Meeting the Brothers

Catch A Falling Star

A/N: Hello lovely peopleee! I’m so sorry for the lack in updates but I am back and hopefully everyone’s still here. But seriously guys, I thought I had a good picture of where this story was going but I’m lost again. I have no idea where this is going but I hope you’ll stay on this journey with me. Thank you for reading this story! Please look forward to more updates! I love youuuuuu~

Okay, all together now- 1, 2, 3.. LEGGO!

----------------------------------------------------

Moonbyul, Hwasa and Whee In were in their seats at the university's music hall waiting for Solar's showcase to begin. They had arrived early and gotten good seats to support their beloved unnie. They also each put in effort to look nice for Solar's showcase as they arrived well dressed in their own style.

"Hi cutie." A deep voice whispered into Moonbyul's right ear which cause her to jump slightly.

"Oppa!" She exclaimed once she had realised who the culprit was. Minhyuk stood before her, grinning widely.

"Sunbae!" Hwasa and Whee In exclaimed excitedly as they leant forward from their seats to get a better view of him. He smiled and greeted them happily before turning back to Moonbyul who still had her hand on her chest.

"You scared me." She pouted cutely at Minhyuk. She then subtly used her left index finger to poke Whee In's side for making a gag face when she did. Whee In yelp and scooted away from Moonbyul, admitting defeat while Hwasa laughed, glad that she was far from the older girl's reach.

"Mianhe." Minhyuk apologised sincerely before gesturing to the seat next to her, "Is this seat taken?"

"Aren't you gonna sit with your friends?" She asked as her eyebrows shot up curiously.

"So I can't sit here?" He gave her a hurt look before starting to turn away. Moonbyul giggled as she gently grabbed his arm and turned hin back towards her before giving him an adorable smile.

"Of course you can." She insisted. Minhyuk grinned and plopped down on the seat next to her.

He then saw how intensely she was staring at him and raised his eyebrows curiously. He watched as Moonbyul blushed before lifting her right hand up to his face level. He was then surprised when Moonbyul carefully fixed his fringe. The small gesture made his heart flutter as he felt his blood rushing to his face.

After fixing his hair, Moonbyul pulled her hand away before giving him an innocent smile. He was about to say something when the showcase’s host took the stage causing the whole theatre to become silent.

Still, Minhyuk settled in his seat but not before leaning to Moonbyul’s ear again, whispering, “You look beautiful.”

Minhyuk grinned proudly as he watched Moonbyul’s cheeks turned slightly red as she tried to contain a smile. She didn’t turn to him instead she just nudged him gently with her shoulder to thank him for the compliment.

The audience watched the performances in awe. The amount of talent that took the stage was just brilliant. A few performances passed then it was Sungjae’s slot to perform. As his name was announce, cheers erupted from a few boys who were sitting a few rows from Moonbyul, Whee In, Hwasa and Minhyuk.

Moonbyul couldn’t help but smirk in Minhyuk’s direction. He grinned proudly and shrugged before joining in on the cheering. On stage, Sungjae smiled gratefully and confidently to them before getting himself in the zone for his performance.

Soon, it was Solar’s turn to perform and the girls, being the beagles they are, copied what the guys had done for Sungjae by cheering loud and proud for their unnie. Solar took the stage in a breath-taking white dress, bowing to all corners of the stage before setting herself up. Minhyuk watched the girls’ reactions carefully. Even though it always seemed like they made fun of her a lot, Minhyuk could see the amount of admiration and pride they take in Solar.

At the of the song, Minhyuk noticed that Hwasa was already in tears while the other two had tears shining in their eyes just threatening to fall. He had to give it to Solar, even he was feeling emotions during her ballad song. Minhyuk then hesitantly reached over and placed his hand on Moonbyul’s to offer support. He saw a small smile formed on her lips as she flipped their hands over and intertwined their fingers- never taking her eyes off of Solar on stage.

At the end of the song, Whee In wiped away the single tear that rolled down her left cheek before giving Solar a standing ovation which was joined by the other two girls and soon the whole music hall.

“Yeah Solar unnie jjang!” Whee In exclaimed over the whistles and cheers of the audiences. Her voice was so clear and loud that Solar could easily spot where they were. She smiled gratefully at them before giving a bow to all corners and exiting the stage.

“There you are!” Minhyuk called as he found Moonbyul who had just came from the direction of the washrooms.

“Here I am!” Moonbyul imitated him, smiling cutely and innocently up to him which caused his heart to skip a beat. She then laughed before stepping a closer to him. “What’s up?”

The way she stared at him and directed all her attention towards him made him feel so incredible. He then smiled nervously before asking, “Would it be okay if I steal you away from your friends for a moment?”

