Dinner Date

Catch A Falling Star

A/N: BEFORE ANYTHING, I am super sorry for not updating. All of my coursework were due this week so it was pretty hectic. But I'm back!

ALSO GUYS! MINBYUL HAPPENED TODAY. SCREAM WITH ME!!!

Okay, leggo!

------------------------------------------------

The girls got home and Hwasa dashed straight to the couch in the living room, grabbed the remote off of the coffee table and tuned in on her drama. She sighed in reliefe as the intro theme started playing, thankful to have not missed anything. She relaxed her back and leant back on the couch, making herself comfortable. 

The other three girls then came into the living room and shook their heads. 

"Hyejin ah, I don't know why you're so obsessed with this show." Solar muttered as she walked through the living room to the kitchen. Moonbyul followed Solar's footsteps to the kitchen, got herself a glass of water and went back to the living room. She was about to follow Solar up the stairs but she caught sight of Hwasa.

Moonbyul stood in view of where Hwasa was sat and held her laughter as she watched the younger girl get too absorbed into the drama- Hwasa was mirror-ing all the characters faces as they arrived to yet another plot twist in the drama. Whee In had sat herself down next to Hwasa as she too watched the drama but she wasn't too into it like some people. Whee In took a glance as she sensed a presence and saw Moonbyul standing there. She grinned cutely to Moonbyul as she patted the seat next to her. Moonbyul chuckled and shook her head. No way was she gonna watch this show. Whee In then did her best puppy dog pout and held her hands together in a pleading manner. Moonbyul groaned silently and sighed before going over to her.

Instead of joining the two maknaes on the couch, she sat down on the ground in between Hwasa and Whee In's legs. She placed her glass on the coffee table and leant her back on the couch seat. She then tried to be a good sport and watch the drama with full interest. After a while, when the storyline didn't suit her taste, she groaned and rested her head on Whee In's lap, silently cursing her for making her join them. Moonbyul kept herself busy by silently playing a game on her phone. She made sure that it was on silent so she wouldn't be disturbing the two. Once in a while, Moonbyul would lift her head up to watch the scenes before dropping it back down to her phone again. 

"You can't come over here anymore." The female lead of the drama said in a firm tone to her lover. "It's not safe for either of us."

"But don't you understand? I need to see you." Came the desperate voice of the male lead. "When can I meet you then?"

"Soon." Replied the female lead before she walked off, leaving the guy alone in a dark and empty street.

"Hmm," Hwasa hummed. It was the first time she had made any sound since the drama started. "If it was Byulie unnie, the line would have been 'you can meet me anytime'."

Whee In laughed and high fived Hwasa as she made her joke and copied the way Moonbyul had spoken to Minhyuk earlier.

"Don't forget the smile she would have given the guy before she left." Whee In then turned to mimic the grin Moonbyul had shot Minhyuk earlier before driving off of university grounds. They laughed some more and Moonbyul was not ammused. 

"Yah!" She said while turning back. The two young girls stopped laughing instantly and gave her innocent smiles as they shrugged. Moonbyul sighed before looking back to her phone. "Just watch the drama." 

The drama lasted for another 3 minutes before showing the preview of the next week's episode. Apparently, the female lead had run away somewhere and showed that she was in distress. It then showed her at a bus station by the payphone.

"I don't know Soo Jung's (male lead) number." The female lead said as she brought both her hands up to her head. "Ottoke!"

"Oh? Unnie!" Hwasa said genuinely shocked at surprised at the scene. "She doesn't know her boyfriend's number too! Just like you!"

"OHHH! Hyejin ah! I was just going to say that! Wah!" Whee In exclaimed shocked that they though of the exact same thing at the exact same moment. She and Hwasa then high fived as they laughed together.

Moonbyul groaned and dropped her head to her hands before she said to no one in particular. "Why me?" 

The two maknaes giggled before sliding to the floor on each side of Moonbyul before hugging her from each side- apologising for the jokes made. 

"Mianhe mianhe. We'll stop now." Hwasa said while she and Whee In were laughing and patting Moonbyul's back.

"How is your boyfriend anyway?" Hwasa said after they had calmed down from teasing Moonbyul. "I saw him the other day but he was with his friend so I didn't say hi or anything."

"Yeah" Whee In said before wrapping her arms around Moonbyul and cutely continuing, "Is your boyfriend treating my unnie right?"

"You know, one of these days, he might hear us calling him Byulie unnie's boyfriend and it might scare him off." Hwasa said as she tilt her head to one side to get a better view of Whee In.

"Mmhmm since their not official yet, he might get the wrong idea. We should be careful." 

"Mmhmm." Whee In hummed.

"Actually," Moonbyul started, gaining their attention. She fidget a bit with her hands before adjusting the way she sat. "You don't have to worry about that anymore."

"Why?" The two maknaes chorused, sending her a curious look.

"Because that title's kinda valid now.." Moonbyul replied quietly as she faught back a blush.

"By kinda you mean..?" Hwasa started as she begin to understand what Moonbyul had been saying.

"No! Really?!" Whee In exclaimed.

"Really?!" Hwasa exclaimed, getting way excited as well.

"What? Whe-Ho-wha-" Whee In tried to form a sentence but failed. She then looked at Hwasa for a brief moment before-

"YONGSUN UNNIE!!!" The two young girls shouted on top of their lungs before running up the stairs to Solar.

It all happen so fast that Moonbyul didn't know what had just happened. After processing the scene that took place moments ago, she jumped to her feet and ran after them. It was deja vu for Moonbyul as it was the date episode all over again. She chuckled to herself and was impressed by her friends' consistency before entering Solar's room and joining in their gossip talk.

Saturday evening arrived, 

"Are you guys sure that this is not too much?" Moonbyul asked nervously as she looked into the mirror again for the 100th time. 

The girls helped her get ready for the date as she had no clue what to wear and she was worried she was a bit overdressed but the girls convinced her that even if they went on a date in the park, her outfit would be sufficient. So it was a safe option. She thought of changing but sighed, it was already sundown and Minhyuk was gonna be there any moment now- there's not turning back.

"Unnie you look fine." Hwasa said as she flipped through the magazine in her hands- secretly smirking at her older friend. So, this is how she is like when she's dating. Hwasa mused as she watched Moonbyul check herself yet again.

Whee In nodded in agreement and made small talk with Moonbyul to get her mind off her looks for a moment. Moonbyul wasn't as nervous as she was last week but Whee In could see that the nerves were still there. Even if it was the slightest bit.

"Unnie, I think Yongsun unnie is making moves on your man." Hwasa said as she smirked, looking outside the window. 

"Huh?" Moonbyul and Whee In rushed over to the window and saw that Solar and Minhyuk were greeting each other. It was nothing more than polite encounter. Moonbyul sighed and poked Hwasa's side."Hyejin ah don't joke around like that."

"I made you wanna fight Yongsun unnie huh?" Hwasa smirked.

"Aniya. Sisters before misters. Always." Moonbyul replied with a smile before grabbing her handbag and heading towards the door. "Cha. I'm off! Be good!"

"Have fun!" The two young girls exclaimed.

Moonbyul walked out the door to the gate where Solar and Minhyuk were and she caught Solar's eyes first as Solar was standing in a location where she could see her clearly. 

"Oh there she is." Solar said as she gestured politely to Moonbyul. Minhyuk turned around and met Moonbyul's eyes, wearing a big smile on his face. 

"Hey." He greeted her slightly awkwardly. She smiled at the situation and greeted him back.

"Hi." She said softly as she arrived in front of him. Solar looked back and fourth between them and smiled at how adorable the two were being. She held back a laugh as she gestured to Minhyuk's car,

"You guys best be on your way." Solar said before directing all her attention to Minhyuk. "Please take good care of her."

"I will." He smiled before glancing to Moonbyul and looking back to Solar. "I'll get her home by midnight."

"You better do or else.." Solar and Moonbyul laughed as Minhyuk chuckled slightly. Solar then excused herself to reenter the house. "Have a nice dinner you two!" 

"Bye now." Minhyuk waved softly as he watched Solar's figure disappaearing into the house before turning back to Moonbyul, he smiled at her again before gesturning to the car,

"So, shall we?" He said softly.

"We shall." She replied, chuckling slightly at herself.

"M'lady." Minhyuk said as he opened the passenger car door for Moonbyul to which Moonbyul giggled softly. 

She thanked him politely before getting in. He closed her door gently before going around to the driver side door. He got in, strapped on his seatbelt as she put hers on as well before starting the engine.

"Ready?" He asked looking over to her. She smiled, nodded and gave him thumbs up. He grinned at how adorable she was as put the car to D before driving off. "Kaja!"

