Wedding OVA

The Adventures of the Flaming Homouals

Minah sighed as she stared at the wall length mirror hanging on the door.

The heels. 
The jewelry.
The dress.
The makeup.

It wasn't her at all.

But she had to wear all those things. For love. For Yixing and Kris's wedding.

Oh god, the love she had for Yixing surpassed all her discomfort. Seeing that wide smile and dimples on his face when Kris proposed was priceless.

Seeing his eyes twinkle as he walked down the aisle? Minah would kill to see that happen.

She almost did.

She had almost killed both Baekhyun and Luhan when they went shopping for bridesmaid dresses. She also almost killed them during the bachelorette party.

Yes Yixing had a bachelorette party. He spent the night drinking with Baekhyun, Luhan, Minah and Mia.

Of course Mia didn't drink, she was only there for the dog treats.

Minah was pulled out of her thoughts by a hand on his waist, curling to rest on her stomach and a nose pressed against her neck.

She blinked and tore her gaze away from her dress, looking up to see Jongdae happily nuzzling the crook of her neck.

"Can I help you?" Minah asked, a smile widening on her face as she rested her own hand on Jongdae's.

The latter was dressed up handsomely. His charcoal black suit fit him snugly, outlining his thin figure. The black dress shirt he wore underneath the suit jacket gave him an elevated look.

Instead of looking like the clumsy dork he was, he looked like a total hottie that Minah wanted to ravish.

"Pay attention to me." Jongdae whined. Minah smiled and brought her other hand up, placing it on Jongdae's cheek, her thumb gently caressing the spot behind his ear.

"You look stunning." Jongdae whispered, locking eyes with Minah through the mirror.

She smiled, winking before responding, "You don't look so bad yourself Kim."

There was a comfortable silence as the two stood there, just appreciating each other's presence. It was so quiet that Minah could hear the clicking of Mia's paws against the hardwood floor in the hallway.

She could smell Jongdae's musky cologne. The same, very expensive cologne that Minah had bought him for Valentine's Day. It warmed her heart to see (more like smell)  that Jongdae was using it so much.

"I love you."

Minah broke the silence with her sudden confession. 
She rarely said she loved Jongdae.

In their two years of dating, they had fallen into a comfortable routine. They had been living together ever since they've started dating and Minah knows that's uncommon but she didn't care. It was Jongdae. Everything about him was uncommon.

Minah showed her love physically. She always looked out for Jongdae, making him breakfast in bed because he struggled to get up in the morning, ironing his work clothes because he's scared of the iron after burning himself with it. She knew what he liked and what he disliked.

Jongdae also showed his love physically, there wasn't an hour that Minah didn't get a kiss from the black haired male. He had her in his embrace as much as he could, but he also made his love very verbal. Constantly calling her his angel, or devil at times. Saying "I love you" at the most random of times. But they both were still the same since they've started dating, unconditionally in love with each other

The year after Jongdae moved into the seven's apartment, Yixing, Kris, Luhan and Minseok had graduated. The year after that, the rest of them graduated.

Although the eight of them don't live together, they still lived fairly close together.

Actually they lived in the same apartment.

It was Luhan actually who started the whole thing. 
Minah and Jongdae found an apartment close to their work place. (Yes they worked in the same building and yes they were the power couple of the office.)

Elated, they moved in right away. A month later, they got news that there was going to be a new couple moving in next to them. Jongdae decided to bring them cookies, as a welcome gift.

So Minah was dragged out to welcome her new neighbors only to find Luhan and Minseok next door.

On the other side of them, Baekhyun and Chanyeol moved in.

Yixing and Kris shortly moved into the rooftop apartment in the same building and Minah knew at that point, that this was all coordinated.

She didn't complain. She had all her best friends in walking distance (and Yixing brought her and Jongdae a homemade dinner every once in a while).

She was glad, she had friends that would do anything for her. And she would do anything for them.

"Baaaabe pay attention to me!" Jongdae whined louder, snapping Minah out of her thoughts.

She frowned, "Sorry what did you say?"

Jongdae sighed loudly and a tad dramatically, "I said, I love you to the moon and back."

Minah smiled and turned her head, catching Jongdae off guard as she pressed their lips together. It was slightly uncomfortable, craning her neck like this but Jongdae's kisses were worth any pain.

She felt Jongdae kiss back harder and she was about to take the kiss further when she heard a loud bark. She pulled away to see Mia standing by the doorway, a basket full of wrapped presents in .

"Oh shoot! We have to go." Minah pulled away from Jongdae's embrace and grabbed her heels. She slid them on and grabbed Mia's light pink leash which matched the light pink handkerchief around her neck.

Minah clipped the leash to the dog's collar and smiled at Jongdae, "Sweetie, you have a bit of lipstick on your...." she motioned to , laughing when Jongdae wiped at his mouth frantically.
 



 

The wedding went spectacularly. Not once did anything go wrong, except when Baekhyun started crying when Yixing and Kris started exchanging vows.

Luhan started to cry when they said their "I do's".

Chanyeol broke down when they kissed. Minah could do nothing but pat the giant gently on the back.

The night was young as the music started playing. Yixing was first the hit the dance floor. Minah made sure Kris joined him before grabbing Jongdae's hand.

"It's time babe." She whispered. Jongdae's smile widened as he set down the glass of champagne in his hand. The two walked backstage and suited themselves with microphones.

Minah took a deep, shaky breath when she saw the number of people in the audience. Jongdae noticed her change of mood and grabbed her wrist.

He pulled her backwards, into his arms.

"Don't look at them. Look only at me Minah." He just with a hushed whisper, "We've practiced for so long and it's finally time."

Minah nodded and threw her arms around Jongdae's neck, hugging him tightly, "Do...do you think Baekhyun will be angry that I never told him I could sing?"

Jongdae laughed loudly, "Definitely."

Minah smirked, "I'm ready."

Jongdae smiled proudly as he ran his fingers through her hair, playing with her curls, "That's my girl."

Minah smiled and grabbed his hand. Interlocking their fingers together, she walked out onto stage. The small band playing stopped and everyone turned to the stage, wondering why the music stopped.

Minah cleared into the microphone, making sure it worked. Her eyes gazed the audience until she focused on Yixing and Kris, who were standing in the middle.

She smiled and raised a tentative hand up to wave, "Hi."

The audience chuckled at her awkward gesture.

Minah put her hand down and stole a look at Jongdae who just looked back with a proud face, "Hello everyone. My..um...my name is Minah and I used to be Yixing and Kris's roommate in college."

She grinned as the memories all came back to her, "Actually there was eight of us. Yixing, Kris, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Luhan, Minseok and Jongdae."

She felt Jongdae squeeze her hand gently and she found the courage to continue, "I love Yixing and Kris. They were so supportive of me and cared for me so much. I..." Minah's voice faltered, "I don't think I would be here today without them."

"Yixing is this wondrous angel who...I can't even describe how amazing he is. But I know one thing for sure, Kris and Yixing both deserve the absolute best. And to celebrate their new married life, me and my boyfriend would like to sing a song."

Baekhyun, in the audience, stood straight up, "WaiT! YOU CAN SING!?"

Minah looked at the Dj, "Music please." She asked desperately. The DJ grinned and gave her a thumbs up before pressing a button.

Music flooded through the speakers and Minah took a deep breath before singing.

She sang with pride, even if it was the first time she's ever preformed. She sang, remembering all the memories she had made with the newly married couple.

Cooking nights with Yixing.
Playing video games with Kris.
Making fun of Kris with Yixing.

She knew she wouldn't be the girl she was today with the seven boys. And she knew that, no matter how little she effected them, she had changed their lives too.

She sang, remembering the past. But she also sang, looking forward for the future.

For all the Christmas's, all the birthdays. Maybe the others would get married too.

Maybe they would adopt kids and those kids would have play dates together.

Minah turned to Jongdae and stared at him as they sung in harmony. Maybe....dare she say it, maybe her and Jongdae would get married too.

Have a couple kids, live in a nice house with a large backyard with Mia.

Hell, maybe Mia would find a little doggy boyfriend.

Whatever was to come, Minah welcomed it with open arms because she had the guys by her side, until their very last breath.
 

She stopped singing. Jongdae pulled her in for a hug and held her tight. Everyone looked stunned. Yixing was near tears and Kris was smiling, trying to comfort his husband.

Baekhyun stood up, his eyes proud but also with a glint of mischief. The applause was thundering and Minah cleared , "Um yea! That was a little something for the couple and we're going to go now before Baekhyun tackles me."

She set the microphone down and slid off her heels. Baekhyun took a running start towards the stage, "why diDN'T YOU TELL ME YOU COULD SING!!"

Minah yelped as she grabbed Jongdae's hand, jumping off the stage. Together the two ran towards the gardens, disappearing into the night.

Yixing sighed as he watched the two go. He leaned against Kris's chest, enjoying the taller's warmth, "They're next."

Kris looked down, "What?"

Yixing smiled lazily, "I bet they're next."

Kris just chuckled and listened to Minah and Jongdae's screams off in the distance, "I bet they are."



 

Fin.

 

 


If you were wondering....

Minah's dress:

 

 

Jongdae and his suit:

Jongdae and his suit:

 

Yixing and Kris:

Yixing and Kris: