Mistletoe

TaeNy One Shots
Authors: Astro24 and GiroPatio
Title: Mistletoe
Pairing: Taeyeon/ Tiffany
Rating: G
Genre: Christmas AU
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters. Fiction fiction fiction.
Summary: The things you do for your crush.
 
===

“Hey Taeng, we’re gonna have some Christmas party this coming 21st but the place hasn’t been decided yet. Are you in?” Yuri asked as she pressed the controller, trying to beat Taeyeon on their second match.

“21st? Uh, next Friday?”

“Yeah, next Friday. Sooyoung and her boyfriend are coming, Hyoyeon, Yoona...”

“Well, I don’t know.” Taeyeon scooted a little forward in her seat, concentrating on the game.

“Even Sunny is coming! Hyo said she’s gonna invite some of her friends too.”

“Yeah, well. 21st...” Taeyeon trailed off, clearly not interested in the ongoing conversation.

“Come on, Seohyun is joining as well!”

“I don’t know buddy. You know I don’t really celebrate Christmas.” Taeyeon shrugged, then pumped her fist in the air when she won.

“Oh man, I lost again?” Yuri slumped in her seat, crossing her arms, earning a laugh from Taeyeon. “Oh right I’ve heard Tiffany is coming.” The way Taeyeon almost fell from the chair was quite a sight but she held her laughter in.

“W-what?!” Taeyeon turned to her friend, practically shoving the controller away.

“Yeah, I think Yoona invited her? Or was it Jessica?”

Taeyeon blinked, mouth hung open. “You said you needed a place for the party?” She jumped out of her seat and held Yuri in place.

“Well, not really. I was just—“

“I’m in!” Taeyeon yelled, interrupting her friend. “Let’s do the party here at home! I’ll tell mom about it now!” She went off in a hurry to her room, screaming incoherent words, leaving Yuri laughing at her silly antics.

Yuri: Hey, I got her to join the party! You owe me one. :p

Yuri sent the message to her friend with a grin before following Taeyeon to her room.

===


 
Taeyeon wiped her hands and leaned back, looking at the living room with a proud grin on her face. Mistletoes. Mistletoes everywhere. They were practically at every corner of the house, every doorway, just everywhere where she deemed necessary. After searching on the internet for some Christmas themed decoration inspiration, Taeyeon ended up putting mistletoes all over the place, hoping that she would chance upon to have a tiny, little kiss from her crush.
 
“Yes, yes, yes!” Taeyeon cheered to herself, body shaking in excitement. “With all these mistletoes around, I’m pretty sure I can get at least one kiss from her!” She squealed at the thought.
 
With one last look, Taeyeon made sure everything was set before she went upstairs to get a little sleep in preparation for the long night.
 
===
 
“A pleasant surprise.” Jessica pulled back after giving Taeyeon a light peck on her cheek. “Never thought I’d see you again.”
 
“What?” Taeyeon laughed as she handed Jessica a cup.
 
“You’ve been staying in too much since the break started.”
 
“You know me, I love indoors.” Taeyeon shrugged with a toothy grin.
 
“Well, see you later Taeng. Gotta catch up over there.” Jessica pointed toward the living room where Hyoyeon and Yoona were having a dance showdown.
 
“Sure, have fun!” Taeyeon waved off and leaned against the doorway.
 
“Oh hey, nice seeing you!” A random girl (was it from their history class?) giggled after giving her a peck on the chin, girlie was a bit tipsy and missed her cheek. “Nice party!” She gave her a thumbs up and excused herself.
 
Taeyeon was quite taken aback and only nodded in return, giving the girl a confused smile. Brushing that thing aside, she looked at her watch and craned her neck, trying to look for the girl that she has been waiting all night. She carefully scanned the crowd and right at the corner of the living room, there she saw the brunette talking to Seohyun animatedly which instantly put a smile on her face.
 
“Tae… Taeyang?” Another stranger walked by, giving her another peck on her cheek.
 
“Taeyeon. It’s Taeyeon.” Taeyeon took a step back, a little weirded out at all these strangers giving her random kisses.
 
“Oh rightttt!” The stranger nodded stupidly. “Nice party!” She lifted her hand for a high five which Taeyeon hesitantly returned.
 
“What’s will all these people?” Taeyeon asked no one in particular as she straightened in place when she saw the girl walking to her, only to turn around when someone had called her.
 
“Great party! Yeah!” Yuri suddenly appeared to her side, locking her arm around Taeyeon’s neck before giving her a big smooch on the face.
 
“What are you doing?!” Taeyeon squirmed out of Yuri’s hold.
 
“What do you mean what am I doing?” Yuri asked in confusion.
 
“Why the hell did you kiss me? And everyone else too!” Taeyeon desperately wiped her cheek, feeling grossed out at her friend’s sloppy kiss.
 
“Um?” Yuri was looking at Taeyeon as if she had gone crazy. “Dude.” She pointed at the mistletoe hanging on the doorway just above the girl’s head before leaving.
 
Taeyeon followed the pointed finger and gasped, completely forgetting about her mission. “Stupid! Stupid!” She grumbled and snatched the innocent Christmas decor, stomping on it out of frustration. After feeling a little better, she noticed the pair of shoes in front of her and snapped her head up.
 
“Excuse me, passing through.” Tiffany smiled shyly as she tried to squeeze in to enter the kitchen.
 
Taeyeon was left dumbfounded in place on what just happened. “Oh damn it! What the hell?!” She stared at the mistletoe on the floor, kicking it away as she grumbled, deciding to go back to her friends instead.
 
===
 
“I swear to god, if this thing doesn’t work.” Taeyeon breathed out of her nose, very much frustrated as she leaned against the bathroom door. “I’m gonna kick my .”
 
In the middle of her conversation with some random dude at the hallway, Taeyeon saw Tiffany go in to the toilet and ended up excusing herself, practically running and almost tripping in the process. Well, it was more like she thought it was her crush. Taeyeon only saw the back of the girl and it didn’t help that there were a lot of people wearing red that night (she blamed Yuri for doing the whole dress code thing). So she decided to just wing it, thus now waiting patiently right outside the bathroom.
 
“Please, please, please, let it be her.” Taeyeon tapped her foot anxiously. And just when she was about to turn around and knock, the door suddenly opened, causing her to stumble back. Thank god the person was able to catch her in time but what happened next was something Taeyeon didn’t expect. “Holy ! Did you throw up?!”
 
“I guess?” Hyoyeon shrugged with a stupid grin on her face, giving Taeyeon another smooch right on the lips.
 
“Gross! Go away!” Taeyeon quickly wiped her lips, shoving her friend away before snatching the mistletoe. “This stupid thing!” She grumbled and threw it away.
 
Taeyeon thought nothing could be worse than Hyoyeon kissing her on the lips right after she threw up. But oh no, she was very, very wrong. Because just before she could take any step and run upstairs to her room and cry, Tiffany appeared right in front of her, long, shiny, brunette hair beautifully cascading down her shoulders.
 
“Hey I just cleaned up the—“ Tiffany immediately stopped when she realized it wasn’t Hyoyeon. Taeyeon was staring at her with wide eyes and mouth open as if to say something. A moment of awkward silence later and she excused herself, leaving the girl with an apologetic look.
 
“What the hell?!” Taeyeon finally snapped out of it and followed Tiffany with her eyes. As she watched the girl trying to keep up with Hyoyeon’s crazy dancing, Taeyeon couldn’t help but smile and the annoyance gradually dissipated.
 
The party was great, it has been going on for hours and everyone was having a good time. Except for Taeyeon. Sure, she laughed when Hyoyeon attempted to do some head spin only to pass out, cheered so hard when her best buddy Yuri tried to chug down a bottle of whiskey, sang her heart out and even belted the high note when someone had challenged her to sing Love on Top, and hell she even danced like a fool (showing off her so-called dancing skills to Seohyun). Everything seemed perfect but her mission to get that tiny, little, peck from Tiffany never happened. Taeyeon literally stood under every mistletoe all over the house (she couldn’t even count anymore the number of times people had kissed her) yet she never got the chance to meet Tiffany in time.
 
The party started to die down as people slowly bid their goodbyes, complimenting Taeyeon on throwing such great party. One by one, her friends (and some random strangers) gave her a hug before leaving the place. Taeyeon watched with a slight pout as they left, still sulking about her failed mission. But right before she turned around to go back into the house, a miracle happened. Tiffany walked back in a hurry, hands stuffed into her coat pockets.
 
“I forgot something.” Tiffany’s cheeks were pink and Taeyeon couldn’t tell if she was actually blushing or because it was cold outside.
 
“Did you forget y—“ Taeyeon let out an embarrassing gasp when Tiffany’s lips touched her cheek. “Holy hell what—“ She stopped herself and looked up, noticing Tiffany’s eyes were pointed somewhere else, finding her best buddy Yuri holding a mistletoe right above her head.
 
“See you.” Tiffany waved meekly before running off to her car.
 
“Did you see that?! She kissed me! Buddy, she kissed me!” Taeyeon grabbed Yuri’s shoulders and jumped in place.
 
“I did.” Yuri nodded with a smile. “I couldn’t take that stupid pout on your face anymore and thought I’d help you out a little.”
 
“Wait, does that mean she likes me too?!” Taeyeon gasped at the realization, holding on tightly to her friend.
 
“I don’t wanna spoil anything but a little bird told me that Tiffany might have been crushing on you since last semester.” Yuri ended up laughing out loud at Taeyeon’s dumbfounded face. “Well, I gotta go now buddy. Thanks for hosting the party!” She patted the girl’s head before leaving.
 
“Last...semester?” Taeyeon thought out loud, absently staring at Yuri until she was out of sight. After spending a few more seconds looking at nothing in particular, something clicked in her head that made her yell, “Thank you Santa! You’re the best!”
 
===
A/N:
 
GiroPatio: I actually have like 0 to do with this
 
Astro24: HAHAHHAHAHA WELL?!?!?! It was her idea so don’t blame me with the frustrating Taeng VS Mistletoe. XD anyway!!! We were supposed to work on that different christmas themed story but this prompt was SO much better. Hehehehe Merry Christmas everyone! Happy holidays! 2018 is almost ending, thank you for staying with me for the past 3 years. UWU