Nothing Compares

Catch A Falling Star

A/N: Okay beautiful people, I am soooo sorry for the lack of updates and if this chapter disappoints. I will work hard to write better in the future. Do comment your twitter username below if you haven't!

And and and, MAMAMOO and BTOB comeback is in a few days. I AM NOT READY! 

-------------------------------

It was morning, Sunday morning and the girls are already up? Again, what a sight! They were sitting in their living room, talking to each other while waiting for Minhyuk to arrive. After a while, Whee In left to go to the toilet. 

"You going on a date makes me nervous." Whee In said before her eyes widened in realisation. "I need to pee!"

"Arhhhh!" Moonbyul groaned as she looked towards the ceiling and rubbed her hands together.

"Why why?" Solar asked, a little shocked by Moonbyul's sudden rise in volume.

"The nerves are kicking in." Moonbyul said in despair as she leant back on the sofa and cover her eyes with her hands. "Ottoke!"

The girls laughed slightly at their friend who was close to having a mental breakdown. Moonbyul was always the calm, cool and collected one out of the four of them, so it was a pretty intriguing sight for the three of them. 

"Kwenchana. Just be yourself." Hwasa said with a smile. As much as she wanted to tease Moonbyul but she knew that Moonbyul needed a friend rather than an annoying maknae.

"Byul ah, Byul ah." Solar called as she pulled Moonbyul's arm. "Relax. He likes you for who you are. You've got nothing to worry about."

"See, I know that in theory but-" Moonbyul started to protest before getting cut off by Hwasa.

"Trust us, unnie." Hwasa said kindly. Moonbyul let out a sigh of relief and nodded then she thanked her friends for calming her nerves. However, that didn't last long because once the clock striked 10 am, 

"He's here he's here he's here!" Whee In exclaimed repeatedly as she rushed back into the living room. The girls all went to the window and saw that Minhyuk was just getting out from his car to ring the door bell.

"I'll be at the door." Hwasa said in a definitive tone. "I like greeting people."

At the sound of the bell, Moonbyul's heart beated like a drum and she could have sworn that Solar had heard it because the next thing she knew was Solar had looped her arm through hers and whispered,

"Just be yourself." Before giving Moonbyul's arm a gentle squeeze. "And have fun." 

Moonbyul smiled gratefully, took a breath, stood up and smoothened her clothes. Did she look alright?

"Unnie." Whee In voiced out. Moonbyul's eyes met hers and she raised her eyebrows at the younger girl. "You look really pretty." 

Moonbyul smiled and ruffled Whee In's hair before excusing herself to go on her date. She made her way to the front door where she saw Hwasa talking to Minhyuk. 

"If you mistreat her, I promise I'll-" Moonbyul heard Hwasa's threatening start. She quickly reached them and stopped Hwasa before she could continue. 

"Hyejin ah! Thank youuu!" She said cheerfully. "I'll take it from here!" Moonbyul was slightly nudging Hwasa away from the door, wishing she would go back in. Hwasa turned back to Minhyuk and gave him a withering gaze. 

"Remember what we talked about." She said before going back inside. Once her maknae was out of earshot, she turned back to Minhyuk nervously. 

"I'm so sorry about Hyejin. She's usually really sweet and I don't know what has gotten in to her today. Maybe it's because I haven't been out-" she rambled before she was stopped by Minhyuk who gave her an adoring look.

"It's really okay. She was just playing actually." He grinned as if to say he and Hwasa were in on it together. "But even if she wasn't, I had expected a few warnings since I'm taking you out."

"I'm glad." She said softly. "I was worried she'd scare you away." They laughed together for a while. As the laughter died down, Minhyuk looked at her adoringly once again.

"You look beautiful today." She smiled kindly, blushing like mad before turning away shyly and thanking him for the compliment. He then gestured to his car, "Shall we?"

She nodded and smiled before walking to the car. It was no surprise he opened the car door for her but it still made her heart flutter. 

As the were driving, he noticed that he was a very good driver and he didn't get mad easily at the road users who didn't follow the proper driving method. He was what she would call a defensive driver. For some reason, she really liked that.

"Have you eaten?"

"Nae. The girls and I got up really early today so we had breakfast together. It was light though." She answered as she recalled the three of them syncronising their watches and alarms the night before in order not to miss her first date. "What about you?"

"I have. I got up early too." He confessed as he glance tp her and smiled for a quick second. "I guess I was just really excited to start the day."

They continued to talk about their interests and were slowly learning new things about each other. She learned that he was originally under a sports scholarship to do sports science but since his grades were over the required standard, he was able to choose whatever course he wished. 

He loved sports but he didn't want to make a career out of it. He had other dreams and other things he wanted to achieve as well. Moonbyul nodded her head understandingly as he shared stories with her. She felt very happy that there was no awkwardness between them and that he was comfortable enough to share things about himself with her.

"My father wanted at least one of my siblings to be an engineer. Doesn't matter which major. I gave it a try and fell in love with the subject and everything." She answered when he asked her why she was taking the course she did. "Since I was younger, my father has always spoke great things about the engineers that he worked with. I think that engineers are pretty special to him."

"Well, I'm glad you're loving what you do." He said as he smiled at her, briefly taking his eyes of the road for a second before turning back. "And I think your father and I are a bit similar. A teeny bit."

She saw it coming from a mile away but she didn't dread it. He was going to say something incredibly cheesy and sweet and it would make her cringe if it was anyone else but when he's the one, it'll just make her heart melt again. She looked over to him and waited for him to continue. 

"This future engineer's pretty special to me." He said, never taking his eyes off the road and his ears turning super red. Despite seeing it coming, she still blushed.

They carried on talking between themselves for the ramaining journey. Moonbyul failed to contain her excitement as she realised they reached their destination.

Moonbyul has always loved amusement parks eversince she was a child. It was a place she remembered o be full of love, laughter and family. She was grateful that Minhyuk decided on taking her to one of her favourite places. It only made the day much more exciting and meaningful to her.

After roaming around the fair for a bit, they finally decided to try out some rides. One ride led to another and also another. Minhyuk was happy that she enjoyed the rides as much as her did. Realising how much they had in common made him even more optimistic about their potential relationship. 

He also got to see her character. If the lines were long, she wouldn't complain or pick another ride. She patiently waited and made conversations with him. 

She also didn't hessitate to tell him if she wanted to go on a particular ride. She suggested it politely and in a straight forward manner which he was grateful for, at least he didn't have to try and read her mind. 

After what seemed like their 1000th ride, they decided to give their hearts a break and walk around. Other than rides, there were many game booths, acessories stalls and food stalls as well. They passed by a basketball game booth and the guy who mended it called out to Moonbyul. 

"Miss, would you like to try and win a prize?" Moonbyul stopped as she was greeted by the guy. She bowed her head gently before shaking it. 

"Thank you but I'm horrible in this game." She chuckled. The guy then faced Minhyuk for a brief second before smirking. "Maybe your boyfriend here can give it a try." 

Minhyuk expected her to laugh and politely correct the guy that they weren't a couple.. well, at least not officially yet. But he was surprised when she smiled up to him. 

"Only if he wants too." She said politely. Minhyuk's heart soared and suddenly, he felt very determined. Even if he wasn't that great in the game, he still wanted to try his best to win her something.

"Why not?" Minhyuk said definitively. He saw Moonbyul's surprised reaction and shrugged. "I'll give it a try."

While he wasn't extremely good in the game, he was pretty decent and even managed to get a medium sized plush toy for Moonbyul. He handed her the adorable teddy bear and watched as her eyes lit up. 

"Thank you." She said sincerely. "It's so adorable." Before she could say anything else, she heard a weird rumbling sound. 

Minhyuk blushed as his stomach was grumbling loudly. Moonbyul gave out a kind hearted laugh before suggesting they get some food to eat.

After getting their food and drinks, they went to find a spot to sit. Since the fair was built on a park premises, there were ample parts of the park left unused. They found a nice spot by the water and sat down before digging in. They talked some more during their meal and even shared their respective food with each other. It seemed like they never run out of things to talk about. 

Almost two hours have gone by with them just sitting, talking, playing uncountable rounds of the game 'I Spy' and just enjoying each other's company. After a while, it seemed like the two of them were trying to look for ideas on what to do next. The movies make dates seem easy but that wasn't reality. Moonbyul looked at the sky then around, it was a beautiful day indeed. She took a deep breath in and let it out before turning back to Minhyuk who was also looking around. He turned back to her as he felt her eyes on him and raised his eyebrows when he saw her kind yet nervous smile.

"Would you like to go for a walk?" She asked politely.

"Sure. Of course." He nodded before getting up and sticking his hand out to help her up. She grabbed his hand and pulled herself up before dusting her jeans and stretching her legs slightly as he went to throw the food containers and wrappers away. "So, where are we going?"

"Anywhere." She smiled. She had hoped that he understood the meaning behind her words. She didn't have any other objective in mind other than spending time with him. 

They first walked in the park but somehow they had managed to end up in town, window shopping and talking about reataurants where they had eaten in and any other nice stores that were there.

"Oh!" Minhyuk said as he stopped infront of a shop before looking up at it's store sign. "My housemate mentioned this cafe once. He said it's good."

"Ah really?" Moonbyul looked up to see the name of the cafe before looking through the tinted glass, trying to see what they had inside.

"Nae. He's a cullinary student so I guess that must mean it's really good." He chuckled before rubbing the back of his neck. "Would you like to have tea before heading back?" He nervously asked.

"Nae. I'd love to." She nodded. Minhyuk opened the door for her and followed her in. The smell of fresh pastries and coffee lingered in the air.

"Wah!" Moonbyul said as she scanned the items on display. Her eyes were shining and she looked so happy. "They have so many delicious looking pastries and cakes here." 

Minhyuk looked at her and chuckled before teasing her gently, "Someone's excited." He smirked.

"Food is no joke to me." She said in a mock serious tone with her hands up before giggling slightly and turning her attention back to the cakes and pastries.

"Arasso." He chuckled and scanned the display over her shoulders. "Which would you like?"

After placing their orders at the counter, Minhyuk reached into his pocket for his wallet but was surprised when Moonbyul placed a gentle hand on his arm. 

"Kwenchana. I got it." She said as she handed the cashier her card. She looked back at him and took in his surprised and slightly bewildered expression before explaining. "You paid for the fair and lunch. Let me pay for tea. We're both students- and have to get by on monthly allowances. We have rents, bills, food and other things to worry about. I don't expect you to pay for our dates yourself."

Minhyuk was praying for time to stop just then. He wanted to live in that moment forever. Her kind, understanding and thoughtful heart shone brightly through her eyes. Could he fall any harder? He was scared to ask himself that question because he had done exactly that multiple times before and the answer was always yes. He doesn't know how much more his heart can take- he was already in too deep at this point.

"Thank you." He said sincerely as she was handed her card back. He nudged his shoulders lightly and smiled.

"You're welcome." She grabbed the order number table tent and proceeded to find a place to sit. "Kaja!"

"This place is very pretty." Moonbyul said as she looked around the cafe, admiring its interior decor. Minhyuk looked around and agreed. But the person infront of him was a much beautiful sight. He saw how excited she became again when their cakes and coffee arrived.

"Mmm!" She hummed as she took her first bit of her slice of cake. "This is delicious!"

She used the fork to get another piece of her cake before holding it up infront of Minhyuk. His eyes widened as he realised what she was doing. She too was shock by her sudden actions and was silently debating with herself if she should pull her hand back.

Before she could move, Minhyuk leant forward and received the bite she gave him before thanking her. In attempt to make her embarrassment disappear, he hummed the same way she did and agreed that it was delicious. He then pushed his plate to the middle of the table and offered to share it with her and she did the same.

"Mianhe." She apologised, cheeks burning red. "I guess it's out of habit. The girls and I are so used to doing that with each other." 

"Kwenchana." Minhyuk said as he smiled. "So, you and the girls must be very close."

"We are!" She said excitedly. "They're my very best friends but we're more like sisters. We've known each other since middle school and it was one of those friendships where we just clicked instantly with one another." 

She looked up and saw Minhyuk smiling kindly at her as he ate his slice of cake. "Sorry, I'm talking too much about them, aren't I?"

"Aniya." He said, shaking his head. "I'm happy to hear about them. They're really cool. Tell me more." 

Moonbyul leant her back against the back of her chair and looked at him in wonder. "Really?" 

He nodded and she happily proceeded to share with him how she and her friends met, how they ended up living together and even shared some of their most memorable moments together. They talked about his friends and teammates as well and how close he was to them. 

"Would it be okay if I get something for the girls?" He asked as he gestured to the display. Moonbyul turned to the direction he pointed to before raising her eyebrows slightly. "As a thank you gesture for coming to the game."

"Oh, you don't have to. Really, it's-" Moonbyul started.

"I want too." He said sincerely. She smiled back gratefully at him. He was really something else. "Would you help me pick the cakes for them?"

"Nae." She nodded. He got up and held his hand out to her. She grabbed it and they proceeded to the pick out the cakes for the girls. She blushed as she realised he hadn't released her hand. He noticed that she was a bit flushed by the whole situation so he stepped closer to her. 

"Is this okay?" He asked quietly, lightly swinging their hands while she scanned the cakes on display. She blushed again as she gave his hand a gentle squeeze to answer his question. His heart soared again and he held her hand firmer and with more confidence. 

After they picked out cakes for each of the girls, they headed back to where Minhyuk had parked his car at, by the fair- hand in hand. Then, Minhyuk proceeded to send Moonbyul back home.

"I wanted to take you out for a nice dinner but seeing as you've got classes tomorrow morning, I thought it would be better to get you home before sundown." Minhyuk confessed as he was driving.

"It's alright. We can always go to dinner next time." Moonbyul said understandingly. "And thank you for being so considerate."

"Next time." He echoed as a goofy smile played on his lips. "I'd like that."

Minhyuk reluctantly pulled up infront of Moonbyul's house before he got out to open the passenger side door for her. He walked her to the gate before turning to her. 

"I had a really nice time today." Moonbyul said softly and shyly as she pushed her bangs away from her eyes. "Thank you." 

"I had a great time too." He said giving her his best smile.

"Thank you again for these." She said as she lifted the bear and the slices of cakes for the girls. He smiled proudly before taking a step forward.

"Listen," he said as he nervously reached out and held one of her hands. "I really have sincere feelings for you and if you would give me a chance, I'd like to continue to get to know you better." 

"I feel the same about you." She said as she gave his hand a squeezed while smiling up to him. He let out a breath of relief before looking into her eyes again. They grinned widely to each other for a while before Minhyuk spoke up again.

"I was right." He stated. Moonbyul raised her eyebrows in confusion at him. He chuckled and lightly squeezed her hand, "Yesterday was nothing compare to today."