Episode 12

The Adventures of the Flaming Homouals

Warning: This chapter contains harsh insults and vulgar language, if that bothers you, please proceed with caution. 

In which it all falls apart:

Minah woke up feeling lighter than last night. She felt like the weight of the world was finally removed from her shoulders. She tried to sit up, but there was a heavy weight on her body. Minah strained her neck, looking up only to see Kris's large arm thrown across her waist. 

"Not a cuddler my ." Minah thought bitterly as she shoved the arm off of her. She sat up, freezing when she heard Yixing whine from the other side.

"These boys." Minah grumbled, maneuvering off the bed. With great difficulty, she rolled off the bed, only to land on the ground with a small 'thump'. Minah groaned quietly as she rubbed her sore elbow.

She stood up, watching as Yixing frowned in his sleep, trying to find body warmth. She grinned at his cuteness when he found Kris in his sleep. The taller male pulled Yixing closer, still fast asleep, and relaxed a little as Yixing cuddled up to his side. Minah's heart warmed, Kris and Yixing were really meant to be. She still didn't know how they met but she was glad that they did.

Minah walked into the living room, only to be startled by the three bodies in the living room. It seemed like Chanyeol and Baekhyun had Jongdae trapped in between them. Jongdae was completely knocked out, snoring and using Chanyeol's arm as a pillow. Minah giggled as Jongdae whimpered when Chanyeol removed his arm from underneath him. The tall male only turned him over and sleeping Jongdae latched onto Baekhyun who happily hugged him back. Chanyeol sat up straight, yawning. He froze, mouth still wide open when he saw Minah staring at him. He got up and rushed to her side, where he picked her up. Minah let out a small scream as Chanyeol hugged her tightly.

"Let go of me you big dope!" She yelled as she hit his chest. Chanyeol dropped her obediently but kept his arms around her, "Are you okay Minah? Don't lie to me."

Minah smiled softly and gently poked Chanyeol's cheek, "I'm fine Chan, thank you."

Chanyeol grinned, pulling Minah into the kitchen as he got two mugs out, "You know, Jongdae came over at like two in the morning." Minah frowned as she rested one elbow on the table, "How did he know?"

Chanyeol switched on the coffee machine before turning to Minah, "We usually have midnight Xbox battles and he texted last night, I said no because I was cheering you up and he asked why and the whole thing kinda spilled."

Minah turned to see Jongdae sitting up slowly, his hair stuck up straight as he rubbed his eyes sluggishly. He looked like a chicken. But Minah smiled.

"Oooo I know that smiiilleee."

Minah turned to Chanyeol, "What smile?"

"That, 'I hate you but secretly appreciate you as a human being please don't stop loving me' smile."

"What the ?"

"Kris had that smile a lot when he first met Yixing."

"Oh."

Jongdae came trudging into the kitchen, his eyes still half shut. Minah winced when he walked into the pantry door. Chanyeol cooed and pulled him into a tight hug, "It's okay baby, papa is here."

Minah blinked, "I'm going to pretend you didn't say that."





 

 

"TAKE ANOTHER SHOT!"

"No."

"COME ON KRIS, SHOW MINAH HOW'S ITS DONE."

"No."

Baekhyun the cup of bitter-guard juice at Chanyeol, "You do it babe."

Chanyeol took the cup, puffing his chest before downing the whole thing in one go. Minah winced when a vicious shudder went through the taller's body.

"Okay next question, Minah it's your turn to ask."

Minah nodded and spun the bottle. It landed in front of Kris who stared at her with the upmost confidence.

"Okay Kris....how did you meet Yixing."

Everyone hooted as Yixing snuggled closer to Kris, looking at him expectedly. Kris pecked his forehead before turning his attention back to the awaiting audience, "It was four years ago. At a graveyard."

Everyone's cheers died down immediately, Yixing kept smiling though.

"I was visiting Tao's grave and Yixing was visiting his sister's."

Kris looked at Yixing who squeezed his hand reassuringly, "The graves were right next to each other and that first year, everyday Sunday evening we would see each other."

Yixing nodded, "We always visited the graves at the same time and then one day Kris brought extra flowers."

"I noticed that Yixing never brought flowers and since it was a girl's name on the grave....I thought she would appreciate the flowers."

Minah cooed, "Aww does big grumpy Krissy have a tender heart?"

Kris threw a chip at her as Yixing laughed, "He does. He's all mushy and gooey in the inside, no matter how mean he seems on the outside."

"Just like a egg!"

"Chanyeol sweetie, I don't think that's it."

Yixing shrugged, "Anyway, we started talking from there and it took me two...TWO! years to crack him." Yixing turned to Kris, placing a loving kiss on the latter's lips, "But it was worth it."

"Oh god you're giving me cavities."

Everyone laughed as Jongdae took the bottle, "My turn! My turn!" He spun in enthusiastically. Minah groaned when it landed facing her.

"Min min min!!! Okay, my question to you is.....what's the most illegal thing you've done?"

Minah sighed, "It.....it was breaking into the school with dumb and dumber."

"HEY!"

Luhan scoffed, "I find that hard to believe, are you sure you didn't do.....anything else?"

Minah threw a muffin wrapper at him, "Are you kidding me? I grew up with four walls trapping me in my own little world."

Chanyeol poured eight shots of the bitter juice and handed it to each one of them, "Here's to breaking Minah out of those walls!"

Minah rolled her eyes but joined the toast. They all drank it down in one shot, yelling and screaming as the bitterness took over their tastebuds. They were making so much noise that they didn't hear the front door unlock. It wasn't until they heard a loud yell when they realized they weren't alone.

"YOON MINAH!"

Everyone froze.

It was dead silent.

Minah's back was facing the front door but she knew who that was. A shot glass slipped from Baekhyun's fingers and hit the ground with a deafening thud. Jongdae seemed to understand the tension in the air and kept quiet. Minah turned around slowly, grinning. But it wasn't a happy grin, it was a grin that you gave your parents when they caught you doing something bad. Which was exactly the case here.

Minah's mom stood towering (metaphorically) over the eight college kids. She seemed so angry, Minah could see the steam coming out of her ears. "Minah....what is the meaning of this?!"

"Um mom, these are...um..my roommates, well not Jongdae over there but-"

"Enough! Where is Lei?"

Minah coughed as she stole a glance at Luhan, who seemed to be just seconds away from peeing his pants. Minah's mom let out a loud scoff, "Unbelievable, you live with a crossdresser."

"Um actually ma'am that was a one time thi-"

"SHUT UP!"

"I'm sorry." Luhan squeaked before running behind Minseok.

Minah's mom turned to Minah, glaring at her, "Are you kidding Minah?! Have you no shame? You live with 7 bo-"

"6."

"Don't interrupt me!"

"Sorry."

"You live with 6 boys....I came all the way down here to check if you were still throwing your stupid tantrum and here you are, acting like a little , bouncing between six different boys."

"MOM!"

"Not to mention you're all drinking out of ....what is that? A shot glass?!"

"Mom we were playing a game! It's just juice!"

"SHUT UP. I don't want to hear anything from you."

Jongdae's mouth dropped open as Minah's mom continued to throw harsh words at her, calling her a and saying that she was probably already pregnant. He wanted to speak up but Kris beat him to it. He stepped in front of Minah, who's head was hanging low, "Excuse me ma'am but none of us have touched Minah in that way. We are all friends not to mention that we are all in committed relationships."

Yixing nodded and stepped up next to Kris, helping him block Minah from her mom, "My boyfriend is right. I care for Minah in a way an older brother cares for his sister."

Minah's mom's mouth dropped open once again, "B-boyfriend?! Minah, don't tell me you live with a bunch of fags."

"Don't call them that! They are my friends!"

"Friends my , they are nothing but a bunch of useless -"

"MOM THAT'S ENOUGH. What do you want?"

"You to come home. You aren't going to stay here for a second longer." Minah's mom took time to glare at the seven boys individually, "Not with these faggo-"

"Stop it, I'm coming with you."

Yixing grabbed her arm desperately, "Minah no...." Minah placed her hand on top of Yixing's, squeezing it tightly before pushing his hand away. She nudged him towards Kris who wrapped his arms around his boyfriend. Minah glanced at each boy one last time before pulling her shoes on.

"M-minah?" Her heart lurched when she heard Baekhyun's voice sound so strangled and hurt. Her mom rolled her eyes and grabbed onto Minah's arm. Minah blinked back the tears in her eyes as she smiled sadly at the seven boys who seemed to be frozen in their spots.

"I'm sorry." She yelled as her mom shoved her out the door.