She smiled and nodded her head before craning her neck to catch Whee In’s eye- which she knew was already spying on her all along from where the younger girl was standing. Once Whee In’s eyes met hers, she gestured that she would be with Minhyuk for a while. The younger girl nodded and shooed her away with a smirk.

“Oppa, where are we going?” Moonbyul asked as she followed Minhyuk across the room.

“You’ll see!” He called out leading her further from where they came from. She decided to just allow him lead to wherever it was they were going to.

“Guys!” Moonbyul heard Minhyuk called out and saw that they were heading to a table that consisted of his friends.

Moonbyul’s heart sped up as she realised that he wanted to introduce her to his friends. She took calming breaths as she approached the guys and made a mental note to either kill or kiss him later depending on how the unplanned introduction will turn out.

“Hyung!” One of the boys called out when he saw Minhyuk.

“I’d like to introduce someone to you guys.” Minhyuk announced as they stood comfortably in front of the guys. “This is-”

“Ah~ the beautiful yeoja chinggu of yours.” One of them commented making Moonbyul blush slightly. She laughed nervously before bowing her head slightly to greet the guy.

“Anneyonghaseyo! Moon Byul Yi imnida.” She introduced herself to him.

“Nae. Anneyonghaseyo, Seo Eunkwang imnida.” He too followed suite before continuing. “It’s so nice to finally meet you. Minhyuk talks about you all the time.”

“He’s the famous house mate of mine. The culinary arts student I mentioned about before.” Minhyuk informed her as he gestured to Eunkwang who gave her a proud smile and nodded.

“If he has ever recommended any restaurants or taken you anywhere with fantastic food, I’m the man behind all of that. You’re welcome!” He joked, making the whole group burst into laughters.

Minhyuk took time going around the group, introducing Moonbyul to everyone. He waited patiently when they had their own conversations with the engineering student before proceeding to introduce her to the next person.

“And lastly, you already know Sungjae.” Minhyuk said as he gestured to Sungjae who was smiling happily as he was introduced. He waved his arms enthusiastically towards Moonbyul and gave her a silly face.

“Anneyong Byulyi noona!” He greeted her like a little boy. A habit he had ever since Solar introduced him to her a while ago.

“Anneyong!” She waved just as enthusiastically back at him. “You were amazing on stage just now!”

“Really? Gomawo noona!”

Moonbyul stayed there for a while as she talked to the guys and Minhyuk tried to recall when was the last time he had ever felt this happy. How well he got along with her friends, she got on along just as well with his. It didn’t come as a surprise to him but he felt his heart soar when his brothers gave him such approving glances when they were listening in to Hyunsik and Moonbyul talking about a game they were both into.

After a while of chatting, Moonbyul realised that she had hardly spent any time with the girls and decided to excuse herself from the group of handsome guys with a promise to meet again in the near future.

That night, Minhyuk and Sungjae stayed in the living room of the house they rented together with Eunkwang after playing a video game together.

“You’re graduating in a few months right, hyung?” Sungjae asked out of the blue. Minhyuk then nodded as he gave him a small smile before he raised his eyebrows at Sungjae. “So what’s going to happen between you and Byul?”

“What do you mean?” Minhyuk asked, confused by what Sungjae had just asked.

“You applied for a few jobs in Seoul right?” Sungjae asked as he played Tetris on his phone. Minhyuk nodded again, trying to figure out what the younger guy’s point is.

“That’s a bit far.” Sungjae commented. He was too immersed in his game to realise what words were coming out of his mouth. “It’s just that most people I know say long distance relationships are hard. It’s usually harder on the one who’s left and they end up breaking up on bad terms because of it.”

Once Sungjae had failed to win the level of the game he was currently playing, he sighed and looked up. He glanced at Minhyuk and realised what he had just said to the older guy who was now buried deep in thought with a worried expression on his face.

Sungjae’s eyes went wide and he wanted to punch himself for saying such things to his hyung. Sungjae placed a comforting hand on Minhyuk’s shoulder before casually telling him not to worry about it.

“Aniya aniya. Mianhe hyung. I wasn’t thinking. Just forget about it. I’m sure it’s fine. You’ll both be fine. Really!” Sungjae insisted before he then changed the subject in attempt to get Minhyuk to forget about it.

However, Minhyuk couldn’t find the chance to fall asleep that night as his head was filled with thoughts of graduating and going to work in Seoul- which was highly likely since he had already received a few unconditional offers from a few firms.

He then recalled all the university relationships of his seniors that didn’t work out due to distance and change of life paths. He then begun to recall what Sungjae had said before. He wondered to himself if that meant that Moonbyul would be the one hurting if he decides to carry on with the relationship? He rubbed his hands over his face and was determine to not let that happen.

With much thought, he concluded that maybe, just maybe, before they both got in way too deep, he should at least give her a choice. He sighed and desperately tried to fall asleep as he made up his mind on giving Moonbyul an out if she wanted one.