A Hard Day's Night

Catch A Falling Star

Moonbyul worked on her project all throughout the weekend, only taking sometime of to eat since sleep is overrated. The girls thought she was overdoing it and decided to ask her to take a break. 

"Byul unnie's been at it for three days now." Whee In started. "I'm scared she's over working herself." She continued, genuinely worried for her friend who's like an older sister to her. 

"Right." Hwasa said nodding her head. "I've noticed too."

"Maybe Yong Sun unnie should talk to her?" Whee In suggested as she turned to face Solar. 

"Why me?" Solar retorted. 

"You're the closest to her." Whee In said. "Well, in age." She added cheekily.

"Yeah, you're older so she'd listen better to you" Hwasa added. 

"Alright. I'll go talk to her now" Solar said as she went up the stairs to Moonbyul's room before knocking on the door. She heard Moonbyul's soft 'come in', then she turned the knob and entered. 

"Hey!" Solar greeted her. Moonbyul was currently working on her desk - her laptop was on and it seemed like it was showing a written report on Word. Moonbyul stopped writing on her notebook and turned to Solar with a smile. 

"Hey" she greeted back. Solar crashed down on Moonbyul's bed. She turned to face Moonbyul who was tidying up her stationaries to make her room slightly more presentable.

"Is there a lot more to be done?" Solar asked her younger friend as she grabbed on of the pillows and hugged it close to her body. Moonbyul took off her glasses and shook her head while messaging her temples. 

"Aniya." She answered. "I'm almost done with the report. I just have to worry about the presentation. The slides are ready, I know what I have to say- I just don't know how to say it."

"Maybe you need a break." Solar suggested. She started thinking of ways to get Moonbyul to take a break. "Byul ah, Whee In, Hwasa and I- we are going to go grocery shopping. Do you wanna come with? It will only take an hour at most."

"Sure." Moonbyul couldn't be bothered on how she looked like and grabbed her blue jumper and matching blue cap before following Solar downstairs.

Grocery shopping was a great therapy for Moonbyul. She got to spend time with her friends and clear her mind of any stressful thoughts- even if it was just for a second.

They were heading back to the car when Whee In exclaimed, "Ohh, I need facial moisturiser! I completely forgot. I'm so sorry. Will it be okay for me to go to the pharmacy for a while?" She said as she used her puppy dog eyes on Moonbyul. Moonbyul sighed- she could never say no to Whee In's puppy dog eyes. 

"Sure. We'll go with you too." Moonbyul replied with a smile. 

The girls made their way to the pharmacy, once they were there, Hwasa and Solar waited outside with the shopping cart as Moonbyul and Whee In entered the shop. Whee In went staight to the facial care section whilst Moonbyul traveled along each aisle monitoring the products just in case she needed anything.

Moonbyul went to the next aisle. She saw many products such as plasters and pain relief oitments. Suddenly, a familiar face caught her by surprise. There, in front of her, stood Lee Minhyuk, holding a few items himself. He was facing the shelf but before Moonbyul could do anything, he turned and saw her. 

"Oh Byulssi." He called. She looked up at him and bowed slightly. 

"Minhyukssi, anneyong." She then became aware of exactly how she was dressed and the lack of sleep she has been getting. She started adjusting and fidgeting with her cap and sweater. "Mianhe, I'm such a mess today."

"Aniya." He said off handedly. "You look beautiful." Moonbyul stopped her movements and looked up at him again. She blushed as she saw the sincerity in his eyes. 

"Gomawo." She shyly said. She then paid attention to the items in his hands. There were sports sprays and bandages in each hand. "Are you hurt?"

"Oh?" He raised his eyebrows then looked at his hands. "Oh! Aniya. I'm fine. It's just good to have these in case anything happens tomorrow." He explained. He happily noted that she was concerned about his health and well-being for a second there.

"Ahh, I see." Moonbyul nodded away. Minhyuk looked at her then around then back at her- what was she doing at the mall?

"So.." he started as he regained her attention. "Are you here alone or on a date or..?" Minhyuk asked as casually as possible, wishing that she was alone or anything- but with a guy. Moonbyul laughed and it was like music to his ears. 

"Do I look like I'm on a date?" She laughed as she gestured to her choice of outfit. "Wah, poor guy!" She continued to chuckle cutely at Minhyuk's absurd suggestion. 

Minhyuk's lips twitched slightly as her response confirmed that she was definitely not on a date. He shook his head and said "Aniya. I think he's the luckiest guy." 

Moonbyul fought back a blush and grabbed a box of plasters infront of her to distract her from his gaze. "Anyway, I'm accompanying Hwasa, Whee In and Solar. They were worried I was over working myself."

Minhyuk opened his mouth to say something but couldn't as a voice beated him to it- 

"Byulie unnie!" Whee In called out holding a store bag. Moonbyul's gazed changed from Minhyuk to the direction behind him. He also turned around to see the source of the voice. Whee In saw that Minhyuk was present and quickly apologised before bowing to greet him before shying away as fast as lightning. She wanted to slap herself for ruining a Minbyul moment.

"Speak of the devil." Moonbyul mumbled to Minhyuk as she returned the box of plasters she was fiddling with back onto the shelf. "I guess I better go. I'll see you around?"

"Nae. Take care!" Minhyuk bid farewell. 

"Minhyukssi," he heard Moonbyul call as she was at the end of the aisle, "Good luck for tomorrow. I know you'd be great. Fighting!" 

"Nae!" He smiled. She smiled back at him before disappearing from his sight. 

That night, after Moonbyul practiced her presentation 5 times infront of Solar. Solar dozed off on Moonbyul's bed. Not having the heart to wake her up, she tucked her in, switched off the lights and went downstairs to get a glass of water. When she got downstairs, she saw Whee In on the couch dozing off slightly. 

"Whee In ah! Go to bed if you're going to sleep." She said softly. "You'll hurt your back if you sleep here." She said while passing Whee In on her way to the kitchen. When she was done, she headed back to the living room. 

"Yah!" She called Whee In. "What are you still doing here? Go up! You're gonna get a backache." Moonbyul scolded.

"Aniya. That's just a myth." Whee In said sleepily. Moonbyul sat next to her and nudge Whee In with her shoulders. "Unnieee" Whee In whined. 

Moonbyul gave up as it seemed like Whee In was already too comfortable. She sighed and laid Whee In's head carefully on a cushion. She went upstairs to grab a blanket then came back down. She tucked Whee In in on the couch and made sure she was warm. 

"Unnie" she said grogily.

"Nae?" Moonbyul replied knowing that she was probably sleep talking by now.

"You'll buy me toys right?" Sleepy Whee In asked. Moonbyul chuckled slightly and shook her head at the younger friend of hers. Whee In was truly like a child at times. 

"Of course." She decided to entertain the sleep talker as she tucked her in. 

"And you'll date Minhyuk right?" Whee In asked again. 

"Arasso." Moonbyul answered with a whatever-floats-your-boat tone. "Cha. Go to sleep." 

"Nighty night unnie!" She yawned. Moonbyul smiled and patted her head gently before switching off the lights and heading upstairs. She crashed in Solar's room that night since Solar crashed hers.