Episode 5

The Adventures of the Flaming Homouals

In which she goes to an amusement park:

was about to go down.

Baekhyun had just found out that Chanyeol went to the new amusement park that opened recently without him. 
Oh, and he was angry.
Angry with a capital A.

Minah was innocently playing a game of monopoly with Minseok and Yixing when Baekhyun stormed into the living room, an apologizing Chanyeol in tow. Baekhyun paid no heed as he grabbed Minah's wrist, who in reflex grabbed Yixing's sleeve.

"We are going now! And I'm not bringing you. Now go to our room and think about what you have done."

Chanyeol pouted and crossed his arms before storming off to his room like an overgrown toddler.

"Great, can you let me go? I'm about to bankrupt Minseok." Minah asked, tugging at her arm.

Baekhyun snorted, "You think I'm kidding? Get your shoes on guys! We're going to an amusement park."

Yixing tentatively raised his hand.

Baekhyun sighed, "Yes Xing, there will be cotton candy."

Yixing smiled brightly before running off to get his shoes.


 

Minah sat in the car, very skeptical about joining the other boys. Yixing looked back and motioned for Minah. Minab shook her was. Yixing glared at her, as if he was sending a silent warning.  "Get out of the car or else."

Minah scoffed, Yixing was barely over five foot five. He was cuddly and afraid of the dark. What could he possibly do?

Yixing shrugged, "You asked for it." Before Minah could ask what that meant, Yixing grabbed her, tossing her over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. "I'm a dancer sweetheart, I have some muscles." Yixing said with a light tone as he kicked the car door shut. Minseok turned and burst out laughing when he saw Minah.

She pouted as Yixing passed Minseok, "Help me." She mouthed.

Minseok yanked out his phone and took a picture. 



 

"Uh no, you, I'm out."

Minah started to walk away but Baekhyun grabbed onto her sleeve.

"No way missy, you're riding it."

Minah let out a whine as she tried to pull her arm away from Baekhyun's iron grip. No luck.

"What about Yixing! He's not riding it!"

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, "Kris banned rollercoasters for Yixing when he threw up on Kris."

"But Kris isn't here." Minah kept whining, not wanting to ride the big metal death trap that awaited her.

Baekhyun threw his hands in the air, "Fine! Be that way. You're grounded young lady."

"I don't understand, why do you people think I'm your daughter?" Minah grumbled as Baekhyun stormed away, joining Minseok in line. She let out a breath of relief, content that she had gotten out of riding the rollercoaster. Minah tugged on her sweater nervously as she looked around. Yixing was gone, most probably to but his eighth stick of cotton candy.....Kris was going to kill us.

"Oh! Minah! What a delightful surprise!" 

Minah swore, at that moment, all life drained from her body. She forcefully turned around, wincing when she saw Reyna and three of her little minions behind her.

"Reyna wow! Look at you, still y as ever!" Minah retorted with a smile.

Reyna rolled her eyes, "Shut up, did you come alone? Or did your daddy bring you? Oh wait I forgot! He left his poor little princess behind."

Minah's fist clenched behind her body. Reyna always loved to poke fun at her father. Minah's father was the greatest man she had ever known. He would listen to her unlike her mom. He would treat her like she was the greatest thing in the world. Minah really loved him.

"Hey!"

Minah was pulled out of her thoughts when Reyna snapped her fingers in front of her face.

"Listen to me when I'm talking!"

Minah rolled her eyes, "And why would I do that? Listen to me when I'm talking!" Minah mocked, making her voice go a couple octaves higher and made it more obnoxious, "That's what you sound like.....sweetheart."

Reyna's face was turning red. She opened to say something but shut it just as fast.

"Minah!"

Minah turned when she heard someone call her name. She saw Yixing running towards her, Baekhyun and Minseok in his tow. Minah turned back around to say something but was cut off by a cold liquid hitting her face. She gasped as she froze, standing still as the cold drink dripped down her body.

"MINAH!" She heard a louder shout and multiple footsteps coming closer.

She turned to see Yixing holding his cotton candy murderously tight. Yixing calmed himself down and stepped in front of Minah, "Hello I'm Yixing."

Reyna smiled, as if she didn't dump a cup of soda on Minah, "I know who you are, the legendary heartthrob dancer of Seoul University."

Yixing chuckled nervously, "I'm not that good and Kris is much better looking than me." He dropped the grin and glared at Reyna, "Minah is my friend. I don't like it when other people bully my friend."

"What he's trying to say is." Baekhyun cut Yixing off. He grabbed the cotton candy stick from Yixing and walked closer to Reyna. He faltered, "Hey aren't you the one from the shopping mall?" His gaze turned murderous, "You...." He growled.

"Baekhyun I wouldn't." Minseok called out with an airy tone. Baekhyun ignored his warning and smiled sweetly at Reyna, "Leave Minah alone okay?"

He dropped the smile and stuffed the cotton candy in her face. Minah let out a loud laugh as Reyna screamed, a stick of cotton candy was stuck of her face. Her minions froze, not wanting the same fate. Yixing threw an arm around Minah's shoulder, "Let's go Minah, I don't want to be here anymore."







 

The car ride home was deadly silent. Minah sat in the back in between Yixing and Baekhyun. Minseok was sitting in front, driving.

"Minah."

Minah tore her gaze away from the window. She turned to see Yixing glancing at her, a worried expression etched in his face.

"That girl...she said something about your dad."

Minah stiffened. So he had heard. "My father....." Minah faltered, she felt like there was a huge lump stuck in , preventing her from talking. Baekhyun placed a delicate hand on her shoulder, squeezing gently and reassuringly.

"My father died, ten years ago. I was nine." Minah blinked, taking a deep breath before continuing, "It was a rainy night. He was working late. I was talking on the phone with him. I had a nightmare and my mother wouldn't let me sleep with her. And then....the phone cut. I thought his battery died or something....."

Minah sniffed, quickly wiping a stray tear. Yixing had tears in his own eyes and Baekhyun's grip became tighter. "He didn't come home the next day.....or the day after that. A man came and dropped the news on us. That's when my mother stopped caring for me. From the age of nine....I was my own mom and dad."

Minah's gaze fluttered to her lap, not wanting to meet the eyes of any of the boys, "It's okay though. It stopped bothering me a long time ago. Reyna just thinks he walked out of my life....I don't try to correct her, it's not worth it."

Minah looked up and caught Minseok's eyes looking back at her from the rear view mirror. She shot him a quick smile.

"My...mY POOR BABY! WAIT TILL YOU GET HOME I'll GIVE YOU A HUG!"

Minah froze when she heard Luhan's voice.

"You guys heard that right? That wasn't just in my head?"

Baekhyun pulled out his phone from his back pocket and swore, " sorry Minah. I accidentally dialed him."

"Jeez Minah, now I feel like I need to give you a hug too."

Minah groaned when she heard Chanyeol's voice, "Are all three of you there?"

There was a slight pause before they heard an answer, "Yea and I think Kris just walked out."

Yixing gave Minah a weak smile, "Well....if it makes you feel any better, we now know that Luhan will try his best to be your mom and dad."

Minah sighed, "That's what I was afraid off."