She stole a few glances while he was driving. He had a small smile playing on his face as he hummed softly to the song playing on the radio. At a traffic light, he felt her eyes on him and turned to her. He raised his eyebrows in curiosity as she blushed, embarrassed to have been caught staring.

"Nothing." She shook her head before softly saying, "You just look really happy tonight."

"Really?" He asked as he resumed driving, his eyes never leaving the road and his smile never fading, "It must be because of you."

Moonbyul was conflicted. Half of her wanted to punch him for being extremely cheesy but the other half just wanted to melt at his words. She blushed and stayed quiet before looking outside the window.

"Where are we going?" She asked curiously as she sneaked yet another glance at him.

"It's a surprise." He informed her with a grin to which she smiled back and nodded, looking forward to dine with him tonight. She felt his hand gently grabbed hers as she was looking out the window and froze. She hessitated to hold it back and he noticed.

"Mianhe. Am I moving too fast?" He apologised, letting her hand go as soon as possible. She glanced over to him to see that the smile he wore was no longer on his face and he was wincing at his actions. She felt her heart drop.

"Aniya. It's not that at all." She assured him, not wanting him to misunderstand her. She was thankful that they came across another traffic light where she could reach out for his hand and held it gently. "I just prefer it if you drive safely with both hands on the wheel."

"I uh, wouldn't want anything to happen just because we weren't careful." She explained softly. She gave his hand a gentle squeeze before letting it go and shyly looking back at the road, desperately trying to hold back a blush, "We can hold hands all night after that."

His lips broke out into a smile before he gave her a mischievious grin. He placed both his hands back on the steering wheel and resumed driving as the lights change. "All night? Arasso."

Moonbyul blushed slightly as she recalled her words. Instead, she talked about her day and what Hwasa had said to her yesterday while watching the drama which made him laugh. He was really happy that her friends seemed to like him as well. It made him feel hopeful for some reason. He continued to drive and converse with her as they made their way to the restaurant. After a few minutes, he made a turn and parked his car directly infront of the restaurant he chose for tonight.

"Here we are!" He announced as he switched off the engine, unbuckle his seatbelt and got out of the car. Moonbyul looked towards the restaurant and was relieved that she had chosen the right outfit for tonight. However, she did bite her lip uneasily as she thought of the restaurant, before she could have a debate with herself in her head, Minhyuk opened her side door like the gentleman he is and escorted her into the restaurant

"Reservation for Lee Minhyuk please." He said to the waiter by the counter.

"Right this way." The waiter led them to their table and was about to pull out a chair for the lady but Minhyuk beat him to it and pulled out a chair for Moonbyul to sit. Moonbyul blushed and thanked him before sitting down. Minhyuk then took his seat opposite her. The waiter subtly gave Minhyuk an approving nod before grinning and handing them the menus. "Please don't hessitate to call me when you're ready."

"Thank you" the two said to the waiter. Minhyuk's eyes went to the menu in hand but Moonbyul looked around the restaurant and bit her lip before looking back at him. He had insisted last night when he called that their dinner date was on him. She placed a hand on top of his to get his attention. He looked up at her with wondering pupils and a kind smile to which she smiled shyly in return.

"This place is really nice." She started nervously and shyly, before continuing. "Are you sure it's okay?"

"Don't even worry about it." He smiled as he flipped his hand to grip hers and gave it a gentle squeeze before letting it go again so she could go through the menu comfortably. "So, what would it be?"

He look to her again as he ate, she was occupied, listening to the live band that was playing. Her eyes were filled with excitement and happiness as she watched them play.

"Byul ah." Her heart stopped. She then got a hold of herself but failed to contain the goofy smile that was creeping to her lips. She was really thankful that he was starting to speak comfortably with her. It was such a small gesture but it made her heart flutter like never before.

"Yes?" She said softly, turning back to him and meeting his eyes.

"You look beautiful tonight." He said just above a whisper. Her heart beat faster when he said that. The sincerity his tone held made her heart soar and she blushed slightly and continued smiling.

Dinner carried on pleasantly for both parties as they dined and made small talk with each other. Although they have both agreed to establish a relationship, it was still in the early stages and both were still shy and awkward but both Minhyuk and Moonbyul were thankful that they were getting more and more comfortable with one another.

