Sweet Lullaby

The Sabotage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MINA'S POV

An hour had already passed and an hour of shifting from left and right from my bed. I just couldn't get any sleep. Good thing we don't have a schedule tomorrow or else everyone will get a glimpse of my dark circles. I sighed. What's happening to me?

Since going back to sleep is pointless, I grabbed my phone and decided to look through some pictures. The photos were either the ones that I saved or the ones that I took myself. Some of it were from three years ago. I kept smiling on some photos the memories coming back like it was just yesterday. I even holded back a laugh when I saw pictures of us making goofy faces, but then while scanning I didn't notice until now that my eyes kept on landing on a certain person. Once that I realized it, all that I keep looking at is that person. From all the goofy faces she makes, to some serious ones and to some aegyo she rarely does. But my favorite were the ones that were stolen. I always admire the way she can look chic without even trying but surprisingly a cutesy at the same time. And this one particular photo where they captured her beautiful smile. I stared at the photo for a minute.

I kept thinking on that person that I didn't realize that I have just typed a message and send it to that person. My eyes widen at the realization. 

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god! I kept repeating the words. What have I done! What do I do? I panicked. Oh wait she might be asleep already, there's a chance she might read it tomorrow. I'll just explain it to her by then. 

I quickly put my phone down before I do anything else stupid. Then I turn to my side and closed my eyes forcing myself to sleep but then I heard a beep on my phone. My eyes quickly opened at the sound. Then I could feel my heart beating faster. There's no way she's still awake. I slowly opened my phone and my heart beat doubled at the sight of her name appearing on the screen.

Me: Jeongyeon?

JY: hey mina

o_o

why are you still awake?

I stared at the screen for a minute thinking of something to reply. I took a long breathe then replied and told her the truth.

Me: I just couldn't sleep.

She replied a second after.

JY: me too

I was about to type my reply but then another message came from her.

JY: come to the living room 

What? I read her reply again. Is she serious? I got nervous again. What should I do? Should I tell her that I'll just try to go back to sleep or just go out? A part of me doesn't want to because this nervousness that I was feeling might grow even more if I'm beside her but a bigger part of me wants to see her right now. So I choose the latter and went outside the room.

As I got out of our room, I saw a very familiar figure in the kitchen with her back facing me. She noticed my presence because she suddenly turned around and gave me a smile. I blushed.

"Oh hey, thought you weren't coming out. Just go sit on the couch. I'll follow right after I'm done here." She said and I nodded in response then she turned back to whatever she was doing. 

I sat on the couch like she told me to and a minute after she came with two mugs on both of her hands. She handed me the other cup. "Here." I took the cup and she smiled. "Careful it's hot."

"What' this?" I asked curious to what she was giving me.

"Warm milk, it will help you sleep." She then sat beside me.

"Thanks." I blushed. I really like this side of her. This caring side of her, maybe that's why I'm in-lov... hold on, what am I thinking? Wait, what am I saying? Mina get a grip of yoourself! I thought to myself. Then without thinking I quickly took a sip from the cup and yelp because it was hot which earned a laugh from Jeongyeon. 

"Told you to be careful." She said with that goofy smiles of hers. I blushed I don't know if it because of my foolishness or because of her smile. I just smiled back.

It was silent for a moment, everyone else was sleeping already. We were both just sipping from the cup until she broke the silence. "So tell me, what's wrong?" I got surprised when I saw her now looking at me. I myself didn't know why I couldn't sleep but I have to think of something to tell her so I lied.

"Nothing, I guess I slept too much earlier this afternoon." I made a small chuckle which she joins in after.

"What about you?" Now it's my turn to ask her. I too am curious as well why she was still awake. She paused for a bit, then gave me side glance before looking back at her cup like it was the most interesting thing.

"I was still thinking about what happened ealier." 

"Oh." was only my reply. I can't think of anything else to say.

"I'm really sorry. I kept everything from you guys." She said still not looking at me. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter