Episode 19

The Adventures of the Flaming Homouals

Triple Update: Make sure to start reading at episode 18


In which they get a new family member:

Jongdae bit his fingernails nervously as he stood by the curb. His short black hair was covered by a SnapBack gifted to him by Chanyeol. (The latter took his parenting role very seriously.)

It was a hot July afternoon. The eight of them had just came back to Korea just weeks ago. Their trip to America was an interesting one.

Starting with Baekhyun getting mistaken as a 12 year old and ending with Chanyeol getting stuck in a kiddy coaster. Funny how those two always end up in some trouble.

Yixing, Luhan and Kris had all been bugging him to finally ask Minah but every time Jongdae tried to ask, he chickened out....literally.

At least three times, he had squawked like a chicken in Minah's face. Jongdae shuddered just thinking about it. But finally, he got the perfect idea when Minah brought him to a dog café. Minah seemed to love the dogs and Jongdae found her extremely cute when cooing at a puppy. So, he decided to get her a puppy.

And that's why he was standing outside on a 95 degree day, waiting for Kris to pick him up and take him to the dog pound.

Soon enough, the tall male pulled up to Jongdae's apartment. Jongdae grinned and ran to the car, sitting inside.

Kris smiled as he greeted him, "Dae, you should just move in, you're at our place 99% of the time anyway."

"Already looking for someone to buy my apartment."

Kris chuckled, "So what kind of dog were you thinking?"

Jongdae sighed, "I talked to the rest of the boys and they said they were okay with any dog, as long as it's somewhat small."

Kris nodded, "Easy."





 

"Not easy.....so not easy." Jongdae wailed as he writhed in a cage of puppies. The small boogers yapped and jumped on the tall male and Jongdae was near tears. He kept saying the word cute and Kris was half convinced to just leave him at the pound.

"Jongdae, we just have to pick one!"

Jongdae frowned, "It's not that easy Kris! Look, they're all asking to be taken home!"

He froze, "Kris?"

"Oh god"

"Can we take allllll of the-"

"No."

"But Kriiiiissss."

"No."

Jongdae pouted as he picked a puppy off his shoulder, "Fine, I'll go look at the other side."

He hopped out of the puppy cage and walked to the other side of the store where he made eye contact with the doggie in the corner.

He frowned at how sad it looked. Jongdae walked towards it, reaching a hand out. The dog immediately shot its head up and nuzzled Jongdae's hand, before his fingers gently.

"She's a gentle one, although no one wants her because she's not a puppy." The caretaker appeared behind Jongdae, staring at the poor dog.

Jongdae frowned and turned back around. He looked at the dog's light brown eyes. Her eyes seemed to be calling for Jongdae, begging him to give her a chance. She seemed so nice and cuddly too!

Jongdae made up his mind, "I'll take her."

"But she's full grown."

"So am I!"

"I doubt that."

"Shut up Kris."






 

Minah sighed as she dropped her keys in the bowl on the stand next to the door. It was late at night and her shift had just ended. Usually it ended at six but her boss asked to stay after to cover another employee's shift. Minah wanted the money so she said okay.

She hissed when another shot of pain radiated through her back, maybe she should have said no.

The apartment was empty, strange considering it was dinner time.

"Guys?!" Minah called out into the dark apartment. Silence.....and then she heard it. Faint clicking.

It sounded like nails on hardwood. Minah the light and gasped loudly when she saw a huge dog, at least up to her mid thighs staring at her.

The dog was fluffy and huge. Minah recognized the breed immediately. A bernese mountain dog. 

Minah dropped to her knees and held out her hand. The dog slowly got up and padded its way over to her. Minah cooed as the dog settled in front of Minah, gently her hand before nuzzling Minah's arm.

"Hello baby! How'd you get here?" Minah asked, trying to read the dog's collar.

She grinned when she caught the name.

Mia.

"Hello Mia! You're so beautiful!" Minah cooed as she rubbed her hands in Mia's fluffy fur.

Mia suddenly got up and walked into the kitchen. Minah frowned as she watched the dog disappear behind the counter.

She gasped when Mia came back with a huge pink bouquet of flowers in . Minah laughed as she looked around, trying to catch sight of any human. Mia dropped the flowers in front of Minah and whined, pawing the ground near the flowers.

Minah rubbed Mia's head as she picked up the flowers, smiling as she caught sight of a note.

She unfurled it, Mia's fur as she read the note.

Dear Minah, 
I'm not very good with expressing my feelings. Well....I kinda am but not with you. It's dumb, I've had this stupid crush on you since we met a couple months ago. I really like you and not just you, I really love your laugh and the way you hit me when I'm being stupid (I think it's endearing). I like the way you put up with me and I love the way you and all your friends accepted me. I've tried asking multiple times in America. Yea, every time I ran away squawking, that was my attempt of asking you out. I had literally chickened out but I needed to man up....and ask you out through a dog.

Well .

Um, I'll work on the whole 'manning up' thing but, I was wondering if you would be my girlfriend? I promise to treat you like you mean the world to me, well you kinda do but still...

-Jongdae

P.S Minah, this is Mia. I was going to get you a puppy but I thought Mia would be a better fit to our family of eight.

P.P.S. If you didn't notice, Mia's ours now, I adopted her.

P.P.P.S 
I might be moving in sometime before school starts (Blame Baekyeol, they wanted their 'child' nearby.)

Minah laughed out loud as she took the flowers in her hand, sniffing them. They were so pretty and smelled so nice.

"Jongdae?! Where are you?"

"You didn't answer yet!"

Minah grinned when she heard a familiar voice from the kitchen.

"Well maybe, if I see your face, I'll answer."

"You can't say no then."

"Jongdae!"

Jongdae stepped out into view, his head dropped as he slowly made his way to Minah. Minah rolled her eyes before pulling Jongdae into a tight hug. The latter gasped in surprise as Minah hid her face in the crook of his neck.

"Hug me back you idiot." Minah mumbled, her cheeks slowly turning red. Jongdae snapped back to reality and wrapped his arms around Minah, a smile growing on his face as he realized what was happening.

He picked Minah up, spinning her around as he laughed. Minah squealed loudly as she smacked his chest with the flowers, "Put me down you idiot!"

"We're dating!"

"Yes."

"I'm going to tell everyone!"

"Jongd-"

"I'm going to rub it in that stupid class president's face!"

"Jongd-"

"I'm going to call my mom right now!"

"JONGDAE!"

Jongdae smiled at Minah, "Yes?"

"Are you going to put me down?"

Jongdae grinned as he set Minah down again, "Sorry! I just really like you!"

Minah smiled softly as she gently pat his cheek, "I know Dae." She bent down to ruffle Mia's fur, "But first, can we take this cutie for a walk?"

Jongdae nodded and ran to the kitchen to grab Mia's blue leash. He attached it to her collar and grinned when Mia softly barked at him.

He wrapped the leash end around his wrist and held out his arm, looking expectedly at Minah. Minah grinned as she looped her arm through Jongdae's. Mia led them out of the apartment, Jongdae made sure to close the door before they got on the elevator. 
 

"Wait, was that a yes?"

"Yes you idiot."

Mia woofed happily.