After dinner, Minhyuk was about to head for the car when he felt her tug his arm back. He turned to her and raised his eyebrows. She gave him an innocent smile before lacing her fingers through his. 

"Why don't we walk for a bit-" she suggested kindly gesturing to the walking trail. "I hear it's good for digestion."

He chuckled and nodded at her before holding her hand even firmer, "Nae."

They walked slowly as they talked to each other about their week and about anything that came to mind. After a while of walking, Minhyuk watched as Moonbyul approached a tree on the side of the trail, letting go of his hand in the process. She gently leant her back on the trunk of the tree and looked up at the sky. Minhyuk approached her slowly and followed her gaze.

"The stars are shining brightly tonight, aren't they.." she said softly before addressing him comfortably, "oppa?" 

His eyes snapped up to her. Did she just..? It's not like no one calls him comfortably- many people, majority even, do. But there was just something about the way she did it that made his heart beat faster and slower at the same time.

Moonbyul on the other hand never took her eyes off of the sky. She had to hold back her laughter though, she knew it was just a small gesture but was really thankful that Minhyuk had noticed and appreciated it. Her eyes darted towards him for a split second. She noticed how Minhyuk's attention was only on her now, he extended his arm and placed his palm on the tree trunk behind her before leaning slightly closer to her.

"Say that again?" He said out loud. Moonbyul turned to him, wearing a mask of confusion before smiling softly to her.

"The stars.." she started, holding back a smirk as she saw his expression getting more and more desperate, "they're shining bright." 

"Aniya. Say it again." He repeated, calmly. He knew that she knew what he was referring to. He knew that she was aware of the affect she had on him.

"Hmm?" She said avoiding his gaze, her eyes still roaming the night sky with an innocent yet mischievious glint in them.

"Say it please." He playfully whined like a little kid. She giggled at his antics before shrugging innocently.

"Say what?" She asked, still avoiding his gaze. Her lips shook, wanting so badly to grin like a mad person. She was so enjoying this. He took a step closer to her and held one of her hands with his free one.

"Byul ah." He said just above a whisper, looking into her eyes. Her eyes soften following his actions. She decided that she should end his misery. Her eyes met his and she gently squeezed his hand.

"What is it, oppa?" She asked softly with a kind smile playing on her lips. She hadn't missed the way his eyes lit up abd how his face slowly broke out into a love sick grin. They stayed like that for a few moments and she blushed as she realised how close they were before giving his hand a gentle squeeze and pushing her back off of the tree, "Come on, you promised Yongsun unnie you'd get me home before midnight."

She proceeded to walk back to the car, pulling him along with her. He smiled at the whole situation, he was really falling for her.

They arrived back to the girls' house and Minhyuk walked her up to the door holding her hand. Moonbyul stopped before the door and turned around to face him.

"Thank you for dinner." Moonbyul said with a smile. "I had a nice time."

"Me too." Minhyuk said looking into her eyes. It was quiet for a moment before he softly said, "Is it bad that I don't want to leave?"

Moonbyul grinned cheesily before giving her response. "Is it bad that I feel the same?" Minhyuk mirrored her grin and swung their connected hands slightly.

"You should go in now, it's getting cold." He said as he gestured to the door.

"Nae." Moonbyul nodded. "Have a safe journey home."

"Yes maam. I'll call you." He informed her while swinging their hands again.

"I'll answer." She mimicked his tone with a grin as she squeezed his hand. He laughed at how cute she was being. She gestured to his car, "I'll see you off. Go ahead."

"It's like you're trying to get rid of me." Minhyuk said with a mock sad face. She giggled and hit his shoulder with her free hand.

"Aniya. I just don't want you to go home any later." She explained.

"That's the same thing." He laughed, loving the fact that they're getting more and more comfortable with each other.

"Ok, so maybe I am." She said giving in- her smile still wide on her lips. "But only because it's getting late."

"Arasso. I'll get going now." He said with a smile. He gave her hand one last squeeze before letting it go and slowly retreating back to his car. "Sweet dreams, Byul ah." 

"Good night oppa." She waved from the door. She giggled as she saw him give out a cheesy, love sick grin as he brought his hand up to his heart. Before he could say anything, she shooed him off again while chuckling, "Gooo!"

He chuckled as he got into the car. He started the engine and drove off but not before giving her a wave. After he drove off, she entered through the front door. She closed the door behind her, leant on it and sighed.

'Today was a good day'