Random Questions

The Sabotage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JEONGYEON'S POV

Tension filled the room.

Everyone gathered in the living room. My heart was beating fast and every second increases my nervousness. Well who wouldn't be in my situation, if suddenly eight pairs of eyes are glaring at you and I mean only at you. If glaring could kill I'd be so long dead by now. 

I was left sitting on the couch while everyone else were standing right in front of me with their arms crossed and looking so serious. I gulped. Have they found out?

"H-hey everyone, why are you still up at this time of hour? It's so late you know." I said nervously, I tried my best to hide it but failed. "Dark circles might appear in your eyes.. uhm you know.. like pandas! You’ll look like pandas! Ahaha-haaa..." I tried lighting up the mood but no one laughed, not even a smile. I gulped again then averted my eyes.

"We're asking you the same, what are you doing at this time of hour? It's so late you know." Jihyo returned the question with scrutinizing eyes.

"I was uhm-" I paused for a bit thinking of what to say then an idea came to mind. "Yah! Why did you surprise me like that? You really scared me back then. I even fell and hurt my . You could have just left the lights on." I said like I was scolding them but in reality I was just trying to change the subject. I'm not ready to tell them the truth just yet.

"It was all Chaeyoung's idea! She said it will be more 'dramatic' that way." Nayeon said while air quoting the word dramatic. I then glared at my nojam bro.

"What? It's all in the effects." She proudly defended but then returned the glare at me. "I know what you're doing unnie you're trying to change the subject!" She suddenly accused.

Busted! She saw right through me. And everyone were back at staring.. I mean glaring at me. I gulped once more. So this is what it feels like being interrogated. And honestly I don't like it.

I took a deep breathe then closed my eyes. Looks like I have no choice. There's no escape and clearly they won't let this go. Anyway they will know it sooner or later so why not tell them now. I'm sure they will understand. I didn't notice that it took a couple of minutes trying to convince myself. Once I knew I was ready, I opened my eyes and looked at everyone but to my surprise they weren't looking at me anymore. Actually their backs were facing me instead. They were in a huddle and whispering at each other that only they could hear. 

That's weird and very suspicious. I thought to myself. It got me nervous and curious at the same time.

 

JIHYO'S POV

Jeongyeon tried to change the subject. I don't know why but it really got me irritated. Why can't she just tell us the truth? We won't get mad. We'll accept it no matter what. Won't we? I suddenly questioned myself. Wait, of course we will. I said to myself.

Suddenly Jeongyeon closed her eyes for a couple of minutes. She looks like she’s having a battle with herself on whether to tell us or not but it feels like she'll choose the latter. So I looked at everyone and motioned to them to come closer. We huddled over at the center and started whispering so Jeongyeon wouldn't hear our conversation.

 "Looks like she won't tell us anything." I sighed.

"What should we do then?" Mina replied.

"I really want to know the truth!” Chaeyoung whined.

“Me too, it got me really curious!” Dahyun agreed.

“Let's just ask her directly!” Nayeon suggested.

“Yah we can't do that, we'll scare her.” I rejected her suggestion.

“But aren't we scaring unnie right now?” Tzuyu interjected.

I stole a glance at Jeongyeon’s direction. She still has her eyes closed then I looked back at everyone. And Tzuyu was right, we are indeed scaring her. And it got me confused as to why are we acting this way. We’re acting as if we are.. jealous? Wait what am I thinking? No! Of course we’re not jealous, this is not jealousy. We’re just worried, that’s all. We’re just being her good friends and this is us being worried. Right?

I shook my head to rid of my thoughts before it gets worse. Then I faced everyone again. “Let’s just calm ourselves first okay. And we should stop with the glaring, it will scare her more. Just be normal okay. We’ll ask her of course but not directly. Let’s just take it nice and slowly.” I instructed everyone and they nodded in response.

"Uhm wait, where's Momo?” Sana suddenly asked.

We all glance side by side looking for Momo but she’s not with us. Why didn’t we notice it before? Then I look up to where Jeongyeon is and to my surprise Momo was already standing right in front of her. Oh no!

“W-what?” Jeongyeon asked nervously.

"You're dating someone, aren't you!" Momo suddenly burst out and it got Jeongyeon really shocked. She didn’t even ask her but more like accused her. I mentally slapped myself. Talk about the direct approach. I sighed.

Jeongyeon looked down on her hands for a few seconds then looked back at Momo.

“Yes.” She faintly replied.

Everyone froze. Like we all stopped breathing. Then silence.

I thought of it before, if Jeongyeon was really dating I’m sure I’d be really happy for her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter