Blanket

Little Things

I hastily grabbed the extra pillow from the wardrobe and placed it on my bed. I frowned as the Tiffany took over my pillow and curled herself up into my blanket.

“Ya! What are you doing?” I grumbled in displeasure as I pulled the cover off her, only to witness it being put back into its original position again.

 

Letting out a huge sigh, I groaned as I positioned my pillow properly before lying on it, with my back facing her. Seconds later, I felt a knuckle knocking onto my back. Still feeling mad, I ignored it but it didn’t stop.

 

I turned around quickly only to be met by the same eyesmile.

 

“Why don’t you come inside the blanket with me?”

 

“I don’t want to!”

 

However, I wasn’t given a chance to speak again when she scooted closer to me before lifting up the blanket and held it over both of our body, “With me, you have to.”

 

“Look, you said you wanted a stayover but why did you ignore me just now? I was so…”

 

“Shh…” She put her finger on my lips and shushed me.

 

Feeling bizarre at the situation, I shot her a puzzling look, “What?”

 

“Doesn’t this feel like our secret place? With just the two of us and no one else?”

 

The question triggered my excitement as a smile appeared on my face. Tiffany must have noticed it when she giggled. The idea wasn’t that bad.

 

“So,” I paused to look at her. “Do you have a secret to tell me?”

 

I kept my gaze on her and waited for an answer when I felt a piece of paper being pushed into my hand. Looking down on my hand, I was surprised to see an air ticket while she held another one in her hand.

 

“My mum won a pair of air ticket to Jeju. She suggested that we should go together.”

 

“Oh…” I didn’t know what to say.

 

“So, what do you think?” I looked up at the girl who was waiting for my answer with a pleading look on her face. To be honest, I was unsure.

 

“The tickets will be valid until the end of next year so you don’t have to worry.”

 

I hesitated at her words; at how she purposely emphasised the words ‘end of the year’. Six months is too long of a journey for me, let alone one year. However, as soon as I felt her hands holding onto mind, I nodded at her invitation. Maybe I should just believe in myself more.