Episode 16

The Adventures of the Flaming Homouals

In which they protect:  

Minah burst into the apartment, breathing heavily. 
"GUYS WE HAVE SOME BA- Kris are you wearing a wig?" 

The tall male turned around, two pocky sticks were hanging out of his mouth and he had a long hot pink wig on. Grinning at Minah, he spread his arms, "Look peanut! I'm a walrus!" 

Minah's mouth dropped open, she turned to see Baekhyun and Chanyeol taking a video and snickering to themselves. 

"Someone explain!" 

Baekhyun giggled as Kris mooed, claiming he was that he was a singing walrus. 

"He looses his mind when he gets less then three hours of sleep." 

Chanyeol snickered, "It only happened once before, oh man this is gold!" 

Minah groaned as she snatched Kris's wig off his head and pulled out the two pocky sticks from his mouth.

"Peeaanuuutt." Kris pouted. 

Minah smacked her forehead, "In the living room Kris, now." 

Kris frowned but walked towards the living room, mumbling about a 'mean peanut'. Minah turned to Baekhyun and Chanyeol, "You too, we have a problem."

Chanyeol seemed to understand the seriousness of the issue because he grabbed Baekhyun's wrist and walked to the living room where Kris was trying to fit in Minah's sweater. 

"MinSEOK! LUHAN! YIXIIINNGG." Minah yelled into the apartment. In seconds, she heard loud thumps before Luhan's door flew open. He raced out of the room and towards Minah. Minseok followed, shirtless and annoyed. 

Luhan circled Minah, checking for any injuries. Minah opened to say something when she caught sight of a red mark on Luhan's throat. Her eyes widened as she looked at Minseok who had his arms crossed and was looking at her, slightly irritated. 

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry." She blurted out once she realized what she had done (more like what she had stopped.) 

"This is really important though!" Minah said meekly, shrinking under Minseok's glare. 

"What's this?" 

Minah screamed when she heard Yixing's voice from behind her. She turned around to see the dimpled male was looking at the poster she pulled down. He still had a coat on and he had bags of groceries in his hands.

"Geez give a girl a warning." Minah said, trying to calm her racing heart. 

Yixing grinned cheekily, "So what's the bad news?" 

"Someone put this up on the announcement board." Minah said, taking the poster back, "Its really bad." 

Yixing nodded and placed the groceries on the counter before walking to the living room. 

"My looveee!!!!" Kris yelled when he saw Yixing enter the room. 

Yixing sighed. Kris was wearing Minah's light pink sweater but it was small on his huge frame. It barely covered his belly button and was stretched out near the shoulders and biceps. 

"Oh god." Minseok whistled lowly, "Not again." 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol did nothing about this situation besides laugh and take pictures. Kris seemed to notice this and he grinned. 

"Photoshoot!" He yelled, trying to strike a pose. 

"Uh no." Yixing said, taking the phones away from Baekyeol, "We have a serious problem."

He showed them the poster. 

It was of them, well more just Minah. 

Yoon Minah, the of the campus?

Yixing frowned. Underneath the title, there were pictures of Minah's birthday party. A picture of Kris putting the necklace on her, another of them all hugging her. 

There was a QR code at the bottom with the caption, 'Scan here for video proof!'. 

Minseok whipped out his phone and scanned the code. It opened up a video on YouTube, entitled, "Campus living with the 6 flower boys?"

Minseok pressed play and the others crowded around him, minus the giggling Kris who was trying to touch his own reflection in the flatscreen t.v. 

The video started with Minah smiling at all the boys, "I love all you guys. You're the best roommates!" On screen Minah said. The video froze and captions popped up on the screen.

"Well, you heard it yourself. Yoon Minah, the seemingly innocent girl is a vixen, out to steal our boys. "


Luhan frowned, "That's bull! Is anyone believing this crap?" 

Minseok looked at Minah with a sad expression, "Apparently everyone, the comment section is full to the brim with really.....really mean comments."

Baekhyun grabbed the phone from Minseok and scrolled down, "M-Minah...they're calling you-"

"We have school tomorrow, I'm going to sleep." Minah cut Baekhyun off and walked away, slamming her room door shut behind her. 

Yixing looked around the room, a worried expression etched in his face, "Guys watch out for Minah tomorrow, I have a feeling that it's not going to be pretty."

Chanyeol nodded and pulled out his phone, "I'm calling Jongdae."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Minah kept her head high as she walked to her first class. The usual crowded hallway seemed empty, the students were pressing themselves against the lockers, leaving as much room as they can between Minah and them. Minah flinched when a couple girls threw derogatory phrases at her but she didn't falter in her step.

"Confidence Minah, don't show them your weak," Minah repeated to herself, "You didn't do anything wrong. The boys are all in relationships and you are innocent. Other people's thoughts don't matter."

Minah opened the door to her classroom, freezing when she saw everyone staring at her. The professor hadn't arrived yet and the air seemed thick as she slowly made her way to her seat. 

She slid off her backpack and went to go sit down, only to fall on her when the girl behind her pulled her chair out from underneath her. 

"Hey!" 

Minah looked up to see Jongdae making his way towards her. He was staring daggers at the girl who pulled the chair. 

"Apologize to her!" Jongdae growled. Minah sighed heavily and tugged at his pant sleeve, "Dae, just leave it." 

"Leave...leave it?! Minah, do you even know what people have been saying about you?!"

Minah nodded, "I do, and it doesn't matter. None of it is true, their opinions don't matter."

The girl behind her scoffed, "You hear that guys? Little Miss is all full of herself."

Jongdae glared at the girl as he helped Minah stand up, "Hey, knock it off."

The girl blinked in surprise. This was the first time Jongdae had ever raised his voice like this. He was always an easy going person, always fun to talk to and be around. But now, it seemed like he was a whole other person. 

There was burning rage in his eyes and he protectively stood near Minah, glaring at everyone around them. 

It was no secret that Jongdae enjoyed Minah's company and that the two were usually found hanging out somewhere together but this was taking it to a whole other level.  

The professor walked in, oblivious to the thick tension in the air and started class. 
Minah could only take notes, ignoring the glares thrown at her. 

 

 

 

Minah sat hunched over at the cafeteria table. Jongdae was sitting next to her, trying to make her smile. 

The latter hadn't spoken a word since literature and Jongdae was starting to get really worried. 

"Minah please? Eat something." Jongdae tried to bribe her with a cookie. Minah only shook her head. 

Jongdae opened his mouth to say something but was cut off by a loud crash. He leaned forward to see that a group of girls, lead by Reyna, had knocked over Minah's backpack. 

"Reyna, leave me alone." Minah hissed. 

Reyna let out a loud laugh as she flipped a section of her perfectly curled blonde hair, "Oh honey, why would I do that? It's not fair that you get to hog all the boys."

Minah stood up, slamming a fist against the table, "I'm not hogging them. We are all friends, and only friends. I just happen to have them as roommates and nothing happens between us. So pull your head out of your and stop making such dumb accusations."

Reyna's smirk faded as she turned slightly red, "Accusations? I just saw the video."

This time, Jongdae was the one to stand up, "Shut it Reyna, we all know it was you who posted the video."

Reyna laughed nervously out loud, "I don't know why you think that! That's so ridicul-"

"Ridiculous? No I don't think so."

Reyna spun around to see Baekhyun standing behind her, his arms crossed. He was angry.

Behind him was an equally angry Chanyeol. 

"We asked our landlord, turns out a foreign girl, with blonde hair had followed Chanyeol and Minah up. So, Reyna, does our accusations seem ridiculous now?"

Reyna rolled her eyes, "Why are you trying to make me the bad guy? I just exposed Minah as she really is! A who-"

"Don't you dare ing finish that sentence."

Minah's eyes widened when she realized who said that. Yixing was approaching Reyna, his hands balled up in fists. Jongdae snickered at Yixing's use of the f-bomb.

"She is not a , we are all in a committed relationship." Yixing continued. He turned and stormed up to the table in the middle of the cafeteria. Kris was right behind him. 

Shooting a reassuring look at Minah, they joined hands and climbed on top of the table. 

Kris brought his fingers to his lips and whistled loudly. The cafeteria went dead silent, all eyes were on the two boys standing on the table. 

"Listen up people! It's true, Minah is rooming with me, Kris, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Luhan and Minseok. But she is no ! In fact, we are all in relationships." Yixing yelled, addressing the student body. 

Kris nodded and pulled Yixing in for a kiss, "I've been dating Zhang Yixing for more than two years."

"Hey, dickwads! Listen up!"

Minah spun to see Baekhyun and Chanyeol standing on a table, a couple feet away from her. 

"We're rooming with Minah too but guess what s?!" Baekhyun yelled. He yanked Chanyeol down, connecting their lips in a feverish kiss. 

"I've been dating Chanyeol since I was 11."


Whispers erupted as students gossiped to one another, typing away at their phones, posting about this big event.

The four most popular guys at college, had just come out. 
  
"Yoo-hoo!" 
Minah almost laughed out loud when she heard a familiar, high pitched yell. She turned to see Luhan and Minseok standing on a table, just a couple feet away from Minah. 

"We're rooming with Minah too! And guess what? I like it up the too!" 

Minseok shoved Luhan for being too vulgar but kissed him nevertheless. 

The chatter got louder. The star players on the soccer team had also come out. 

Kris put his finger up to his lips once again and let loose a ear piercing whistle. The cafeteria fell silent and Kris put his hands on his waist. 

"I never want to hear such vulgar words, comments and insults ever again. We are all in the same community, the same school, why are we so against each other? I used to know a wonderful boy named Tao."
Kris faltered, his breathing became labored as he tried to calm himself down. Yixing squeezed Kris's hand, and with renewed confidence, the tall male continued to talk, "He was brilliant, he excelled in every subject, he was amazing at wushu. He had a real musical talent. Everyone who knew him thought he was going to end up in a high position. But no. Because of people like you.....people who were jealous, corrupted and twisted at heart, they brought the poor boy down."

Silence. 

"You know where he is now?" Kris's tone got angrier as he glared everyone down, "He is 6 feet under when in reality, he should have been soaring with the birds. All because some low life teenagers couldn't handle that Tao was better than them."

The atmosphere was dense, many had their heads down in shame. 

"Listen to me, I don't want to hear anyone ganging up on another person. You never know their backstory, you never know how miserable they are. That small comment that you make, that you think is harmless, could be their breaking point." 

Kris finished his lecture, breathing heavily, he slid down from the table. Turning around, he helped Yixing down as well. 

Everyone in the cafeteria watched with heavy hearts as the six walked out of the cafeteria, Minah and Jongdae in tow.