Chapter 3

Swap
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihyo was awaken by Nayeon's phone that's been constantly buzzing. She was always been a light-sleeper and the slightest sound could easily awaken her. She stood from her bed and went to check on the older girl's phone. She saw that it's the manager's 10th missed call. It must be something important so she decided to wake Nayeon up.

"Nayeon-unnie, managernim has been calling you non-stop." She said as she shook the girl up. "Ugh!" Nayeon just turned her position and covered herself up with her blanket. Jihyo sighed and decided to answer the phone herself.

Jihyo: Hello?
Manager: What took you so long to answer? You guys need to prepare now. You have an event to attend to!
Jihyo: What event?
Manager: What do you mean what event? Jisoo is this you? You sound different. And why can't I contact your phone?
Jihyo: Its broken, I think. (She lied. Their manager doesn't know about the swap)
Manager: You need to have a new one ASAP... Did you wake earlier than Nayeon? That's something new. Wake her up now and be ready in an hour.
Jihyo: I got it.

She did what she's told and eventually manages to wake up the older girl. Upon hearing about the "event", Nayeon's eyes widen because she literally forgot everything about it. She immediately stood up and prepared with Jihyo. 

JYP company will be launching their new line of clothes and they will be promoting it along with the other models. She and Jisoo already prepared for this a week ahead. She briefed Jihyo with everything so she will have an idea on what will happen.

 They arrived at the place and immediately proceeded to the backstage. Hair and make-up was done and the final practice for the event needs to be done to. Jihyo was very uncomfortable in the crowded area she's in. She never liked noisy and tight places but she has to deal will it.  She easily got the flow and understood every instruction taught as if she had done it before. The only thing that concerns Nayeon was that the girl doesn't smile much. She usually have this serious or nonchalant expression on her face. 

Director: Jisoo, you stay in the middle since you're the face of the company. 
Jihyo: ok. (She nodded)
Nayeon: Smile. Don't forget to smile. (She reminded her)

During the rehearsals, Jihyo can clearly hear the murmurings around her. Some are direct attacked to her like she was not really talented and doesn't belong to them. Nayeon also have her fair share of haters. Both of them just brush it off because they have better things to deal with. Jihyo was surprise by the working environment that her sister deals with every single day. 

Suddenly, one of the younger model accidentally bumbed into one of those mean girls. "Watch it you pabo!" The young model was suddenly pushed and fell. 

Chae: I'm sorry. I didn't mean to.
Model1: well, you should be! (The girls laughed at the younger model)

Jihyo can't just let it pass and she helped the girl out. She can't tolerate them anymore. 

Jihyo: You should apologize to her. (She glared at the older model)
Model1: Why would I? Its her fault. Its not your business anyway so why do you care?!
Jihyo: It is my business and I don't know why they tolerate people like you to work in here.
Model3: You use to ignore things and just care about yourself, why meddle now?!
Nayeon: Jisoo, just let it be. (She tried pulling Jihyo but the girl didn't move an inch)
Model2: Yeah. Go with bunny here. You can't do anything about it. Your company needs our popularity.
Jihyo: So that's what everyone thinks here. They tolerate you because of that?!
Manager: Jisoo-ya, let's just stop this commotion.

The people backstage now gathers around them. Everyone knows the scenes behind the stage and no one speaks about it because they are trying to keep the three models because of the huge popularity they contribute to the brand. 

Jihyo: This has got to stop.
Model3: What will you do? Fire us? The event starts in 2 hours. Every work that has been done will be wasted if we leave. (She scoffs)
Jihyo: You're fired.
Model3: Who do you think you are?!
Jihyo: Just so you know, I am part of managing this company which gives me the authority to decide everything in here.
Model1: You will regret this.
Jihyo: I only regret that I didn't do it earlier.

With that the three girls walked out. The people around them started whispering. It was their first time to see Jisoo act like that. What are they going to do now? Everyone is in panic mode. Then the director came in.

Director: What happened? Did you just fire my models?
Jihyo: Yes, I did director-nim.
Director: Why did you do that Jisoo?! I run this place! You have no idea what damaged you have done with your family's company!
Jihyo: The only thing that will be damaged is our company's reputation if those girls continued to stay. 
Director: You never meddle with your family's business and you choose now?! You should fix this mess and apologize to them.
Jihyo: I won't apologize to them directornim,  but I will fix this... Everyone, resume your work and we'll start the event within 2 hours. (She ordered and everyone obeyed. They never seen this side of Jisoo before. Even Nayeon stood in shock. In front of them was not Jisoo the model, but Jihyo as the CEO)

Jihyo thinks on what to do next. Suddenly she remembered something. She immediately called Mina.

Mina: Hello?
Jihyo: Mina! Are you still in Korea with Momo and Jungyeon?
Mina: Uh yes? Why Jihyo?
Jihyo: I need your help. 
Mina: What about?
Jihyo: Can you three come over at this address?.... My sister will fill you in the details.
Mina: Your sister?
Jihyo: Yeah,  my twin sister Jisoo. 
Mina: Ahh, the one on the picture in your room. Ok, we'll go now.

The three girls finally arrived at the place. They were looking around to make sure if this is the right address. The people around them stared at the three of them as they passed by. Everyone is already equally stunning with their casual attire.

Jihyo: Mina! (Jihyo yelled as she saw the three of them and went towards them)
Mina: Jihyo?! Is that you????
Jihyo: Ahh.., sorry (she forgot that she's supposed to be Jisoo) I'm Jisoo, Jihyo's twin sister.
Mina: Ahh... Nice to meet you. This is Momo and Jungyeon. (The two greeted her too) Uhmm, nice to finally meet you. How did you recognize us?
Jihyo: off course. Who doesn't know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter