Chapter 5: I Promise

You're My Kryptonite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany’s POV

“So I said ‘shut up Yul. You’re just jealous that you’re just not as beautiful and stunning as this Ice Princess’ then she threw a snowball at my face. Turned out there was a little piece of ice in it. I had a black eye for about a good week” Jessica laughed as did I. Her laugh was the cutest laugh I have literally ever heard. It was light and airy. She even covered and clapped her hands when she laughed too. It was seriously adorable. I linked arms with her up until we saw him. I froze in my spot. Why? Why of all things did we have to run into each other again? I took Jessi’s hand in mine and walked a little faster than usual, dragging Jessi along behind me.

“Woah Tiff! Slow down a bit! I only have two legs and I certainly can’t fly!” She giggled out and then tripped, taking me down with her. She spun me around instantly and hugged me. I landed on her stomach, she landed on her back. Landing with a small grunt.

“Oh, Jessi are you okay?” I spoke in English.

“Neh” she lied through her teeth. I could tell it hurt. I'm not the lightest girl on the street, admittingly sad as it sounds… She looked at me again in the eyes. I almost instantly got lost gazing into her beautiful brown orbs. She… She protected me. Why? Unexpectedly, my body was ripped off of hers and a pair of arms went around me.

“Hey! What the hell? Get off me! Jessi!” I yelled. Trying to squirm back to my friend. Jessica had both her hands pinned behind her back by the person I wanted to see the least.

“Nichkhun you’re an . we’re over Nichkhun! Let her go!” I shouted at him. Kicking and trying to fight whoever was behind me.

“No can do Princess. I have a date with this dyke if you want to watch” he smirked, nodding off towards the side of the school. What the hell is this dumb playing at? Nichkhun and his posse dragged us to the side of the school. He smashed Jessica’s back into the wall, pinning her hands above her.

“I thought I told you to stay away from her Fagget” he screamed in her face.

“I-I-I-” she stammered helplessly

“Nichkhun you ing head. Once I get out of this. I'm going to beat you to a ing pulp” I spat out. Spitting in his general direction. He raised an eyebrow at me and smirked.

“You? Are… Going to beat… Me?” He cackled at the threat. “Please, you couldn’t beat me, even if I was tied to a chair and had all the weapons in the world distributed to you. In fact,” He stepped towards me threateningly. I flinched at the movement.

“Just as I expected. I'm gonna tell you the truth. You just broke up with me and made me look like a ing idiot in front of a lot of people I’m friends with. But in fact, I never loved you” he punched Jessi in the gut before striding over here.

“I never did. Never will. Never have. I was just in it for the and status” he admitted.

“But you never wanted to ‘fool around’ with me. Ever. So I hooked up with from other schools to satisfy my needs. And here I was, your perfect. Loving. Boyfriend. Or so you thought” he smirked. Inches away from my face. I glared at him. He pecked me on the lips. Biting my lip as he pulled away. He then lightly slapped my face and grabbed my chin. My tears were on the edge. Threatening to fall any second.

“... Touch her” was all the small voice behind Nichkhun said. He spun on his heel and looked at the fist flying into his face. His head snapped to the left, looking very unsatisfied. He slowly walked over to the strawberry blonde.

“... What did you say to me, Jung?”

He shoved her against the wall again. This time, she stood her ground.

“I said. Don’t touch her” she proclaimed.

“Jessi! Stop-” suddenly, a hand wrapped around my mouth. My tears finally falling at the image of my Jessi being beaten by my ex. No Jessi! Please stop! Please! This is my fight! Not yours! I wanted to say but nothing. I was silenced and forced to watch my friend be beaten by my

ex-boyfriend.

- - - - - - - - 

Jessica’s POV

Do I regret standing up for Tiffany? Not at all. She was definitely a hopeless crush of mine but I have to protect her. After what happened at the lake, I have to. I must. She’s my love. She’s my life. She’s the reason I move on in life and take all these beatings. I'm taking a stand. I can’t beat him like I know I can sadly, that would just blow my cover; but I know I can fight back a bit. Nichkhun was speechless after I punched him. He didn’t move at all, which was what I was hoping for. A light punch, so it would seem as if I didn’t have superhuman strength.

“Y-You heard me Nichkhun. Don’t. Touch. Her” I said more confidently, shoving him back as light as I could. He lost his footing a bit. His face looked a little astonished by my bold moves.

“What are you going to do Jung? You’re weaker than a mouse. Are you gonna fight me?” He laughed down at me. Ha. I could smash your skull in, within a matter of seconds; I’m not that inhumane, though. I stood my ground.

“Y-Yeah. I am. I-If I win. You leave Tiffany alone. For good-”

“What if I win?” He interrupted. I can’t believe I’m saying this but.

“I’ll be your servant for a day”

He pursed his lips.

“Make it a week and you have a deal”

I hesitated for a second. I have to. I promised. I will protect you, Tiffany.

“Done” I held my hand out to shake his. He slapped my hand and turned away.

“Let me speak to Tiffany first” I demanded. He waved his hand. The big bloke behind him let go of Tiffany’s mouth.

“Jessi! What in the world are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter