Episode 8

The Adventures of the Flaming Homouals

In which roommates meet classmate:

"Have a nice day at school darling!"

Minah tried hide her face as nshe walked away from the apartment door. Luhan was standing in the doorway, wearing a pink apron that said 
'Give mama a kiss'.

It was Tuesday which meant that the apron clad male didn't have any classes today so he entertained himself by playing house. Which included babying Minah.

Minah sighed as she walked on campus. She was going insane. Between Luhan thinking that he was Minah's mom to Baekhyun's loud singing, she hasn't had a peaceful day for months.

And it wasn't like things were better at school either. Girls were still whispering about her wearing Luhan's jersey. That poor boy, Suho, kept trying to talk to her and Jongdae.
Minah groaned just thinking about Jongdae. He was finding new ways to annoy her everyday. It's a talent, he claims.

Minah sat in her seat, pulling out her phone. She still had a couple minutes before literature starts and she wanted to remind Kris to bring home chicken tonight.

To Grumpy:
Kriiissssss

From Grumpy: 
No i hate chicken

Minah pouted, it was time to bring out the big guns, her secret weapon.

To sleepy: 
Xingie

From Sleepy:
Kris not buying chicken again min?

From Sleepy:
I got it

To Sleepy: 
See! This is why you're my favorite

From Sleepy:
Screen shot and sent to Luhan, good luck at home

To Sleepy:
Yea you're not my favorite anymore

From Grumpy: 
What flavor

To Grumpy: 
AHH THX HALF AND HALF ILY

Minah snickered and put away her phone, already picturing the chicken she was going to have tonight.

"Hey Minnie."

There goes her good mood.

"Hello Jongdae."

Jongdae smiled, offering her a Pocky stick, "Wow, a hello? I'm making progress."

Minah scoffed and took the Pocky stick. She bit into it, trying to hide the smile blossoming her face.

The professor walked in, immediately handing packets out to the class, "Okay guys, last group project of the year. It's a big one so you have a month to do it."

Minah looked down at the packet on her desk. The front cover was just a plain white page with one word in the middle.

"Memories."

She looked up as the professor started talking, "What are memories? Are they real? What makes something memorable? The topic is very broad guys so take it and run. This is a partner thing and I want you guys to pair up, with the opposite gender. Seriously guys, this isn't a middle school dance."

Minah feared to look at Jongdae. She didn't have to, because she felt a finger poke her elbow.

"Hey partner."

Oh god.




 

She could see him.

Does he think she couldn't spot a guy squatting behind a trash can.

Minah stopped walking, "Jongdae!"

She turned and glared at the trash can that Jongdae tried to hide behind. The latter stood up slowly, a sheepish smile adorned his face.

"I told you, we'll work at the library this weekend."

Jongdae pouted, "But I'm bored! I want to hang out. You know you're my only friend."

"Jongdae no, go home."

Jongdae pouted before sticking his tongue out at Minah, "Fine, be like that."

He stormed away until he turned the corner. He was Kim Jongdae. There was no way in hell he was going down without a fight.

He peeked around the corner to see Minah enter a large apartment complex. Jongdae hiked up his backpack and followed.

He was going to hang out with his friend, he had his mind set on it. Jongdae hummed happily as Minah entered the elevator. As soon as the doors closed, he pressed the up button.

He mentally patted himself on the back for being so smart as he watched the numbers go up until they stopped at 5.

So she lived on the fifth floor. Jongdae mentally noted that down as he got on another elevator.

Once he reached the fifth floor, he continued with his spy mission. He popped his head out of the elevator to catch a glimpse of Minah's black backpack round the corner. He followed quickly behind.

He was about to call out for her when he saw her open the door when suddenly he heard a loud shout. Jongdae narrowed his eyes when the door flung open, a short male came flying out. He yelled something in rapid mandarin before yanking Minah into the apartment.

Was he...wearing a pink apron?

Jongdae cocked his head as he started walking towards the open door.

Is that why Minah didn't want him to come over? Was it because she lived with her boyfriend? 

 


 

Minah screamed as Luhan kept shouting something at her in mandarin. She finally yanked herself out of his grasp and stared at him.

Luhan immediately stopped yelling and stared back.

Minseok, who was chilling on the couch, spoke up, "Translation, it's Baekhyun birthday in a couple months and he doesn't know what to do."

Minah let out a loud groan as she dropped her backpack on the floor, "Lu, there's still like five months okay? Chill."

Luhan gasped, "You just did not tell your mother to chill."

Minah sighed, "It's too early for this."

Luhan's mouth dropped open as he watched her walk to her room, "But it's 5:30 in the afternoon?"

He dropped onto Minseok's lap and nuzzled his face into the crook of his boyfriend's neck, "Why is she so difficult?"

Minseok let out a soft chuckle, "She's not, you're just too clingy."

Luhan opened his mouth to retort but was cut off by three solid knocks on the door. He peeped over the couch to see a strange guy standing awkwardly by the front door.

His brown hair was softly swept to the side, his eyes dark brown as he stared at Luhan. His lips were slightly upturned at the corners, even though he wasn't smiling.

"Um....Does Minah live here? I..I um..."

Luhan narrowed his eyes as he stood up, slowly approaching the new male. He was still wearing his 'Give mama a kiss' apron but he was very terrifying to the latter.

"Who are you? What do you want with my Minah?"

"Y-your Minah? I'm sorry, I didn't know she had a b-"

"MINAH!"

Luhan turned around to glare at Minseok who had just called for Minah.

Minah came out of her room, her hair no longer styled and dawned in leggings and what seemed to be Chanyeol's shirt.

"What?" She called out before freezing mid step. Her eyes widened as she caught sight of Jongdae.

"Min Min? You know this guy?"

Minah sighed, "Guys this is Jongdae. He's my project partner-"

"Friend!" Jongdae interrupted, shooting Luhan a dazzling smile.

"Project partner." Minah confirmed.

"Jongdae, this is Luhan," Minah slightly nudged the said male to stop glaring at Jongdae, "And his boyfriend Minseok. They are my....roommates."

Jongdae's eyes widened as he looked between Minseok and Luhan, "B-boyfriend? Roommate?"

Minah rolled her eyes as she pulled at Jongdae's sleeve, making him step into the apartment. She kicked the door shut and grabbed her backpack before making her way to her room, "Jongdae don't ask, Luhan and Minseok leave us alone, we'll be working."

Minseok nodded while Luhan whispered things feverishly into the latter's ear. 
Minah rolled her eyes at Luhan's not so subtle gossiping and led Jongdae to her room.

"So this is my room.....not much to it." She said nervously as she pushed her paints into one pile, making room to put her backpack on her table.

"Y-you live with two guys?"

Minah sighed, "Jongdae, I swear I'm not that kind of girl. It's a long story and honestly, do you mind not bringing it up?"

Jongdae nodded as he pulled out a notebook, "I just wanted to hang out.....not many people are genuinely nice to me."

"I'm not nice to you."

"You're nicer than others."

Minah's stare softened at Jongdae's words. The latter always seemed so cheerful and happy. Minah had always found him annoying but she was now having second thoughts.

"The topic is memories right? I was thin-"

"MIN MIN BABY?!!! WHERE ARE YOUUU!??"

Jongdae's eyes widened, "Boyfriend?"

Minah sighed, "I'm single and probably will be for the rest of my life because of these six."

"Six?"

Minah closed her eyes and counted to ten, "I really hope this doesn't change your perspective of me."

Jongdae stared at her as she got up, motioning for him to follow. They walked out of her room only to run into a small male.

His smile dropped from his face when he saw Jongdae and smirked when he saw that they had come out of Minah's room, "Minaahh, are you forgetting to tell Baekkie something?"

"Baek this is Jongdae, Jongdae this is Baekhyun, my most annoying roommate."

Baekhyun rolled his eyes as he swung an arm around Minah, dragging her into the living room. Jongdae scratched the back of his neck in confusion and followed. 
What was going on?

Minah squirmed in Baekhyun's hold until she froze, eyeing the plastic bag that was in Kris's hand. He froze when he saw her eyeing him. Kris gently dropped the bag on the coffee table, slowly holding two hands in the air in surrender.

"CHICKEN TIME!" Chanyeol announced, scaring the out of Jongdae.

"Let's see how many plates we need, one, five, eight...okay eig- wait." Chanyeol stopped and looked Jongdae up and down.

"Are you real?" He turned to Baekhyun, "Babe, can you see him?"

Baekhyun let out a small laugh as he patted the latter's waist, "Yes honey, we can all see the strange little man standing in our living room."

"You shouldn't be talking."

"Shut up Kris."

Minah rubbed her forehead with two fingers. Jongdae just blinked as he took in the 6 very attractive looking men in her apartment.

"Min-min, can you introduce us to your friend?" Yixing shushed Baekhyun and Kris and looked at Minah expectedly.

Minah smiled gratefully at Yixing as she motioned to Jongdae, "Guys, this is Jongdae. He followed me home like a creep, but we're cool."

Jongdae hiccuped in nervousness, causing seven pairs of eyes to turn to him. Chanyeol was the first to break the silence, "Oh my god he's adorable! Yixingie can we keep him?? Please! I'll feed him lots and I won't forget to water him."

"He's not a pet you idiot." Minah chided, smacking Chanyeol on the back of the head. He pouted and rubbed his head, whining about Minah being unfair.

"Jongdae, these 5 idiots, Yixing is chill, are my roommates. Chanyeol and Baekhyun are dating. Luhan and Minseok are also dating and surprisingly Kris and Yixing are together too."

Jongdae smiled, "I remember Yixing. He's the really cute one that you protected last month."

Minah rolled her eyes, "Jongdae, he's in our literature class. You literally sit behind him."

Jongdae's eyes widened as he quickly bowed. Yixing laughed and waved him off. Chanyeol clapped his hands together and swung one arm over Minah and the other over Jongdae, "Let's go eat some chicken my friends."

Minah whined and protested, claiming that Kris got the chicken just for her. 
Unfortunately, she missed the small genuine smile that made its way onto Jongdae's face when he heard Chanyeol say the word friends.



 


 

Kris made sure Yixing was preoccupied with Jongdae's antics before slipping out of his seat. He took Minah's empty plate and motioned to it when Yixing shot him a quick glance. Yixing turned his attention back to Jongdae who was in the middle of telling a very 'exciting' story.

Kris chuckled lowly to himself as he placed the dishes in the sink. Yixing was an easy one to amuse. He shot one last look at the dimpled male in the living room before opening the fridge. Kris brought out the birthday cake that he so painfully hid for almost three days. He quickly stuck a couple candles in the cake and lit them.

"Minah!" Kris shouted. Minah turned to him with a confused expression. Kris glared at her and she got up, rolling her eyes. 
She stormed into the kitchen, "What? I was in the middle of - is that a cake?"

Kris nodded, "It's Xing-"

"OH MY GOD WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?!"

Kris quickly slammed a hand over and sheepishly grinned at Yixing who turned to them. He waved half heatedly as he hissed at Minah, "Keep it down bozo. Now, go over there and tell Baek and Chan to start singing when I walk in, the others are smart enough to join." 

Minah gave him two thumbs up before racing out of the kitchen. Kris watched with an amused smile as the latter squeezed in between Chanyeol and Baekhyun who happily welcomed her into their grabby hands

Minah leaned closer to Chanyeol and whispered something in his ear. His eyes lit up afterwards, a big smile gracing his face as he turned towards Yixing. Kris scoffed, dork. 

Minah did the same to Baekhyun and he also had the same reaction as his equally dorky boyfriend. Minah turned to Kris and beckoned him to come closer. Kris nodded and picked up the cake, banging his fist against the wall to catch everyone's attention. Yixing's eyes widened as soon as he saw the cake in Kris's hands, his cheeks slowly turning red. 

Kris smiled widely as he walked closer to the flustered male. Baekhyun and Chanyeol started to sing the 'Happy Birthday' song on the top of their lungs. Luhan squealed and quickly joined in. Minseok laughed at his incredibly adorable boyfriend before he started singing as well. Jongdae seemed confused but caught on when Minah whispered in his ear.

Kris bent down, gently placing the cake on the table in front of Yixing. He leaned over the cake, careful to avoid the tiny flames. He pressed a loving kiss on Yixing's lips before whispering, "Happy Birthday baby."