CHAPTER 16

Take A Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This was actually part of Chapter 15 but I cut it off like that since it made a perfect cliffhanger (everyone needs some drama nowadays) so this explains why this chapter is very short. The next ones will be longer though.

ENJOY!

 

 

 

“For pete’s sake Jeno, all do you is pine and watch! All this time! You can’t even blame Jaemin if he doesn’t like you back—”

And that was it; Jeno finally snapped. Like a dam, all the pent up emotions he had carefully concealed within him came crashing down and he was drenched in both rage and wrath that his eyes darkened gradually. Jeno harshly grabbed Mark by the collar of his shirt. “Shut. The. . Up.”

Mark jerked and stumbled back when Jeno pulled him forcefully but he regained his footing at an instant. Jeno might be pissed— but so was Mark. Jeno reeled him in, close to throwing him but Mark stood his ground. The older had his fingers curled tightly into a fist then grasped onto the younger’s tee to return the favour. “Try. Me.”

They stood face to face, not backing down from the challenge laid in front of them, grips snug around each other’s shirt. Jeno’s eyes were burning, his head was hazy and his blood was boiling in his veins. He wanted to lash out in anger, in undeniable frustration, knuckles tightly clutched, ready to strike Mark anytime, to leave a bruise or two in his best friend’s irritating smug face — but he felt something holding him back.

Though the area wasn’t the brightest, Jeno could still see undoubtedly that there was something shining through Mark’s dark orbs, the sort of emotion he could shake off if he wanted, but Jeno was well acquainted with such to not notice. Mark’s eyes were clear, with a tinge hurt and sadness. Mark was upset— they both were. And the realization doomed on him and his rationality came back. This is pathetic, Jeno thought.

So with a somewhat heavy heart, Jeno loosed his grip on the other and let him go. It was not worth it, hurting Mark and himself never will be.

“I’m sorry,” Jeno said as he took a step back, gave the other his personal space and released a breath he did not knew he was holding in. “I didn’t know what got into me for a second there.”

“No, it’s my fault,” Mark said. He had finally simmered down, same as Jeno, just as apologetic as the latter. “I’ve just been so stressed lately. I lost myself.”

Jeno’s face softened and so did Mark a few moments after— they were both s, hopeless bastards of their own.

 

 

 

 

They sat down on the cold tiled floor after that. Their clothed backs leaned against the metal railings, head thrown back to fully admire the stars for the first time that night. It was really beautiful, Jeno thought. He had been so caught up in Jaemin lately that he had forgot about those little things that he appreciated and made his life a gradually better even before Jaemin came in.

Both boys were quiet, Jeno wasn’t sure what to say and either was Mark. But it wasn’t awkward or strange — being around a close friend never was. Their conversations flowed naturally, not forced, and Jeno liked it that way, not wanting any of that to change between them.

“I’ve been in relationships before and you know every single one of them, but with Hyuck, it’s different— everything is. I could be myself around him without ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter