It's A Date

Catch A Falling Star

A/N: HELLO PEOPLE I AM BACKKKK! Before anything, thank you so much again for being patient and following this story. Your comments and subscriptions make me smile on even the hardest days. Thank you thank you!

Alsooooo, who else is super excited for the BTOB and Mamamoo comeback that's gonna happen in like.. soon?!?! I don't think I'm emotionally, physically or mentally ready for it though. Need to prepare myself. Haha. Anyway, this week, my schedule's going to be quiet free so I'm gonna try my best to update as much as possible so please look forward to that as well.

Lastly, if you're on Twitter, please comment your username down in comment section or DM me or anything. I would love to follow you all. Okay, enough chitchat, in the words of Solar, LEGGO!

------------------------------------

"Kamsahamnida." Minhyuk said as he retrieved his lunch tray from the cafeteria staff. He flipped a bottle of water before placing it on the tray as well. 

He looked around the cafeteria and sighed. Thursdays were never kind to him, not only did he have all the tough modules that day but none of his friends' breaks coincided with his. Suddenly, he saw Moonbyul sitting alone on one of the lunch tables. He smiled, 'Maybe Thursdays weren't so bad after all.'

Moonbyul was flipping through some research materials for her latest project while she nibbled on her fruits. She wasn't really reading it, she was just trying to look less of a loner as she sat alone. She was snapped out of her thoughts when somebody cleared their throat. She looked up and saw Minhyuk standing there with a smile. 

"Oh anneyonghaseyo." She greeted him as she bowed her head politely. He greeted her back politely.

"I was wondering if I could join you." He said with a blush creeping up his cheeks, "But it seems like you're a bit busy.."

"Aniya" she said quickly, gesturing for him to seat. "Please join me. I don't really enjoy eating alone." 

"Are you sure?" He asked for clarification. 

"Nae." She smiled brightly and set her research materials aside as he took a seat in front of her. She was relieved that he was there- she didn't have to eat alone. 

"How's your day going so far?" She asked as she picked up her cutleries to start eating. He gave her a look of agony before 'shooting' himself to which she giggled. He laughed along, "That bad huh?"

"You don't know half of it." He laughed. After the laughter died down, he spoke up. "But it's getting much better now." 

Moonbyul's eyes darted at him for a split second before looking away. She saw that his ears were turning slightly red as he stuffed a spoonful of rice into his mouth- not making any eye contact. Was he talking about her? Or about food? 

"I'm glad." She replied. "Before I forget, my friends said thank you for the jerseys." 

"It was nothing, really. But I'm glad you all like it." He said as he watched her. She smiled at him before turning to her food and eating it.

"We're all excited for the game. Whee In wants to go early so we can get good seats." She told him once was empty. 

"Whee In ssi's really amazing." He said full of admiration. "I could seriously hear her voice loud and clear last game. Woah!"

Moonbyul laughed as she saw the shocked and impressed look on his face and how that trait of Whee In's use to cause them a lot of trouble during their younger years. Whee In was such a beagle, she was always so energetic and loud in the best ways -not to mention, she had a killer laugh. Minhyuk grinned as he watched Moonbyul laugh, he was proud to have been the one to make her laugh and smile.

"Mianhe. Whee In's can be really loud sometimes." She apologised as she got a hold of her laughter. 

"Aniya. It's really good." He said. "My teammates were saying how motivational it was hearing her yell." 

"Really?" Moonbyul asked. Minhyuk nodded and Moonbyul let out an adorable grin. "I'll make sure she yells this time around too then."

The laughed and continued talking about the game, preperations and their respected courses as they finished their meals. Moonbyul's heart soared when a few people would stop by their table and wish Minhyuk the best for finals, saying how they'll come to support and everything. He looked very happy and Moonbyul realised it was a look that suited him a lot. She hoped he'll always be happy no matter where life takes him. 

"Minhyuk fighting!" Said a senior student, he held his fist up and pumped it as he passed their table. 

"Nae. Kamsahamnida." He politely thanked the guy before turning back to Moonbyul with a sheepish smile. "Sorry about that." 

"Aniya. I'm glad to see that you're receiving a lot of love and support. I hope victory will be yours." Moonbyul said sincerely as she pushed her tray slightly. They had both finished their meals but still had time before their next class.

"Speaking of which.." He said a little too loudly. He apologised and remembered to readjusted his volume before continuing, "No matter the outcome, we should go celebrate." He said excitedly. 

"Us?" She said pointing her finger in between him and herself. He nodded as he smile excitedly. But inside, his heart was beating fast. What if she says no? "Sure!"

Did he hear right? Was that a yes? Would people think he's crazy if he jumped in joy right now?

"Great! So after the game?" He said excitedly. She bent her head to the side before looking thoughtfully at him.

"What about Sunday?" She said kindly. "I think you should spend time with your teammates after the game. You've all played hard and had a good season. You should celebrate with them first and we could celebrate the next day."

He stared at her in awe. Can this girl get anymore perfect? She was so kind, thoughful and considerate. 

"Nae. Sunday then." He said nodding his head while smiling brightly. He then turned a bit nervous again. Is it a date? Can he just assume it is? How would he know? "Will your friends be joining us?" 

Moonbyul was a bit taken aback with his question. She was sure that he was asking her on date or at least a one to one hang out so she was surprised that he had mentioned her friends. However, being the tentative person she was, she realised that maybe, just maybe he was just nervous in asking her out. Whichever way, she had nothing to lose. She thought about it for a moment before smiling kindly. 

"I don't think they're available this Sunday." She said and before he could even suggest to reschedule, she continued, "Would it be alright if it were just me?" 

"Nae. That's perfectly." He said softly. They smiled at each other before looking away shyly. He watched as she glanced to her wrist watch before springing on to her feet with her eyes wide.

"I'm so sorry but I have to go." She said as she gathered her things. He stood up as well to see her off. 

"It's fine. I'll see you at the game or if not, Sunday?"

"Nae. Sunday." She said as she grabbed her bag and slung it over her shoulders before bowing and taking her leave. "It's a date. Anneyong!"

It's a date? He thought over and over again as he wondered if she was saying it as a phrase or did she really mean it or..? He sighed as he ran his fingers through his hair.

That night, he spent that whole night thinking over what had happened that day and he realised that he had nothing to lose if he did decide to be more open with his feelings. He eventually drifted off to sleep with a determined mind. 

It was Friday afternoon and Moonbyul was doing some work in the library when a girl approached her table. She gently tapped Moonbyul on her shoulder. Moonbyul turned around and was surprised when the girl gave her a note. The girl bowed politely before going away. Despite the confusion, Moonbyul managed to thank the girl before setting all her attention to the note in her hand. She opened the note,

'Can I have moment? Please come meet me outside of the library. -Minhyuk' 

She set her things neatly and asked the person on the opposite table to help her keep an eye on her belongings before heading outside. As she reached the last door, she saw Minhyuk standing outside with his back turned towards her. She pushed the door open and walked up behind him. 

"Boo!" She greeted him light heartedly. She chuckled a bit as he jumped and turned to face her. "Mianhe. You wanted to see me?" 

"N-nae." He nodded. He has been practicing his lines over and over again since last night. But since she was standing right before him, he couldn't recall anything. 

She smiled and gestured for him to continue. He took a breath before clearing his throat. 

"About Sunday.." he started. Moonbyul's eyes turned a bit confused and worried but allowed him to continue. "I was wondering, if you would like to go out with me?" 

"Nae?" She said slowly with a half smile. She was super confused now. Deja vu much? "Mianhe. Am I missing something?" 

He smiled as he saw her confused look. She looked so adorable just then. He understood why she felt the way she did, so he reached behind him. She was pleasantly surprised when he presented her with a single white rose.

"I uh.. wanted to ask you out properly. Yesterday seemed a little bit unclear." He explained. It was getting warm where they stood, well, at least for him. "So will you go on a date with me?" 

She looked up to him and her eyes soften before she smiled gratefully. She then nodded her head, no hessitation what so ever. "Yes."

"Good." He handed her the rose and let out a breath of relief. He watched as she looked to the rose and smiled. "There's a fair going on this month in town, do you like fairs?" 

"Oh!" She snapped her head up. Her eyes lit up as soon as he said the word. "I love fairs."

"Really?" His face cracked into a grin, seeing her excited made him just as excited. She nodded her head adorably like a child. "Great! So the fair on Sunday then?"

"Nae." She confirmed as she smiled up to him. They locked eyes and continued to smile at each other before turning away shyly.. again.

They stayed in silence for a while before she remembered that she had a report waiting for her back inside. "I should go. I'll see you tomorrow then?" 

"Nae. Go ahead." He said as he gestured for her to return back in. She bowed politely and thanked him for the rose before heading back inside. 

Before she could reach the library doors, he called out "So Sunday, it's a date?" She turned back and chuckled at him before nodding.

"It's a date." She confirmed. She gave a small wave and headed back inside, her smile never leaving her face.