Growing

Catch A Falling Star

A/N: I am super sorry for the late update. I was recovering from being vocally slayed by BTOB and MAMAMOO. Which reminds me, I need to fangirl with you all for a while. 

BTOB AND MAMAMOO HAVE MADE COMEBACK, PEOOOOPLEEEE! IT IS EVERYTHING I HOPED FOR AND MORE.

BTOB IS ON FIRE THIS COMEBACK AND IT MAKES ME SO HAPPY TO SEE THAT THEY'RE GETTING THE RECOGNITION THEY DESERVE. DID YOU SEE THE MV?! DID YOU?!?! AND THE ALBUMMM!!! IF YOU HAVE, I FEEL YOU! IF YOU HAVEN'T.. PLEASE BE SURE THAT YOU'RE PHYSICALLY, MENTALLY AND EMOTIONALLY READY FOR IT. IT IS AMAAAAYYYYYYYZZZZZAAAANG!

MAMAMOO! MAMA-FREAKIN'-MOO! THEY SOOOOO KNOW THAT THEY'RE GIVING US BREATHING PROBLEMS AND THEY LOVE IT. DECALCOMANIE IS SUCH AN AMAZING SONG! THIS IS THEIR BEST COMEBACK YET!! AND THEIR ALBUM.. IS JUST.. I CAN'T. I'M GONNA CRY. I CRIED ALREADY. I'LL CRY SOME MORE FOR SURE. IT'S BEYOND AMAZING. THEY NEVER DISAPPOINT. THEY'VE COME A LONG WAY AND I'M SO PROUD OF THESE GIRLS. 

Be sure to give them your love and let's hope for some BTOMOO interactions this time around. Here's an update for my lovely readers so you'll know this story is far from over. I will be updating again soon. Please look forward to it! 

-----------------------------------

"Byulie unnie! Wake up! Get up! Time to get ready!" Whee In exclaimed as she went into Moonbyul's room and jumped on to the bed. Moonbyul's eyes opened wide and realised what was going on before reaching over to her side table and grabbing her phone. She groaned and laid back down on her pillow.

"Whee In ah, it's still early." She said as Whee In jumped off her bed. Moonbyul sat up and rubbed her eyes before turning her attention to Whee In who was bouncing slightly, all hyped up for some reason. 

"It is? Mianhe unnie. My bad." Whee In replied she said spinning around before jumping back on Moonbyul's bed facing Moonbyul's sleepy face. Moonbyul's eyebrows creased as she leant closer to Whee In. She reached over to her side table and got a tissue.

"Did you eat already? Goodness you're messy sometimes." Moonbyul said as she brushed her tissue against Whee In's lips, wiping off what seemed to be food smudges. "Is this cake?"

"Ngehehehee" Whee In let out a weird sound then shrugged before grinning sheepishly. She then jumped off the bed and sprinted out of Moonbyul's room- leaving the door open- before Moonbyul could react.

"GUY! WHEE IN'S EXPERIENCING SUGAR RUSH AGAIN!" Moonbyul exclaimed as she snuggled into her bed again, not really caring whether or not Hwasa and Solar had heard her.

"I know." Came a voice by her door. Moonbyul looked up and saw Hwasa with a toothbrush in her hand and her towel slung over her shoulders, a murderous look on her face. "Trust me, I know."

Moonbyul watched as Hwasa walked out of sight to what seemed like the direction of the bathroom. 'Well, someone got up on the wrong side of the bed', Moonbyul thought.

Speaking of which, Moonbyul realised she was hugging something soft and small in her arms. She lifted it up and saw a bear. She smiled as memories of yesterday's date with Minhyuk came flooding back. The fair, the rides, the talks, the laughs, the cafe, the hand holding and everything. He even got the girls something to show his gratitude towards them. Moonbyul chuckled as she recalled seeing their faces smushed to the window, trying to spy on her date when Minhyuk dropped her off yesterday evening.

The girls were super excited and came rushing to the door once she entered, bombarding her with questions before she even closed the front door. They got way more excited when Moonbyul gave them the cakes Minhyuk got for them. Hwasa ate hers straight after when they were talking about the date while Solar and Whee In saved theirs for later. 'Ah, that explains Whee In this morning, then.' Moonbyul thought briefly. She snuggled back under the covers but was disappointed when her alarm rang seconds later. Moonbyul groaned and got up to get ready for the day.

The girls arrived at the university earlier than usual that morning, much thanks to Whee In. Moonbyul parked the car and they walked together to the main building of the university, chatting amongst themselves. 

"Good morning ladies." A voice greeted from behind them. They turned around and came face to face with Minhyuk and bowed politely, greeting him back. 

"Oh Minhyukssi, we were just talking about you." Whee In said as a smirk played on her lips. 

"Oh really?" He said with his eyes wide before smiling nervously at her. "All good things, I hope." 

"Of course. Just how great of a guy you are." Whee In said light heartedly. 

"Smart move, trying to win the best friends over. Touche." Hwasa joked as she lifted her fist up for a fist bump which he happily gave. "I didn't see it coming." Minhyuk's cheeks turned red before grinning cheekily.

"The cake worked then?" He joked back, causing the girls to laugh. Moonbyul was really happy that he was getting along well with them. It only makes dating him that much more special. 

"Jokes aside, thank you for the cakes. They were delicious." Solar said once the laughter died down before turning back to Whee In. "Wasn't it, Whee In ah?"

"Nae. It was very thoughtful of you." Whee In said cheerfully.

"Thank you." Hwasa thanked as she bowed slightly. "And thank you for taking good care of Byulie unnie." 

"It was my pleasure." Minhyuk said sincerely as he briefly made eye contact with Moonbyul and smiled at her. The girls again, had to contain themselves from squealing as they saw that small moment.

"Oh look at the time!" Hwasa said as she glanced to her wrist watch before, giving Solar and Whee In a subtle signal. "We better head to class now, Whee In ah."

"Nae. We'll be going now. It was nice seeing you again." Whee In said as she bowed her head slightly and allowed herself to be pulled away by Hwasa before turning over her shoulder again. "Yongsun unnie, you coming?" 

"Nae." She nodded. She bid farewell to both Moonbyul and Minhyuk before following Whee In and Hwasa. 

Moonbyul and Minhyuk watched as the girls left. They turned back to each other and smiled shyly once the girls were out of sight. 

"Hi." He greeted her shyly.

"Hi." She greeted back just as shyly. "How are you?" 

She wanted so badly to smack herself. Was that seriously the best thing she could have come up with? She watched as he broke into a grin and adjusted his backpack. 

"I've been good." Minhyuk replied before mischieviously smiling at Moonbyul. "Aren't you tired?"

"Me? Tired?" She repeated. Her eyebrows shot up then it creased as she looked back up at him with a curious expression. "Why would I be tired?"

"You've been running through my mind all day."

He snickered at the silly pick up line and laughed when he saw her cover her eyes in embarrassment that he actually said it out loud. She laughed along with him and gently hit his arm. 

"That was so cheesy!" 

"Mianhe. I read it somewhere once and thought of it just now." He said still chuckling lightly at himself. His voice then turned softer and slower as he confessed, "But it's true, you have been on my mind." 

She smiled up to him and leant closer before whispering, "Same here." 

"Come on. I'll walk you to class." He said as he gestured for her to lead the way. They made small talk as they walked together, occasionally letting their shoulders bump together. 

Their relationship progressed at a comfortable pace since their date. Minhyuk would walk her to class if he had time, they would meet up in the library to study together after classes ended and Minhyuk would sometimes join Moonbyul and the girls during lunch. 

A few days later, he saw Moonbyul sitting by herself on one of the lunch tables, revising her notes. He smiled to himself before joining her. As soon as he sat down, she gave him a bright smile. 

"Hello you." He greeted her. She greeted him back and kept smiling at him. He noticed and raised his eyebrows at her. She shook her head lightly before looking away then looking back to him again.

"May I borrow your phone?" She asked politely. He nodded and gave it to her without hessitation. He then proceeded to eat his lunch while watching her.

He watched as she swiped and tapped the screen with interest. She then pressed call and patiently look to her phone that was on the table. Once it lit up, she tapped Minhyuk's screen and her phone stopped lighting up. She continued to tap the screen. Her facial expressions turned hessitant and it looked like she was thinking hard before tapping the screen again. She looked to the screen for a brief moment before she handed the phone back to him, smiling sweetly. 

"Thank you." She said sweetly. Minhyuk looked at her with an amused expression and raised his eyebrows. She blushed and gave an innocent smile.

"You're welcome." He said taking back his phone. After seeing her expression though, he couldn't help but feel curious as to what she had done. 

He swiped the screen and entered the calls list. He smiled and laughed realised that she had saved her own number in his phone as 'Byul' with a heart next to it. 

"You saved your number in my phone?" He said as he looked back at her and raised his eyebrows. She let out an adorable grin before shrugging. 

"My friends and I had take out last night from the place you recommended when we went out the other day. You said it was nice and it really was." She started to explain. "I wanted to tell you about it but I realised I didn't have your number." 

His heart beated faster. Even though it was just a small thing, she wanted to share it with him. It made him feel.. cherished. He was brought out of his thoughts when Moonbyul spoke up again. 

"I even tried asking Hyejin and Whee In for your number since you guys are in the same course." She said as she grabbed her water bottle and chuckled before continuing, "But all I got was them yelling at me, not able to believe that I don't have my own boyfriend's phone number."

Boyfriend. Boyfriend. Boyfriend. Minhyuk's eyes widened a bit at her words and if it was even possible, he swears his heart was beating even faster. Maybe she was just quoting what the two girls said and not actually meaning it.

She noticed that he seemed a bit tense suddenly and she looked around the cafeteria carefully before moving slightly closer to him and placing a gentle hand on his arm. 

"Are you ok?" Moonbyul asked in a worried tone, bringing him out of his thoughts.

"Nae nae." He said snapping out of it. He then smiled kindly at her, "I just remembered something I forgot to do. Don't worry about it. It's fine."

Moonbyul smiled at him and realised her hand still on his arm. She gave it a gentle squeeze and let it go before gesturing to his tray, "You should eat before it gets cold."

After dinner that night, Moonbyul decided that she was not going to be revising as she was feeling a little bit tired from the day and decided to just have a lazy evening. She sat in bed with her comforter covering her up to her waist and a pillow on her lap as she read a book. As she finished reading a chapter, her phone rang. She reached over to her side table and grabbed it before checking the screen. She smiled as Minhyuk's name appeared.

"Yoboseyo?" She greeted, trying to sound casual and calm. Her heart rate increased slightly as she realised it was the first time they were communucating over the phone. She held her breath and bit her lip as she set her book down on the bed. 

"Hi." Minhyuk's voice came through the line. A bit nervous and slightly hessitant. "Mianhe. I couldn't resist calling." 

"Don't be sorry." She said softly. She then hugged her knees to her chest and breathed out. "Have you eaten?"

"Nae. Have you?" He replied. She nodded then realise he couldn't see her. She blushed at her sillyness before replying. 

"Nae. Solar-ssi cooked pasta for the whole house just now." She informed him. "It was surprisingly very good." She chuckled. 

He smiled as he heard her laugh. He would do anything to hear it 24/7. "Really? That was nice of her." 

"Mmhmm." She hummed. She then recalled all the times the girls had cooked for each other. How lucky she was to have her sisters by her side all the time. "It's nice to have housemates who are great cooks."

"Agreed. My housemate's an amazing cook!" She could hear his smile over the phone. He was so excited to share about his housemate. She has no doubt that he adores his friends as much as she adores hers. "Well I expect nothing less from a cullinary art student. Did I mention he was top in his class?" 

"Jinjja? Woah. That's really impressive." She replied.

"Nae." He said affirmatively. He then got quiet for a few seconds before voicing up again, "M-maybe I should learn a thing or two from him so I can cook a meal for you one day."

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid! He thought as he was incredibally tempted to know his head on the hardest surface he could find. He was sure that she was going to think that he was being overly forward or crazy or something along those lines. He blamed everything on her. If she wasn't so.. perfect, he wouldn't be a mess in front of her all the time.

She swears her heart almost stopped after hearing his words. She was surprised at his sudden suggestion but took it in a good way. She thought it was very sweet of him to be want to do special things for her. She grabbed the teddy bear he won for her during the fair and hugged it to her chest.

"That would be very nice." She replied after his words had sunk in. She heard him release what seemed to be a breath of relief before his reply came.

"Well then, I will work hard to make it nice." He promised. He had said the last part in a silly tone and she could picture the grin he was sporting even though she couldn't see him. She laughed slightly before hugging the bear even tighter.

"I'll look forward to it then." She replied in a soft tone, making his heart skip a beat.

He smiled then looked at the wall clock in his room and realised that she might want to do other things by now. He knew that if he didn't hang up soon, the work load he had would only increase come tomorrow. And most importantly, he didn't want her to feel uncomfortable with him. 

"I wish I could talk longer." He started, letting out a sigh. "But I have some work to complete."

"Kwenchana. I was just gonna head to bed actually." She said as she leant her back on the bed post before sighing tiredly. "It's been a long day."

"Ah, really?" He said with a pinch of guilt. He rubbed the back of his neck and clutched the phone tighter. "I'm sorry to have kept you up."

"Aniya aniya. I'm glad you called." She said quickly, not wanting him to misunderstand. "It's the perfect ending to my day. Really. Thank you."

He smiled and felt his heart literally melting there and then. He cleared his throat and took a deep breath before wishing her good night.

"I'm glad." He said, a smile creeping back on his lips. "Well, I better go now. I'll see you tomorrow? Sweet dreams, Byulssi."

"Good night."