Snowman

Little Things

The pile of snow had started to build up bit by bits as each day passed. The empty land in front of my house had filled itself up with thick and white blanket. I was glad for the first time that my house is located in a secluded area that was difficult to find. Nobody would find this empty land and we could have it all to ourselves.

 

“This is great!” Tiffany cheered as she grabbed my hand and dashed into the snow.

 

I watched as she bent down to gather a handful of snow and before I could react, it was thrown at me. I almost fell at the sudden impact.

 

“Yah!” I shouted and did the same back to her but before I could launch another attack, she held her hands up and stopped me.

 

“I surrender!” She was laughing as she said that. “Why don’t we build snowman instead? I’ll build one that looks like you and you’ll build one that looks like me.”

 

Now that certainly sounded interesting.

 

“Sure!” I nodded my head eagerly.

 

We set out a clear boundary as we split our ways excitedly. We picked up material from the icy ground and grabbed branches from wherever we could find it. It didn’t take long before we were done with our little game.

 

I frowned as I looked at the two snowmen which are standing side by side.

 

“Hey, I’m not that short okay?” I pointed out at the difference in height, only to have Tiffany laughing at me.

 

“I think I’m really good at implementing reality into my design. Am I right, Tae?” I scoff as she went towards the snowman she had just built and posed a question.

 

“Tae?”

 

“Yeah,” she nodded before pointing to mine. “You can call yours Fany. The four of us shall be friends from today onwards.”

 

“What the hell? That’s creepy!”

 

“Don’t be rude to our friends!”

 

I was about to retaliate when a voice from afar tore my attention away. I looked back to see my mother standing in the snow and shouting for us to go inside for dinner. It was 6 already.

 

“Now, let’s say goodbye to our friends. We will play together again tomorrow.” I was still amused at the scene but I couldn’t do anything when Tiffany grabbed my hand forcefully and wave at them. Well, I guess I’ve made two new friends today.