009

Cocky yet cute
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Each student at Seoul National High School is allocated 2 Freedom Passes for the whole year. A Freedom Pass enables a student to, ultimately, skip classes for a whole day without consequences, so long as they cash the pass in before or the day after the use it. They can even be used when exams are being held, though they will eventually have to do the exam but an extra day of revision is still helpful, nonetheless.

I understand the importance of school and so, as tempting as they are, try only to use my Freedom Pass if necessary. Plus, I'm gonna have to catch up on the missed work anyways so I might as well just do it on the day instead of having double on the next day, makes sense right? Except for some reason despite it being Wednesday, I was roaming the streets of Myeong-dong eating all sorts of street foods with the one and only Kai. 'What is going on with you Sohyun?! yOU'VE NEVER EVEN SKIPPED SCHOOL WITH CHAEMIN LET ALONE kIM JONGIN??? This boy is doing things to yoUUU-' 

"Helloooooo??? Earth to Sohyunnn" He waved his arm in front of my face

"YeeeeeeesSss? What?" I looked at him and whined, "I'm so boredddd" 

he smirked before nodding his head towards a nearby arcade we came across, "Lets go"

"LAST ONE THERE'S A ROTTEN EGG" I screamed as I ran ahead with no warning

"what. H-hey tHATS NOT FAIR" he shrieked as he followed. Turns out I underestimated his speed as he caught up with me and was edging his way in front of me. But that stupid dip in the pavement just had to be there in that exact place and before I knew it, I buckled and went rolling, bruising my knees and palms in the process. Thankfully, we were on a less crowded street as it was still within school hours.

", Sohyun are you ok?!!!" Kai ran over and picked me up bridal-style.

"The fuc-" I started,

"There's a bench over there" After a few awkward moments of him walking, we reached the bench and he lay me down.

"Owww my hands hurt, and so do my knees. I think I'm bleeding. Well that's great... my tights are ripped too!" I rambled as I examined myself. Kai just smiled before poking my nose.

"Cute." 'CUE MENTAL ING BREAKDOWN. DID HE JUST CALL YOU CUTE SOHYUN????!!11121@!22 YOU HAVE PERMISSION TO DIE' I internally died as I felt some heat rise to my cheeks. I didn't know how to reply but thankfully I didn't have to as Kai took the lead by taking my hand in his and pulling me up. Can I just say that his hands were so smooth and warm but that's besides the point. We walked hand-in-hand (I nearly fainted because he's just so adorable and cute and hot at the same time) to the arcade and I felt a bit awkward holding his hand but it was still comforting and just nice overall. We reached it within a few minutes and my eyes lit up as we entered. The last time that I went to an arcade must have been a good year or two, so seeing all the machines and tickets really did make me feel like a little kid again.

"You look like a little kid in a candy shop" he marvelled at my astounded expression.

"Shut up lets playyyyyyy" I sang as I dragged him along.

Seconds turned to minutes and minutes turned to hours as the sun started to set. We were having so much fun and it felt unbelievably nice to take a step back from all the stress that had built up and to let loose.

"thit Kai we gotta go, I have an englith etthay due tomorrow" I muttered through my half eaten candy floss

"Dude, were you never taught to swallow before you talk?? I can see inside your mouth" he grimaced as I opened my mouth wider and grinned. "But yeah we better get going. And I need to get you a plaster for your knee." he tapped his chin before smiling, "You can come to mine

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter