Episode 9

The Adventures of the Flaming Homouals

In which she gets sick:

Minah sniffled miserably. Her head hurt, aches, her body is sore and she can't stop shivering. She tried to sit up but her body didn't respond. Minah groaned loudly as she rolled over, pulling the blankets over her head.

"Min? It's time to get up."

She whimpered when she heard Yixing call for her. Luckily the latter heard her soft call for help and walked towards the bed. He lifted the blankets and frowned when he saw Minah, bloodshot eyes, puffy face and all.

"Minah?" He pressed his hand to her forehead and gasped dramatically, pulling his hand to his chest like he had just been burned. Yixing hightailed out of the room, leaving Minah to mentally curse the older. Wasn't he supposed to be the nice one?

Just seconds later, Luhan burst through the door, a worried Baekhyun a step behind, "Oh my god! My poor baby girl, she's sick! What if she dies? NO SHE'S TOO YOUNG."

Minah watched with a straight face as Luhan fell to his knees, clutching her hand tightly in between his own tiny doll hands.

"Uh Lu?"

"Yes sweetie?"

"I have a cold, not a terminal disease, so could you like...." She tugged lightly at her hand, "Let go of me?"

Luhan frowned but released her hands. Baekhyun froze for a second before dropping his backpack and diving under the covers. Minah screamed (well, the best she could with a sore throat) as Baekhyun popped up from underneath the duvet. He turned to her and grinned as he leaned back against the pillow.

"Baek? Seriously?" Minah asked, clutching the duvet close to her chest.

Baekhyun threw his hands behind his head and relaxed against the headboard, "I don't want to go to class today, now I have an excuse."

Minah raised an eyebrow, "And that excuse is me being sick?"

Baekhyun nodded earnestly, "I gotta take care of my MinMin don't I?"

Minah opened to retort but Luhan beat her to it, "No, you have a test today. Get out you lazy ."

Baekhyun pouted, throwing the duvets off his body. He grumbled as he picked up his backpack and walked out of Minah's room.

Minah smiled as she turned to Luhan, "Thanks, I thought I would have to deal with his annoyi- what are you doing?"

Luhan smiled sheepishly as he sat in the spot where Baekhyun was previously laying, "Today's Tuesday! That means no classes!"

Minah blinked, "Today is Friday."

Luhan shook his head, "Sweetie I think you're delirious from your cold, it's Tuesday."

"Luhan, get your out the door before I make you."

Minah looked up to see an unamused Kris standing by the doorway, holding a bowl of steaming soup. Luhan rolled off the bed and grabbed his backpack. He pressed a light kiss on Minah's forehead before running out the door. Minah gagged as she dramatically wiped her entire forehead, "Unbelievable, he just mom'ed me."

Kris set the bowl down on her nightstand and sat down at the foot of her bed, "He is one hundred percent convinced that you are his daughter." He said as he pulled a thermometer out of his pocket.

"How did you know I was sick?" Minah asked, eyeing the thermometer.

Kris shrugged, "It's not that hard, considering Yixing was running around frantically yelling 'Minah is sick! I repeat, our baby is sick!"

Minah kept eyeing the thermometer, a thought forming in her head, "Do you always carry a thermometer in your pock-"

She was cut off by Kris sticking the thermometer in .  She pouted as she glared at him, clearly unhappy that people kept cutting her off today. Kris gently nudged her forehead back as a reply. She pretended to throw a punch at his arm and Kris smiled, amused by her antics. The thermometer beeped and Kris took it before Minah could.

"Hmm...101.3. You're staying home."

Minah rolled her eyes, "Thanks Nurse Kris."

"Shut it. I'm staying home today by the way, my professor canceled. But I have soccer practice at four but I'm sure Minseok will be back by then."

Minah scrunched her nose, "Who are you? What happened to the grumpy old man that I know?"

"You look terrible and I'm pretty sure there's a booger on your nose." Kris deadpanned, handing Minah a tissue. She smiled and wiped her nose, "That's more like it."

Kris grinned as he motioned to the piping bowl of soup, "Eat up, Yixing made you oxtail soup."

Minah hummed happily as Kris placed the tray in her lap, "Thanks Kris."

Kris watched her, amused as she poked at her soup, cooing happily. Yixing was right, she was just like a baby. 






 

Jongdae looked at Kris and Yixing who were walking in front of him, hands tightly intertwined.

"Um...Yixing?" Jongdae called out. Yixing turned around, stopping when he caught sight of Jongdae. He smiled as the younger male caught up to them.

"What's up Jongdae?"

Jongdae looked at his fingers, fiddling them nervously, "Um...I was wondering..um-"

"Where Minah was?"

Jongdae snapped his head up, eyes wide, "Y-yea."

Kris narrowed his eyes, "Why?" His tone was suspicious and made Jongdae want to pee his pants in fear. Yixing nudged Kris's side and placed a comforting hand on Jongdae's shoulder, "She's at home, she's sick."

"Sick?!" Jongdae bowed to Yixing and Kris before running in the opposite direction.

"What the heck?" Yixing scratched the back of his neck, "I was certain that he would ask to come with us."

Kris shrugged as he continued walking, "Whatever babe. I don't understand that kid anyway."

Yixing sighed as he started walking again. This time, he stayed silent, thinking hard about why Jongdae ran off like that.

"Stop thinking that hard, you'll hurt yourself."

Yixing was snapped out of his thoughts as Kris wrapped a hand around his waist, settling on the younger's hip, a thumb resting loosely in the pant's belt loop. "Come on, I bet Minseok's talking Minah's ear off." Kris chuckled lightly to himself, "Gotta go save the little peanut."

Yixing smiled widely, his gaze fixated on Kris's face. Kris turned to Yixing, one eyebrow raised, "Do I have something on my face?"

Yixing shook his head, "It's just...you're being so nice to Min and...peanut?"

Kris shrugged, "I feel bad for being such a jerk to her. She only wanted to help. Besides I have nicknames for all the boys, why can't I have one for her?"

Yixing's smile only widened as he leaned up, pressing a chaste kiss on Kris's lips, "I'm glad you're opening up to someone else. I was worried that she was to much like...." Yixing's voice trailed off.

Kris's expression dropped but he quickly masked it with a smile, "It's okay, past is in the past. I can always use a another diva in my life." Kris fell silent, "Actually no, let's replace Luhan and Baekhyun with Minah. Oh, while we're at it, let's kick Chanyeol out too."

Yixing let out a loud laugh earning a gummy smile from Kris, "This is why I love you." Yixing said, in between breaths.

Kris beamed. 



 

Minah was relaxed. Minseok was taking a nap next to her. He was curled up in a ball, tightly hugging the pillow as he snored gently. He originally laid down next to her, claiming that telling stories will put her in ease. Minseok ended up sending himself to sleep, leaving Minah in silence.

Minah scoffed, and she thought Minseok was the quiet one.

She sighed as she turned to her side, facing Minseok's back. She really appreciated the boys, more than they think. The feelings between each one was platonic (obviously) but she felt a sense of security with each boy.

Minah's thoughts were interrupted by the front door opening and a gentle call, "MinMin? Are you awake?"

Minah sat up, pausing for a second before swinging her legs over the edge of the bed. She stood up, freezing when Minseok let out a partially loud snore. She turned around, making sure the older boy was still sound asleep before shuffling out of her room. She saw Kris and Yixing standing in the living room. Kris was all sweaty from soccer practice, his hair matted and sticking to his forehead. Yixing looked worriedly at Minah.

"I know I know, a sick person should be resting but I've been sleeping all day! And besides, Minseok is taking up a large portion of the bed."

Yixing giggled, "Miseok talk himself to sleep again?"

Minah sighed, "You have no idea."

Kris opened his mouth to say something but was cut off by the doorbell ringing.

"We have a doorbell?!" Kris asked, walking towards the front door. Minah cocked her head to the side as she followed Kris. Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Luhan all had keys, so unless one of them forgot their keys, Minah had no idea who could be at the door.

The second Kris opened the door, Jongdae burst through. He was sweaty and breathing heavily. He still had his backpack on and he was holding a small basket.

"Uh...."

His eyes widened when he saw Minah. "Minah! Go back to bed! Sick people shouldn't be up and about." He quickly walked to Minah, swinging an arm over her shoulder as he guided her back to her room.

He froze once he saw Minseok sprawled out of her bed, snoring. Jongdae spun around and walked through the nearest open door, which just happened to be Kris and Yixing's room. He forcefully pushed Minah down, pulling the covers over her as he set the basket down on the desk.

"Uh Jongd-"

"Hush! Don't strain your throat."

Minah shut as Kris and Yixing walk into their room, highly amused on what was happening. Jongdae started pulling out random tea bags from the basket he brought, "I got a bunch of tea for you, I didn't know what you were sick with so this one helps with your throat, this one helps with headaches and th-"

"Jongdae I hate tea."

He stopped mid sentence and turned to Minah, "Y-you don't like tea?"

He looked in despair at the bags of tea that he bought. Minah caught his mood dampening and quickly grabbed his arm, "I haven't had it in years....maybe I like your tea?"

Jongdae's face lit up, a smile stretched from ear to ear as he grabbed a handful of tea bags, "I'll be right back!"

He ran past Kris and Yixing and Minah snorted when she heard him rummaging through the kitchen.

"You're getting sooofftt." Yixing cooed as he slipped next to Minah in bed.

"What is with you six and cuddling?" Minah asked, exasperated as Yixing laid his head on her arm. Kris raised a tentative hand, "I don't do cuddling."

"Shut up Kris."

"Just saying." 







 

When Minah woke again, it was dark. She blinked a couple times before slightly sitting up. She stopped when she heard Yixing groan from next to her. Minah turned to see Yixing using her arm as a teddy bear. Kris was knocked out in his big office chair and Jongdae was curled up at the foot of the bed. Jongdae refused to leave the night before, claiming that he didn't trust Chanyeol and Baekhyun.  Luhan put up a fight but after seeing the many....many cups of tea Jongdae had made, he stepped down. Minah smiled, feeling lighter when she realized that her head no longer ached, and felt like new.

Maybe she did like tea.