whipped to Jeongguk’s direction, making him confused. “Um, are you guys alright? Are you sick or something?” he questions, concern dripping on his voice. “Where is Taehyungie-hyung anyway? Did you send him off for an errand?”

 

“Jeongguk-ah,” says Seokjin in tone that Jeongguk couldn’t pinpoint. “I’m really sorry. I’m so sorry.” cries Seokjin and Namjoon immediately scoots over to his side to comfort him.

 

“I don’t get what you’re saying, hyung. W-What is happening?” Jeongguk asks, his voice shaking a little. Jimin suddenly hands him a white envelope that made Jeongguk look at him. He quickly notices that there are tears welling up at the corner of Jimin’s eyes. Jimin mutters in a soft, broken voice, “Just open it, please.”

 

Jeongguk looks down at the envelope, rapidly noticing Taehyung’s messy handwriting of his name above it. “What is the meaning of this?” Jeongguk frowns. He doesn’t have an idea what’s going on. Yoongi answers, “Just read it, kid.”

 

As what he is told, Jeongguk rips open the white envelope that consists of a paper that has more of Taehyung’s scribbling. He finally realizes that Taehyung wrote a letter for him. He doesn’t know the reason why, but he figures if he want to find out, he has to read the letter.

 

Gukkie,

 

I know that you’re confused as to why I wrote a letter for you, but I wouldn’t get to explain to you everything. I also know that once you have finished reading this, you would probably hate me.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter