Latch

TaeNy One Shots
Title: Latch
Pairing: Taeyeon/ Tiffany 
Rating: College PG
Genre: AU
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters. Fiction fiction fiction. 

Summary: Gah. I know this is a fail. Just like me. XD


===

"Yeah, I know right? He was totally..." She looked at her almost empty cup when something fell in it. "...out of it..."

"."

She turned towards the clearly panicking voice and saw a girl sitting on the table, wide guilty eyes staring back at her. 

"I guess I need a new drink then." She shrugged nonchalantly to her friend before excusing herself to get a new cup. She chuckled as she took out the white Ping-Pong ball in her cup and placed it on the table. 

"I'm sorry." The girl meekly said.

"Were you the one who did this?" She pointed at the red cup.

"Yeah..." The girl bit her lip in embarrassment. "It was supposed to hit Yuri, not you. I'm sorry again." She offered an awkward, guilty smile.

"Yuri? You know her?" She turned back to her friend who was busy talking to someone else at the couch.

"Yeah. We had a few classes together." 

"Ah." She nodded and skimmed through the cups laid on the table. When she found nothing, she decided to just drink from her cup. 

"Are you seriously going to drink that?" The girl grabbed her hand to stop her. 

"Yeah. Why not?"

"That's kinda gross. Who knows where those Ping-Pong balls were from?" The girl took the cup beside her and offered it. "Here, drink this instead."

"Is there poison in it?" She grinned as she glanced at the seemingly untouched cup.

"Nope." 

"Okay, if you say so." She shrugged and gulped it in one go. 

"Woah there. You should take it easy." The girl looked at her, clearly amused at what she did. 

"Nah. I'm going home after this." She waved her hand dismissively and stacked the discarded cups on the table. "I guess I'll be seeing you." She waved at the girl before walking to Yuri and left the apartment.

She was humming to a random tune while waiting for the elevator. She tapped her foot as she counted the seconds until the metal doors finally slid open. She entered and pressed the button to the ground floor then leaned back against the wall. Her eyes started to droop as the alcohol finally kick in her system. "Ah, can't wait to go home." She shook her head as she tried to stay conscious. 

"Wait, wait!" 

She looked up from the floor and quickly pushed the button to hold the door. "Oh. Hey, it's you again." She recognized the girl from a while ago.

"Yeah. Hi." The girl entered and pushed the button for the third floor. 

"You live here?" She turned towards the girl leaning against the wall.

"Yeah." 

"Hm. Fancy." She grinned when the girl only shrugged in return. 

"So... What's your name?" The girl asked after a moment of silence.

"Taeyeon. You?"

"Tiffany."

"Hm. Fancy name." 

"There's nothing fancy about my name."

"You using an American name in this city is fancy for me." Taeyeon shrugged and watched the number change. 

"Uh... Okay." Silence engulf them once again until the elevator chimed, signaling their arrival at the third floor. Tiffany stared at the wall for a second before turning to Taeyeon. "Uh Taeyeon..."

"What?"

"Do you, by any chance, wanna hang out at my place for a while?" 

Taeyeon snickered at question. "Are you hitting on me?" She raised her brows when Tiffany blushed. 

"Nah, nevermind." Tiffany quickly waved her hand dismissively and stepped out. "Good night. Be safe on your way home." She waved before the doors closed.

Taeyeon blinked as she watched the doors closed. She pressed the hold button and furrowed her brows in thought. After much deliberation, she pressed the button again then opened it. "Tiffany." She called out and the girl stopped walking along the hallway to turn around. "Wait for me."

"What are you doing?" 

"Following you?"

"Why?"

"I thought we're going to hang out at your place?" Taeyeon tilted her head as she looked at her in confusion.

"It's not..."

"It's not what?" 

"Nevermind." Tiffany shook her head and started walking. They passed by a couple of doors until they stopped at the end of the hallway. "Okay, we're here." She keyed in the passcode and pushed the door open. "Please, come in." She held the door for Taeyeon to go in.

"Thanks." Taeyeon smiled at her and stepped inside. She took off her shoes and placed it neatly on the rack.

"Feel free to go in." 

She only nodded and followed the girl inside. The apartment was bigger than she thought it would be. It was nicely decorated, well maintained, and very spacious. The living room was bigger than her whole apartment, she thought. "Do you live alone?" She asked and made herself comfortable on the couch.

"Sort of."

"Sort of?"

"Yeah. My brother drops by when he's in town." 

"Ah." She nodded in understanding. "Can I ask you something?"

What do you wanna ask?"

"Aren't you scared for inviting a total stranger in your house?" 

The girl giggled as Taeyeon tried to keep her eyes from shutting down. "I'm not scared at all. I mean. Look at you." She pointed at her droopy eyes. "Your eyes are about to close. I think you're the one who should be concerned about safety." 

"Hm..." She nodded absentmindedly.

Tiffany observed her for a moment before asking, "Do you wanna lie down and sleep?"

"Can I do that? I'm kinda sleepy, to be honest."

"Sure. Come on." Tiffany stood up and offered her hand to help her stand up.

Taeyeon gladly took it and stood up with wobbly legs. She followed the girl into the bedroom and slid under the covers. "Hmm... It's so comfortable here. The blanket is so soft." She nuzzled against the covers and shifted. 

"You're so cute." Tiffany giggled as she watched her hug the pillow tightly. 

"Thanks..." 

"No problem. Now go to sleep." 

===

Hmmm... Something smells nice... Taeyeon thought as she shifted. And... What is this... She lazily opened her eyes and saw an unfamiliar brunette facing her, her face covered with her messy hair. Wait. What? Where am I? She looked around the room without moving too much as she didn't want to wake the other person. Uh oh... Where am I? She looked back at the girl when an arm went around her waist, pulling her closer. 


"Morning..." The girl groggily said.

"Morning too...?" Taeyeon awkwardly followed the pull and scooted closer. Oh god, who is this? I don't even do one night stands. Her eyes widen at the thought and she quickly peeked under the blanket. Oh, at least we didn't do anything last night...?

The girl chuckled and brushed her hair to reveal her face.

"Oh. It's you." 

"Yeah, it's me." Tiffany grinned when she saw the faint pink cheeks. "Did you sleep well?"

"I did. I think that was the best sleep I had since forever."

"Hmmm. I thought so."

"Huh?"

"You were hugging me so tight last night." Tiffany giggled again when Taeyeon averted her eyes.

"Ah. I'm sorry about that."

"You don't have to say sorry." 

"Okay." Taeyeon shrugged and looked at her. She wasn't wearing any make up unlike last night and thought she looked even prettier. 

"Hey, Taeyeon."

"Hm?"

"Uhh..." Tiffany lifted her arm from her waist and moved back a little. "Are you seeing someone?"

She couldn't help but grin at the question. She might have been a little tipsy last night but she could clearly remember the look on Tiffany's face when she asked her to hang out at her place. "So you are hitting on me." 

Tiffany tried to ignore the teasing smile. "Kind of. So...?"

"Aren't we going too fast?"

"What?"

"We've only met a couple of hours ago and now we're already in bed." Taeyeon chuckled at the shy smile. "Not that I mind." 

"So what does that mean?"

"I actually don't know what I'm talking about." She laughed lightly at her nonsense. 

"Can I ask you out?" 

"Well... That depends..."

"On what?"

"Are you seeing someone?"

Tiffany raised her brows at the question. "I'm not seeing anyone. I wouldn't ask you out if I were."

Taeyeon nodded. "Alright." The wide smiled on Tiffany’s face was so contagious that she unconsciously smiled along. "Tiffany." She blurted after a moment of just staring at each other.

"Hm?"

"I have a question too."

"What is it?"

Taeyeon cleared awkwardly and scooted closer. "Can I kiss you? I really wanted to last night but I was too tipsy." Tiffany burst out laughing which made her confuse. "Is that a no?"

The girl waved her hand dismissively. "I'm sorry for laughing. It's just that you're being cute right now." She reached out and rested her hand lightly on Taeyeon's cheek. "Come closer."

Taeyeon unconsciously wetted her lips as she moved closer, their nose touching at the close proximity. "So this is a yes."

"Hm." Tiffany tilted her head and leaned in. Her lips parted as she captured Taeyeon's for a gentle kiss. Her hand moved to the back of the girl's neck as she pulled her even closer to deepen the kiss. She could feel the tip of her tongue brushing against her bottom lip so she stopped nibbling and parted her lips to welcome her in. Hmmm, great kisser. She thought as she let her dominate and explore every corner of .

Taeyeon broke the kiss after a while when she felt like the other girl gasping for air. "Are you alright?" She asked breathlessly and tucked the girl’s hair in behind her ear. Tiffany only nodded in response and went back on staring at her. She bit her lip as her thumb brushed against Tiffany's bottom ones. "Ah, it was the right decision not to kiss you last night." 

"Why?" 

"It would be such a waste not to remember that kiss." 

Tiffany grinned. "Oh god, you're a sweet talker." She hit her shoulder playfully which earned her a light chuckle from Taeyeon.

Taeyeon shrugged nonchalantly and brushed the girl's messy bangs away. "Tiffany."

"What?"

"Wanna do that again?"

The girl bit her lip at the adorable expectant eyes. "You're kinda greedy too." She chuckled.

"Who wouldn't if you're so good at kissing? No one had made me lost my mind after a kiss." 

"Is this how you flirt?" She lightly tapped Taeyeon's chin.

"Is it working?"

"Kind of. And it's a plus that you're very cute." 

"Only cute?"

"Adorable?"

"Just that?"

"Witty?"

"I'm not buying that."

"How about perfect?"

Taeyeon burst out laughing at the compliment. "Now that's just nonsense. I'm far from perfect." 

"Okay, so what else do you want?"

"Your lips. I want them. Pressed against mine…" Her eyes wandered to Tiffany's smiling lips. "I want you to kiss me like you mean it." 

===
A/N: I still find this a little cringe worthy since I wrote it when I was a bit tired. But meh. I'll share it anyway. XD