Friday Night Lights

Catch A Falling Star

A/N: This is a long-ish one because I owe you guys that much for being patient and putting up with me. Thanks everyone. I love you! I'll try to write more and post more often!

---------------------

The rest of the week past and it was kind to the girls. They arrived to the main building to grab brunch together. After getting their food, they occupied one table and dug in. In the background, the day's announcements echoes through the speakers around campus. 

".. Lastly, come support our men's football team tonight at the university field. The game will start around 7:30pm."

"Yeah unnie!" Hwasa smirked at Moonbyul. "Go and support your boyfriend." Moonbyul sighed as she chewed her apple. 

"I knew that was coming." She muttered. Whee In giggled and patted her lightly on the back. 

"I'm actually looking forward to the game. I've never been to any before." Whee In said before continuing to eat.

"Me too!" Solar agreed. She then turned to Moonbyul, "You're sitting next to me later, right?" 

"Uh, I guess so?" Moonbyul replied and she used her fork to get another fruit from her tray. "Why?"

"I don't know the rules of the game!" Solar whined and pouted. "Who's gonna explain it to me if not you?" 

"Arasso arasso." Moonbyul said nodding and Solar gave out a happy clap before eating again. The girls went quiet for a while before Hwasa spoke up. 

"Sorry but am I the only one who feels like we're chaperoning their date?" Hwasa asked as her eyes travelled from Whee In to Solar. 

"Yah!" Moonbyul exclaimed throwing a wrapper lightly in Hwasa's direction. "What date?"

"Aniya. I know it's not a date but.." Hwasa shrugged. "It feels like one." 

"Maybe it's a sign," Solar suggested. "Like maybe, for future dates, perhaps?" Hwasa's face looked as if she thought hard about it before nodding to Solar. 

"You're right." Hwasa said as she nodded and pointed her fork to Solar. Moonbyul has already gotten so used to these conversations that she just let them carry on while eating her remaining fruits.

"I wouldn't mind following unnie on her dates." Whee In stated. The other three gave her a 'What?' expression. "What? It'll be fun to see something that I've never seen before!" The rest laughed at her confession and finished the remainder of their meals before heading their seperate ways to attend their respective schedules.

Moonbyul was headed to the lower ground floor. As she turned to take the stairs, she bumped into a figure who had just came up the steps. She noticed that the figure was holding her arms to ensure that she didn't fall. She straightened up and looked at the person she bumped into.

"Oh." She stared. "Minhyukssi, mianhe."

"Kwenchana" he smiled. "Are you in a rush somewhere?" 

"Not really. I just wasn't paying attention to where I was going." She explained and apologised again. 

"Ahh I see." He said as he nodded his head slightly. "Are you hurt?" 

"Aniya." She shook her head. "I'm fine. Really." She assured him with an adorable smile that could make his heart melt even on the coldest winter day. He smiled back at her. 

"Good." He started. "I wouldn't want you to hurt yourself and miss the game later. You're coming right?"

"Nae." Moonbyul nodded. "I'll be cheering for you." He stared into her bright eyes and softly smiles.

"I'd like that." He said softer than before.

"Good." She said just as softly as him. 

"Good." They continued to stare into each other's eyes to the point that it was starting to make Moonbyul blush. 

"So..?" She started. 

"So..?" He copied. She giggled at his antics before looking back down the stairs. 

"I have to get to labs." She told him almost reluctantly. "I'll see you tonight then?" 

"Nae." He nodded and gestured to the stairs. "Go ahead." Moonbyul smiled at him and headed down the stairs. They finished classes around 5pm that day and decided to meet up at a small cafe near to the university's field grounds. Hwasa arrived after using the bathroom and met Whee In on a table outside of the cafe.

"We're eating before the game right? Hwasa asked as she took a seat, genuinely worried that she might starve to death while watching the game later. 

"Aish, Hyejin ah, you and your food." Whee In teased as she gave Hwasa a gentle push. Hwasa gave her a fierce stare.

"Don't mess with me and food." She warned playfully. Whee In chuckled and rolled her eyes. Hwasa grabbed Whee In's arm to get her attention back on her. "Seriously though. Tell me we're eating!"

"Aniya. We're going straight to the field when the other two get here." Whee In said in a straight face. Hwasa's jaw dropped in shock. Whee In giggled and patted Hwasa's head. "I'm kidding! Yongsun unnie and Byulie unnie are inside getting food. My god you need to chill."

"Kids! I'm back." Solar called as she reached the table with a tray full of food. She placed the tray on the table and put its content on the table. She placed the tray aside as Moonbyul came along with another one. Hwasa's eyes immediately lit up seeing the food. They dug in straight after Moonbyul and Solar took their seats.

"Should we make our way to the field then?" Whee In asked as they finished eating. Moonbyul looked at her wristwatch and furrowed her eyebrows. 

"I don't know, if we go now then we have about an hour until the game starts." She said. 

"Well we can always go early and get good seats." Solar suggested as she saw a few students already making their way to the field. Hwasa nodded in agreement with Solar. 

"I agree with Yongsun Unnie. Let's go find good seats." Hwasa agreed. The girls gathered their stuff and headed to the field. They found a nice spot with a nice view of the field on the bleachers. Moonbyul was sat in between Whee In and Solar and Hwasa sat at the end, next to Whee In. While waiting for the stands to fill and the game to begin, they played several games with each other like a bunch of school children. They were laughing and having fun with each other.

After a few moments, it was almost kick off time. The teams arrived on the field and waited for the game to begin. Minhyuk and his friends were doing some dynamic stretching as they made their way to the field. Whee In nudged Moonbyul with her shoulder and wiggled her eyebrows when Moonbyul faced her. Moonbyul rolled her eyes and turned away from the younger girl and turned her attention back to the field. At the centre of the field, Minhyuk saw Moonbyul in the stands and his eyes lit up almost instantly. He gave her a subtle wave before turning his attention to the game. 

The game carried on smoothly, with their university team taking the lead against their opponent. Moonbyul entertained all of Solar's queries as to why the whistle was blown and what did the red and yellow cards meant as well as explaining to Solar the difference between how a goal kick and a corner kick is achieved. 

Minhyuk was on a role, he was scoring much more goals than he ever did in one game. Would it be right to say that it was because Moonbyul was in the stands? With only two minute left in the game, Minhyuk and his teammates tried to get another goal. With great effort and great teamwork, his team managed to get the ball in the opponent's side. He passed the ball to his teammate, Tae and Tae scored a marvellous goal at the last second. The crowds in the home side stands went wild. The game ended with a score of 7-3. After breaking free from the group hug his team had, Minhyuk faced the crowd to give a bow. He eyes caught the sight of Moonbyul, Solar, Whee In and Hwasa jumping up and down cheering for him and his teammates. He let out a small smile when he caught her eye. She was waved at him before giving him thumbs up for the excellent job tonight. 

"So, shall we head home?" Moonbyul voiced out as the atmosphere calmed down and the stands started emptying. The team had gone into the locker room to shower and wash up. The girls gave her a scandalous look. 

"No!" Solar and Hwasa answered. 

"Unnieee, he invited you to the game. The least you could do is wait for him to come back out and congratulate him." Whee In said.

"I bet he really wants to see you tonight." Hwasa agreed. Moonbyul's cheeks turned a shade of pink before admitting it was what she thought about as well. 

"So, we wait?" Moonbyul said as she took a seat on the bleachers again.

"Duh, we'll wait with you too" Solar agreed as she took a seat next to Moonbyul.

Not long after, they saw the team coming out of the locker room one by one. All freshly showered and in their normal clothes rather than a football jersey. Soon after, Minhyuk was spotted walking out with his teammate, Tae. As soon as he hot out he looked to the stands where Moonbyul was and looked reliefed and he saw her still there. He bid farewell to his friend before climbing up the stands. 

"Anneyong" he greeted them. They got up and greeted him back with a bow. 

"Anneyonghaseyo" they chorused like a girlgroup. 

"Thank you all for coming. We really appreciate it." He said sincerely as he looked at everyone. 

"It was no problem. We had a really great time." Solar said. 

"Nae." Whee In nodded. "You play very well." She complimented him. His cheeks turned a dark shade and he thanked her for the compliment. 

"Whee In was very into the game just now." Hwasa told him as she gestured her hand to Whee In who was now flustered. 

"Ah, nae. I think I heard you cheering from centre field." He chuckled as he recalled hearing her voice shouting really really loud. The girls cracked out laughing before Solar notice Minhyuk hasn't gotten a chance to speak to Moonbyul. She made eye contact with the other two and gave them a subtle signal. They grabbed their belongings and got ready to give the two lovebirds a bit of privacy.

"Byul ah," Solar said as she handed Moonbyul her bag. "We'll be by the car."

"Ah nae." She replied as she took her bag from Solar. Solar smiled and turned to Minhyuk. 

"Congratulations on your game tonight. I hope you'll win this league." She said. 

"Congratulations!" The other two chorused.

"I can't wait til finals!" Whee In said, getting excited again. The girls chuckled as Minhyuk became surprised. 

"You're coming to finals?" He asked, a ghost of a smile on his lips. 

"Yes. Is that okay?" Hwasa replied casually. They watched as his face lit up and grinned at them before nodding intensely. 

"Nae! That'd be great!" He said excitedly. "Kamsahamnida!"

Solar signalled the other two to leave them alone as she bowed and excuse herself. The other two followed in toe after bowing and smiling to Minhyuk. 

Moonbyul and Minhyuk watched as they left. When they were out of sight, the two turned to face each other. Minhyuk smiled at her as she gave a shy smile back before breaking eye contact. 

"I'm really happy you came." He said softly. She smiled as she turned to him, taking in his slightly reddening cheeks. She wasn't sure if it was from the chilly night air or not. 

"I wouldn't miss it for the world." She said such a cliche phrase that many people use- but he hoped nothing more than for her to mean it. She gestured to the field "You played amazing. Congratulations on your win today." 

"Kamsahamnida." He said shyly bowing down his head. He seemed to hessitate a moment before opening his mouth again,"My teammates said this is the best game I've played all season." 

"Ah really?" Moonbyul's face lit up, happy that he's doing well and getting even better as the season progressed. "That's great!" 

He nodded slightly with a small smile playing on his face. "I think I know why that is.." he started. She met his eyes and raised her eyebrows, asking him the reason. He grinned before saying, "because you're here." 

Moonbyul and Minhyuk both burst out laughing at the cheesiness of the line. Moonbyul turned away as she felt her cheeks heat up. Although the line was cheesy, she couldn't help but see sincerity in his eyes as he told her that.

"If that's the case then, I definitely have to come to finals." She suggested, smiling up to him.

"Nae. I'd like that." He said softly looking deep into her eyes.

"Me too" she said even softer.

They stared at each other for some time before Moonbyul tore away from his gaze to scan the field and bleachers. It was practically empty now as everyone had left after the game ended. She was snapped out of her thoughts when Minhyuk's voice called her. 

"Your friends are probably waiting." He said as he gestured to the direction of where Solar, Hwasa and Whee In headed before. "Shall we?"

"Nae." She smiled brightly before grabbing her stuff and heading off with Minhyuk. 

As they walked, Minhyuk noticed how nicr the night was. It wasn't too cold or too warm, it was just right. He looked up to see that the moon and stars were even shining brightly in the night sky. What a beautiful sight, he thought. Then he got caught up in his thoughts. 'Byul,' he mused as he thought of the girl whose name meant star. 'She's beautiful.' 

He turned to look at her and blushed when their eyes met. Before he could get anything out, a light beeping sound filled the air. Moonbyul searched her bag for her phone, causing her steps to slow down and eventually stop. When she got it out, she looked to her screen and Minhyuk noticed her expression turned into disbelief as she rumedge through her bag to find something. When she didn't manage to find the thing she was looking for, she sported an 'I give up' look with a slight laugh as she hung her head in agony and amusement before keeping her phone back into her bag. 

"Why?" He asked as she looked at him with a nervous smile. 

"My friends thought if would be a good idea to take my car keys and leave without me." She said as she let out a resigned sigh before smiling at the whole ordeal. Her friends were really something. She turned to him nervously biting her bottom lip before opening to speak,

"Can I offer you a ride home then?" He said, not allowing her to say what she had wanted too. She was relieved that he had offered as she was just about to ask the same thing. She smiled and nodded before walking in the direction Minhyuk gestured to. 

Upon reaching his car, Minhyuk opened the passenger side door for her before taking his seat on the driver's side. Once they were both strapped in, they headed on their way. Along the way, they talked about their week and various places in the area. Moonbyul gave him directions to the house she and the other three beagles were renting. 

Once he pulled up to their front gate, she thanked him for the ride home before turning to open her side door to which he made her jump by shouting,

"Wait!" He blushed as he realised he had shouted to loud and apologised. He then got out of the car to open her door for her. She blushed at his gentlemenly actions before thanking him again for the ride and congratulating him on the game again. 

"I really enjoyed watching the game today. Thank you for inviting me." She said as she looked up to him. "I'll be sure to make it for finals."

"Promise?" He grinned as he lifted up his pinky finger. She laughed lightly at his actions and how adorable he was being before lacing her pinky finger with his. 

"Promise." She said softly and reassuringly. 

"You should head in now." He said softly as they parted their pinkies. "Good night."

"Good night." She replied with a soft smile before she started to head inside.

He made sure she got in alright before getting back into his car and driving home. She closed the main door behind her, leant on in and sighed. She then heard some snickering, she popped her eyes open and saw Hwasa and Whee In on the living room sofa smirking at her. 

"Oooooolalaaaaa" Whee In and Hwasa teased. 

"What?" Moonbyul asked trying to keep a straight face on as she crossed her arms. 

"You're in love!" Whee In exclaimed excitedly. 

"No, I'm not!" Moonbyul exclaimed back as Solar came to the living room. 

"What's all the fuss.." then she saw Moonbyul by the door. "Oh, you're back." She stated. Whee In tugged on Solar's sleeve like a little girl to get her attention.

"Byulie unnie's in love." She said to the older girl. 

"Really! She did the classic lean and sigh move when she got in," Hwasa added demonstrating the lean and sigh movements. "Girls who are in love do that!" 

"Oooooooo~" Solar joined in on the teasing as she smirked at Moonbyul who was now burning red in the cheeks. Moonbyul sighed as she made her way in, trying her best to ignore the teasing that was still going on in the living room. 

"You're all still gonna suffer for stealing my car and leaving me!" She called out. 

"Puh-lease, you probably were glad we left you." Hwasa replied sassily moving her neck from side to side. "Otherwise you won't get to spend some alone time with your Prince Charming."

"Mmmhmm" chorused both Solar and Whee In. 

"Okay that's it. You have 3 seconds to run for your lives before I tickle you to death." Moonbyul warned and she put down her stuff. "1, 2.. 3!"

She chased after whoever it was she could chase after as they all scrambled to run away from the blonde girl. They were laughing and squeling as they tried their best to avoid Moonbyul's attack. How nice it must be to fall in love and have sisters to share it with..