Hearts on Sleeves

Catch A Falling Star

"YONG SUN UNNIEEEEEE!!" Whee In yelled as she sprinted out the door of her bed room. 

"Yah!" Moonbyul called, hot behind her tail. "Get back here!"

Whee In was just finished with her assignment that Friday night and was tidying up her room when Moonbyul entered. They talked for a while before Moonbyul decided to drop the bombshell on her. The only reaction Moonbyul got from Whee In was her eyes going wide before she ran out the door. She chased Whee In but failed to catch her as she entered Solar's room and slammed the door on Moonbyul before locking it. Solar, who was on her bed jumped in shock as Whee In did that. She unplugged her earphones. She heard Moonbyul muttering incoherant words outside and gave Whee In a puzzled look.

"DID YOU HEAR? DID SHE TELL YOU? SHE DIDN'T, DID SHE? YAY I GET TO TELL YOU. THIS IS SO EXCITING!" Whee In exclaimed excitedly. Solar got up and grabbed Whee In's shoulder before shaking her. 

"Whee In ah!" She exclaimed to get Whee In's attention. "What is going on?" Whee In gave her a smirk before telling her the whole story about Moonbyul's eventful day. 

The two of them stormed out of Solar's room and headed to find Moonbyul who retreated to her room after she was locked out. Whee In banged on Hwasa's door telling her to come join the fun. She filled Hwasa in on the big picture as they made their way to Moonbyul's room. 

Moonbyul wasn't surprise when those ahjummas barged into her room, one of them wearing a smirk and the other two with curious, excited and wondering eyes. She sighed and motioned for them to join her on the bed. 

"Yes, he asked me out. Yes, I said yes. Yes, it's sweet I know. Yes, I'm excited." She said in robot like tone. The three girls squeeled as they heard it. Moonbyul covered her ears and scrunched up her face at the sudden noise. 

"Byulie ah, you don't have to act so cool. Let it out." Solar said as she scooted closer to Moonbyul and shook her lap. 

"Yeah! Come on, we know you're dying to." Whee In continued, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Seriously unnie, you're not fooling anyone." Hwasa said cooly. She then smirked at Moonbyul, "Besides, the blush on your face gives everything away."

Moonbyul's expression slowly turned from an 'it's no big deal' look to a shade of dark red and then to the widest grin they have ever seen Moonbyul sport. She let out a happy laugh and bounced her body on the bed. 

"HE ASKED ME OUT!" She finally let out. The four of them were clapping and laughing on the bed showing their super girly side. Such a rare sight to see.

The next day, they left the house excited and ready to watch Minhyuk's big game. They each wore the jerseys Minhyuk gave them proudly, happy to show their school spirit. Whee In had insisted that they get there early to find good seats so she could watch the game properly. 

They settled themselves on the stands and waited for the game to start. They cheered along with the home and away crowd as the players came on to the field. She managed to catch Minhyuk's eye and gave him a fighting gesture that made him laugh and smile before the first whistle. "

To kick off we go!" Announced the commentator.

"COME ON GUYS! WE DIDN'T COME TO LOSE! YOU CAN DO THIS!" Whee In yelled from the stands.

"Whee In ah. Whee In ah," Solar reached out to her younger friend carefully and with caution. She got Whee In's attention by grabbing one of her arms. Whee In looked down and raised her eyebrows, "I think you should calm down. The game just started."

Whee In sighed and bent down so her eyes were in level with Solar's. She placed a hand of Solar's shoulder.

"Unnie, if you don't start strong, you won't finish strong. So.." she said as if she was talking to a child before straightening her posture again and facing the field. "FIGHTING!!!"

As the game went on, Solar and Hwasa could've sworn that this game has got to be one of the moments where they were most embarrassed by Whee In. But they had to admit that her actions made the audience more lively as they would follow her chants and cheers. Besides, try as they might, there was no stoping the heung captain. Moonbyul on the other hand, would have been just as embarrass had she noticed what was going on. But did she? No, she didn't.

She had been quiet ever since the start of the game, she sat on her seat with a soft smile plastered on her face and her eyes never leaving a particular player on the field. She would occasionally clap and shout encouraging words when their university was attacking or even when the keeper manages to make a save. She also found herself holding in her breath whenever Minhyuk had the ball like a nervous girlfriend.

The game was down to its final 5 minutes and the score was tied 5 - 5. Minhyuk was looking strong as he attacked down to the opponents side goal only to get tackled by on of the defenders. The referee blew the whistle and called it a foul, allowing Minhyuk to gain a penalty kick. 

"Oooooh"s "Kwenchana"s, "Fighting"s and other words of encouragement were muttered by the home crowd as they clapped for the university team.

"THANK YOU! GOOD CALL" Whee In yelled clapping her hands and acting as if she was the manager of the team. Hwasa covered her face out of embarrassment as Whee In continued her antics. "COME ON MINHYUK SSI!"

Minhyuk placed the ball on the ground and took a few steps back before charging forward and kicking the ball. The crowd went wild as Minhyuk managed to shoot in a goal allowing the home team to take the lead. 

In the final minute of the game, the home team managed to keep their lead and even made it wider when Tae scored another goal. As soon as the final whistle blew, the home crowd went wild. They had won! The players celebrated with each other on the field and congratulated the runner ups. 

Minhyuk eyes caught the four of them on the bleachers and he smiled and waved. He was grinning madly, happy to have won the season. They waved back and gave him thumbs up as Solar kept nudging Moonbyul's shoulder suggestively and annoyingly. But Moonbyul didn't care. She just took it with a kind smile along with a blush. She was so proud of him. Meanwhile.. 

"MINHYUKSSI CONGRATULATIONS! I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT!" Whee In exclaimed. Minhyuk was still impressed and surprised with her volume but he chuckled as gave her thumbs up before bowing politely and rejoining his teammates on the field. 

"Yah stop it! You're gonna make me go deaf!" Hwasa said as she slapped Whee In on the arm repeatedly. 

"Nae. Mianhe." Whee In said taking a seat and disguising herself as a calm person. "I got a bit excited."

"A bit?!" Solar and Hwasa asked in unison. Whee In pouted playfully at the two. 

"Well, Byulie unnie didn't complain." She replied, defending herself. 

"She was distracted." Hwasa smirked.

"Yah! I'm sitting right here." Moonbyul said with a warning tone. Solar slung her arms protectively around Moonbyul.

"Leave Byulie alone." She defended before smirking. "It's not her fault she was drooling over the striker, probably day dreaming about their date tomorrow and wondering how good he'll look during their wedding." 

"Ah really, all of you.." Moonbyul sighed and grumbled under her breath.

They stayed until after the throphy giving ceremony and was just about to head to their car when someone stopped them. Minhyuk ran up the bleachers wearing a fresh jersey and stood before them. They bowed politely to him before congratulating him on his wins. 

"Kamsahamnida. Thank you for coming. I really really appreciate it!" He bowed his head politely. 

"It's no problem" Solar spoke first.

"Yeah, we had a lot of fun!" Came Moonbyul's reply. 

"Yeah you could tell by Whee In's cheering that it was a really lively game!" Hwasa smirked and Minhyuk let out a chuckle before stepping forward and high fiving Whee In thanking her for her cheers.

"And thank you for these." Whee In gestured to the jerseys they were wearing. She then realised everyone was matching. "We should take a picture together! All of us."

"Nae. Why not?" Minhyuk said as he nodded his head and smiled politely. They then got ready to take a selfie by adjusting their appearances, position and whatever else that was necessary.

Solar held her selfie stick up and counted to three before snapping a picture of the 5 of them. They thanked Minhyuk for the picture and was about to talk some more before Solar quickly requested for another picture. 

"Wait wait, could I take one of just you and Byulie?"

"Unnie.." Moonbyul started. Seriously, she chooses now to play the embarrassing mother role?

"Nae! I'd be more than happy to." Came Minhyuk's excited reply to Solar's request before turning to Moonbyul. "If that's alright with you?" 

Hwasa and Whee In tried hard to contain themselves from squeeling, screaming or anything as they watched Moonbyul and Minhyuk's interactions. The watched as Moonbyul and Minhyuk posed for the camera and laughed silently when Moonbyul gave Solar a threatening glare when she kept telling them to move closer. Gosh, weren't they glad they weren't Moonbyul right then.

After the picture was taken and they talked for a bit more. The 3 girls headed off to the car to give Minhyuk and Moonbyul some privacy. 

"Sorry about YongSun unnie." She apologised once they were out of earshot. Minhyuk shook his head and waved his hand. 

"Don't be. I like all of them. I can tell that you're all really close and that you have a special bond." Minhyuk said as he smiled kindly at her before blushing a bit. "Besides, I'm really thankful that Solar suggested it. I was going to but.. I chickened out completely."

Moonbyul smiled and blush at the last line he said before looking away shyly. She then saw that the celebration was still going on on the field. Minhyuk's teammates goofing around, dancing and taking pictures with the throphy and with each other. 

"So are you guys celebrating tonight?" Moonbyul voiced out. 

"Nae. We're going to dinner and then maybe Tae's place to relax and have a little celebration. Just between the guys." He replied. She nodded her head understandingly and smiled.

"I hope you have a good time. You deserved it!" She told him. "It must be one of the best days for you guys." 

"Hmm.." he started thinking hard. Moonbyul raised her eyebrows at him and watched as he smirked. "I think, for me, there's a high chance that today won't even come close to tomorrow." 

"Really?" She said trying to control her rapidly beating heart. "So, we'll know by the end of tomorrow then?" 

"Nae." He nodded. They stood there smiling at one another before he saw her eyes darting to the exit area. "You should go. Your friends are probably waiting."

"I think they might be dying out of hunger by now. We haven't had lunch" She chuckled and he joined her. "So I'll see you tomorrow at the fair?" 

"I'll pick you up" he said and before she could open , "I insist. What time shall I come over?"

She smiled and was touched by his gentleman-ness, she's never been treated in such a way by a guy before. He made it clear that he was interested in her and didn't care that he wore his heart on his sleeves for the world to see. She appreciated that detail a lot and it made her a bit more brave to show her feelings as well. 

"11? 10?" She shrugged before blushing like a tomato. "The earlier the better."

"And why is that?" Minhyuk asked with a grin. He watched as Moonbyul looked away and smiled adorably at the ground before muttering. 

"Then, we'll get to spend more time together." 

His heart was soaring, his heart was flying. He felt incredibly happy hearing her say that. He was thankful that she was also showing him that his feelings aren't one sided. He doubted that she didn't feel anything for him but there was still that possibility lingering around. So, it put his heart at ease hearing those words leave . He felt much more confident that the feeling is almost mutual between them. 

"10 then!" He said excitedly. "Bright and early." 

"Bright and early." She agreed. She then gestured to the exit before she smiled adorably at him and gave him a polite bow. "I'll see you tomorrow?" 

"Can't wait." He replied smoothly as he watched her leave. "Take care!"

"You too!" She called as she reached the exit.