Thoughtful Gestures

Catch A Falling Star

A/N: Okay, before I apologise for not updating, can we all come together and freak out over the fact that Mamamoo and BTOB are having their comeback on the same day? I'm super excited and can't wait to see what they have in store for us this time around and yes, let's not forget my Minbyul heart. *Wipes tears* Life is so beautiful. 

Okay, once again, I'm sorry for not updating. But here's a short one for you all. Stay tuned for more! Oh and I've just recently made a twitter acc to fangirl over Mamamoo and others. So excited!

------------------------------------------

Moonbyul was carefully skimming through one of the shelves in the library. She was looking for a particular book to help her write her report. She picked a book off the shelf and briefly flipped through the index and the chapter she wanted. After a while, she sensed a presence and looked up only to confirm that she was indeed not alone in the aisle. 

Minhyuk gave her a smile and whispered his hello as she turned towards him. She was pleasantly surprise to see him and bowed politely. She raised her eyebrows slightly and sported an adorable smile as if asking him what was he doing there. He gestured to the exit, asking her for a minute of her time. She smiled and nodded in agreement before heading out the aisle.

As they made their way to the exit, Minhyuk watched as Moonbyul grab the book she was flipping through and placed it on the table she was working on, right outside of the aisle. She then continued her walk to the exit where Minhyuk had gestured to earlier. 

"What's up?" Moonbyul asked once they were out of the no talking zone. Minhyuk was worried she'd be upset that he had interrupted her studying but based on her bright eyes and adorable smile, he was relieved that it wasn't the case. 

"I just wanted to say hi." He said adorably smiling at her. "So.. hi." She chuckled and waved at him gently.

"Hi..?" She said back. She then raised her eyebrows at him in a questionning expression, "Is that really all you wanted?"

"Maaaaybe" he said jokingly. He then shook his head and chuckled as he reached into his backpack. He paused then looked at her again, "You're coming to finals right?"

She nodded and lifted her pinky up with a smirk, reminding him that she had promised him a few nights ago that she would be attending his final game of the season. He grinned back at her and took out a few items from his bag.

"I got these for you." He said as he handed her a few neatly packed jerseys, 2 in green and 2 in white. He took in her surprised reaction and smiled kindly at her, "It's the university jersey for supporters. The spectators usually wear it to our games, I thought you and your friends could wear them to the finals." He said smiling. The smile then faded as he realised that he was maybe being a bit too pushy.

"I mean, only if you want to wear one. I'm not saying you absolutely have to but I thought that it would be-"

"Gomawo." She said, cutting him off. She looked up at him and gave him a smile that made him weak in the knees, "This is really thoughtful. Thank you. Of course we'll wear them."

"Really?" He asked as she hugged the jerseys to her chest and nodded. His face broke out into a grin and nodded. "That's great then." 

He hessitated before opening his mouth again, "I'll be wearing green this Saturday." He said, blushing madly. "Just in case you wanted to know."

"I was just about to ask you about the colour." She said as she looked back down to the jerseys again, putting the green one on top. "I'll wear green too then."

He smiled as he stared at her. Could he have fallen any harder for her? She makes his heart flutter in so many ways and all he wants is to be the one who makes her happy for the rest of her life. She looked back at him and was surprise to see him staring at her in such a way. She blushed and touched her face lightly.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" She said quietly, he snapped out of his daze and before smiling kindly. 

"Nothing." He started but his voice came out slightly high. She raised her eyebrows at him and smirked in a 'yeah right!' manner. He cleared his throat and blushed as he said, "Well, uhm, it's just that you look very pretty today." 

This time, it was her turn to blush madly. She looked away and thanked him for his kind words. The two of them stood in comfortable silence for a little while longer until Minhyuk remembered the work she abandoned to come meet him.

"I think I've taken enough of your time." He started as he looked back into the library. "You should go back to your work."

"Nae." She nodded. She cocked her head to one side as she looked at him. "What about you? Weren't you just in?" 

"Oh" he let out as he rubbed the back of his neck, "I wasn't actually doing work. I was just looking for you." He said quietly, avoiding her gaze. 

"Oh." She said blushing as well. She calmed her nerves down before voicing out again, "Well, would you like to join me?"

Did he hear right? Was she actually inviting him to sit and study with her? Would he ever get another chance to if he says no now?

His expression turned from shock and surprised to a handsome smile before nodding at her. He gestured towards the entrance of the library, "Shall we?" 

Moonbyul led the way as Minhyuk followed in toe- remembering to open every door for her. Once they reached the table, they sat down and studied together. 

"Unnie, I'm telling you, he's perfect!" Whee In exclaimed from the sofa as she held a green jersey in one hand and a white in the other, trying to decide which she wanted to wear for the game on Saturday.

That night, Moonbyul told the girls exactly what happened between her and Minhyuk. Their eyes lit up and as usual, they got excited- too excited.

"Byul ah, you do realise that he likes you right?" Solar voiced out as she hugged a cushion to her chest, she was sat on one of the sofas with her legs crossed on it. Moonbyul turned to face her older friend and smiled kindly before shrugging.

"Hurry and pick, which one are you guys wearing?" Moonbyul said, changing the subject. The three girls chuckled and decided to drop it. 

"I want the white one!" Hwasa called raising her arm up and gesturing for Whee In to throw it to her. Whee In did just that and Hwasa caught it nicely. 

"I'll wear the green one then." Whee In said before turning to Solar. "Is that okay with you, Unnie?"

Solar nodded as she went to grab the white jersey from Whee In. They held up their respective jerseys and took time to admire the gift. 

"It was really thoughtful of him to give us these." Solar said, still in awe with Minhyuk's character.

"Really!" Hwasa agreed. 

"Unnie, hurry up and date him already!" Whee In said as she took hold of Moonbyul's arm and started to shake it. Moonbyul groaned in annoyance as the other two started joining in on the pleading as well. It's gonna be a long night.