007

Why [hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I didn’t know how long we stood staring at each other, but it was evident that he was also in shock.

“Hey man you okay?” asked Mr. Lee patting him on the back after a few seconds of silence.

“…Um..yea… Nice to meet you, I’m Jeon Jungkook, the CEO of Jeon Corporation.” He said looking at me with an intense stare that I could basically feel burning a hole through me. Unexpectedly he stuck out his hand indicating a handshake.

I hesitantly took his hand and shook it while bowing.

“It’s nice to meet you” I said quietly. As I was going to let go, I felt his hand squeeze mine. I quickly retracted and looked away.

“…okay…” said Mr. Lee taking note of the awkward atmosphere. “I’ll be down in my office if you need anything Ms. Bora.”

“Thank you” I said bowing, giving him a smile.

“I’ll see you later then...you too Kookie” he said, turning away towards the elevator.

With that, it was just the two of us left on the top floor. I could still feel his intense stare burning a hole through my head.

Then suddenly, he turned around and walked towards his office. Once I heard his door close, I let out the breath that I unknowingly was holding. Thoughts were running through my head in the speed of light.

…how could I not notice that he was going to be my boss… Jeon Corporation… I’m so stupid… should I just…quit…?

Shaking, I took a seat on my desk and placed my bag into the drawer. I took all my things out including a laptop, my phone, and a picture of Jaehyun. Taking the picture, I stared at the picture of my son.

But I need the money…for Jae… I can’t just quit now and be jobless. How will I support him?

Running my finger through the picture frame, I came to a conclusion.

No. I’ll stay…for Jaehyun…

As I was still thinking, the phone suddenly rang, bringing me out of my thoughts.

“Neh, Mr. Jeon’s secretary. Do you need something?” I asked into the phone without knowing who it was on the other side.

“…” Nothing was heard from the other end.

“Hello?” I asked again looking at the phone confusingly before a voice spoke up.

“..Can you get me my breakfast?” asked Jungkook. Just hearing his voice still made me shiver and almost go into a mental breakdown as I remember what he had done to me.

“neh Mr. Jeon” I said quietly. Before hanging up, his voice spoke up again.

“You use to call me by my name…” he said, almost like a whisper.

“I’ll get your coffee and bagel sir” I said quickly before hanging up, giving no acknowledgement to his comment. Controlling my breathing, I stood up with my purse and phone in hand and walked to the elevator.

Without knowing, a pair of sad and regretful eyes stared at me through the gla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter