Chapter 4: Sudden Feelings

You're My Kryptonite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica’s POV

“Miss Jung will be alright. When I took the bandages off, there wasn't any sign of a wound. Just a mere cut. Now if you will, I have things to attend to. Please take care, Miss Hwang. Don't forget to grab some lunch. Don't want you passing out too” said a female voice and some shuffling feet. W-Wait… Miss Hwang? Can't be. Don't tell me its-

“Please wake up Jessi,” said the very familiar female voice. I felt a soft hand squeeze mine. I fluttered my eyes open and caught myself staring at the same chocolate orbs that I fell in love with in middle school. I squeezed back and smiled, looking away. Gosh, this is embarrassing.

“Hey” was all I said.

“Jessi!” She screamed and tackled me in a big bear hug. I stiffened at the touch. She released the hug and looked at me weirdly.

“W-What’s wrong? Aren't you going to hug me back?” She questioned

“N-No that’s-” I started

“I-I… I get it. S-Sorry. I should have asked and I-” Tiffany’s voice became smaller as she spoke. , what the hell do I say? I don't wanna see her cry. To try and stop her from feeling bad about the embrace, I did the boldest thing in my entire life. I pulled her in for a tight firm hug.

“You… You don't have to ask,” I said finally pulling away, “I-I was just a little t-taken back by the s-skinship. I'm not u-use to it. Also, can y-you pass me my g-glasses? I can't r-really see very well right n-now”. I let go and smiled warmly at my love. She giggled and handed me my glasses. I could see her eyes light up and turn into little crescents. She jumped into my arms again, wrapping her arms around my neck. Thump, thump. Thump, thump. Thump, thump. Thump, thump. My heart was like a race car. I could feel my face heating at the moment. I pushed my glasses back up to the bridge of my nose. Tiffany rested her head in the crook of my neck. The scent of vanilla and strawberries filling my nostrils. Tiffany let go first, pulling away, her face was red as a tomato.

“You… You smell so… Familiar…” Tiffany suddenly blurted out. That comment brought me back to last night. Tiffany was in my arms and she mentioned something about ‘smelling good’. I instantly pushed Tiffany back and kicked off the covers. Tiffany fell onto the floor with a yelp. Good going, Jung. Pushing the girl, you like, onto the floor. That's definitely how you can ‘sweep’ her off her feet.

“S-Sorry! I'm really sorry. I-I didn't mean to. I-I just, . I'm s-sorry” I said reaching down to give her a hand.

“I’ll try t-to- whoa!” I yelled and slipped on the floor with my socks. Landing on something soft. The soft thing under me let out a groan of pain. I pushed myself up and looked at the figure under me straight in the eyes. Again, my heart melted under Tiffany’s soft warm gaze. Our faces just inches away. She blushed at the closeness, as did I. I looked up and saw my glasses were scooted across the floor. I got off Tiffany immediately “in search” of my glasses.

“H-Hey Tiff? Can you h-help me find my glasses? I'm blind as a b-bat when I don't have them. Sorry ha-ha” I chuckled. Still “searching” for my lost glasses.

“They’re over here Jessi”

she ran over and picked them up. Then gave me a hand. I stood up and put my glasses back on.

“Th-Thanks. Tiffany”

“Anything for you Jessi” she exclaimed with her beautiful eye-smile. Don't stutter. Don't stutter!

“I-I have to g-go” Damn it, Jung! “C-Can you tell the n-nurse I-I’ve left? Th-Thanks” I stammered out.

“Yeah sure. See yah later Jessi!” She exclaimed walking to the nurse's office.

I pushed open the doors, trudging down the halls. People were staring at my left and right, whispering and gossiping, as usual.

“Oh my God. Is that Sooyeon?”

“What is Tiffany doing in there?”

“I saw Sooyeon today. She was limping to school with a bandage on her head and her leg”

“Where is Tiffany Unnie?”

“What did she do to Tiffany Noona?”

Jeez, these ing nosey kids. Just as I was about to pass by Nichkhun’s group of friends outside of the school. My back was pushed and I fell to the ground, scraping the left side of me. I didn't even have to look; to know who it was.

“Where you off to fagget?” Spoke a familiar male voice.

Nichkhun

“N-Nowhere” I whispered

“I can't hear you Jung” he stated. Kicking me in the ribs. The bottom of his foot resting on the side of my face.

“Nowhere,” I said more firmly. Nichkhun laughed at me. He picked me up by my collar.

“I heard you were with Tiffany. My girlfriend” he huffed out, punching me in the gut. I huddled over. His fist came flying at my face. My head snapped back and hit the wall. My vision blurred, dropping to my knees.

“Why were you with her? What did she want with you?” He spat out, circling me. My mouth went dry and my nose was throbbing.

“Answer me!” He picked me up by the collar again.

“... Sh-She was helping me-”

“Why the would she help someone like you? She hates you. She doesn't like you. You mean nothing to her” Nichkhun’s words dripped like poison into my brain. His words bouncing around in my head. She hates you. She doesn't like you. Help someone like you. You mean nothing to her. He's right. Why would someone out of my league and magnificent as her, help someone like me? I let out a small chuckle. Blood running from my nose and my mouth. Nichkhun looked at me in disgust, then at his guys. He raised his eyebrows and shoved me to the ground.

“You’re a freak. I don't want Tiffany to have a bad reputation because of you. So stay away from her, or else.” He spat at me. “Dyke”. Then stomped on my glasses. I pushed my self off the ground. She’s out of your league. She hates you. I picked myself this time and my glasses off the ground. She’s not yours. Why would she help someone like you? She never wanted to be friends with you. She’s using you. The worst thing bouncing around in my mind was; she hates you. I pushed open the school doors, walking swiftly to the bathroom. Shoulders

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter