Chapter 11

Swap
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Right at the event, a surprise announcement was made.

"Hi everyone, hope you are all having a good time. We have a surprise later. Jisoo will sing live for you." The crowd cheered loudly.

Upon hearing it, Jihyo's eyes widened. Her face suddenly became pale.

While watching at TV inside the car, both Jisoo and Jinyoung looked at each others worried expression. "OH NO!" They gasped.

"We better hurry up!" Jisoo exclaimed. 

Nayeon noticed Jihyo's expression. "Are you nervous? I didn't know you have something prepared for this event." 

JH: I don't have any idea about it
NY: Then how come they announced something if you weren't informed?
JH: I don't know. I better stop this...

Better Jihyo could do anything, the producer went to her direction. "It'll be ok right? You are a great singer so this impromptu performance is nothing for you..." He smirked. " That is if you can really sing" he added with mockery in his tone.

"What was that about?" Nayeon exclaimed. "Can you do it?" She asked Jihyo. "No.... I...I can't..." Jihyo said shivering...

She recalled what happened years ago. The panic quickly overwhelmed her. She clearly remembered how it went. She was on the stage and gazed at hundreds of eyes piercing thru her. She failed miserably that moment and she ran away. Her breathing seemed to stiffen. She cleanched her fists seeing how the producer smirked at her with all his cocky look. She had been working so hard now and she can't backed down. She won't back down. But how can she do it if she was forced to face her biggest fear right at that very instant? She has to sing live in front of the people in couple of minutes. Every second felt like her energy is being drained. She felt being dizzy with the roller coaster of emotions she's facing. 

Nayeon noticed it and held her hand. "Jihyo, I know you can do it. I don't have any idea what's going on but you've been thru a lot already. You can't just give up." She said staring right thru her eyes. Jihyo simply nodded. She understood what she needs to do. She took a deep breathe to calm herself. But still, her hand is still shaking in fear.  

"You guys ready? Jisoo will now render a song" the producer said snickering at Jihyo. 'You are going down, he said to himself.

Jihyo who is still trembling stood up from her seat and went to the center stage. She saw how everyone's eyes was glued on her. This is definitely just like the last time she broke down and ran away from the stage. To make it worst, she heard the song starting to play. This was the same song she failed in singing. Her legs began to tremble. She faced back and really wants to ran away for the second time. That's when a very familiar figure caught her gaze.

Her eyes widen in shock. She wasn't expecting that person to be on the backstage. The person was also holding a mic and signaled her that she'll sing with her. She nodded understanding what she meant and immediately face the audience again. She suddenly felt the courage inside her heart. "Jisoo.." She muttered but inaudible. A smile flash in her face.

On cue, the two of them sang together. Jihyo can clearly hear her sister. Jisoo was hidden from plain view of the audience.

"jjajeungi gyesokdoeneun narimyeon
nal chajawabwayo
haengbogeuro gadeukhan naredo
nareul chajawajwoyo

geudae goeropineun modeun geotdeul
geudaereul apeugo jichige haneun geotdeul
da naegero gajyeowa naege matgyeobwayo yeah"

Seeing that Jihyo could do it on her own, Jisoo stopped singing with her and let her do it on her own. Jihyo didn't noticed it and still continued singing with her heart.


"One in a million
mideobwayo geudaen teukbyeolhangeol
One in a million
sesange dan han saram ppuningeol
geudaeneun masterpiece
inneun geudaerodo wanbyeokhangeolyo
One in a million
mideoyo geudaen teukbyeolhangeolyo"


The audience was in awe. They all stood up clapping as they were very amazed by her. Jihyo was really happy about their response and she began to tear up. Then...


"That's not possible! You can't sing!" The producer shouted causing everyone to look at him with shocked faces.

"There' s a big difference between being not able to sing and choosing not to sing." Jisoo suddenly showed up in front of the people. "My sister definitely CAN sing and she's very good at it!

...
(Falshback)
*a couple of years ago...

"Mom! Dad! Jihyo-unnie and I were chosen by our school to sing in the school festival" Jisoo said excitedly running towards their parents as she went to hug both of them. A wide grin in her face appeared. She was really glad to be a part of it. On the otherhand, Jihyo just followed behind her with an embarrassed expression. "Jihyo, come here too! Her mom said and she obeyed as she was pulled in the middle of their tight hug. "Ahh.. I can't breathe!" Jihyo said as she broke free. "I'm proud of you girls." Their dad commented. "I know both of you will do well." Their mom added.

They practiced so hard in order for them to make a great performance. Everyday after school, they went to the music room to do rehearsals. Though it was exhausting, they had fun because they have each other. It's tiring but as long as they are together, the smiles on their faces never fades away.

A day before the event, they have their last practice. Jihyo was left inside the room while Jisoo went to the restroom. When she was about return, she heard the vocal coach and their teacher talking.

T: How was their practice?
C: They're doing good. Jihyo is really great.
T: How about Jisoo?
C: Well, I think Jihyo can do it alone very well. She outshines her sister.
T: It's already the last day, we can't change the plan.
C: I know. 

Jisoo felt disappointed hearing those words. She felt that because of her, their performance might be ruined. It's true, Jihyo is better than her and she thought that it'll be the best just to let Jihyo do it on her own. Though they have been practicing so much, she's the one who usually makes the mistakes and drag her down.

On the day of the event, Jisoo pretended to be sick. She laid at home and told her sister she couldn't make it. Jihyo told her she won't do it without her but Jisoo insisted that Jihyo should continue.

Jihyo reluctantly agreed and went to their school. She was ushered towards the center stage where she'll be performing. She was really nervous and at the same time bothered because her sister was supposed to be with her on that very stage. She was really a shy girl and doesn't want any attention so being in that stage alone scared her. 

The song began to play and she suddenly out. She forgot the lyrics and just stood there frozen. The audience watching her began to whisper and wondered why she is just standing there. Their noise caused her to snapped out of her trance and she just dropped the mic that she was holding and ran off. From then on, she never again stood in stage  to sing.

*end of flashback

The audience was again shook with the sudden appearance of Jisoo.

"See here! They are tricking you! That girl pretended to be Jisoo! They all lied to you!" The producer shouted.

"Everyone, I'm sorry for runnng away. It was not my sister's fault. She's only protecting me. And thank you for accepting her." Jisoo said as she stood right beside Jihyo.

"As you can see, this guy tried to frame my sister up using her greatest fear. But she overcome it. Now you know how great of a singer and person she is." Jisoo continued. Jihyo teared up hearing her words as they hugged each other.

"Stop this drama! You people should stop supporting them!" The producer tried to provoke the crowd.

Fortunately, it all backfired as the crowd began cheering for the sisters leaving him screaming on his own. The guards took him away and JYP made sure he'll be fired and went to jail with all his wrong doings such as his affair and corruption in the company.

Seeing the t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter